Closed Thread
Page 30 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yay for things starting Yasna.

Ive vey had my hystersopcy thing, biopsy flush and scratch. All ok no issues.
    So now just wait for AF and that lining to grow as well.

I get my dates on Friday yay. Still have not decided my clinic I like Penny at Serum Dr Nikos is nice too.

That hotel in Placka looks great I want to say there too.

Good luck Dette getting close

Kathy hope your well too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,
    This is my first post after 10 years of IVF, PGD and 3 miscarriages.
    I turned 40, 2 days ago and just found out that 3 recent rounds of IVF embryos (to get enought numbers to test)that were PGD tested have all came back abnormal.
    It feels like my next option is going to Greece for embryo donation. My body feels done with the IVF drugs.
    I wanted to reach out to ask if any ladies are planning to go over to Greece this year? Or are thinking about it. And any who have been did you plan to stay for 2 cycles?
    Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in Greece

Hi Wet Setter - I'm sorry your ivf journey has not given you your dream baby yet (it's unfair hey) and you've had to join us here - but the good news is your prospects of success have sky rocketed now you're looking at donor eggs! :-)

There are a few girls going over in March and I'm going in Sept to try for bubs number two. Feel free to ask any questions you have as between us all we've been to a few clinics, tried a few hotels/apartments etc and are happy to help :-)

This could be your magic year Wet Setter! X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you Vixjc for sharing some hope.
    it sounds like from reading the forum that serum and embryo land are the 2 best.
    I have sent an enquiry off to serum and will probably do the same for embryo land.
    I am thinking if I go over I might plan to stay for 2 cycles (incase the first is unsuccessful) . Is it best to go over and have the embryos thawed so the cycle is done before you arrive? So you just turn up and they put them in (I guess that would mean I need a doctor here to check ovulation and lining right?

Also is it likely to get enough embryos from 1 cycle for a 2nd shot a month later? I was hoping to do this so I can stay for about 6 weeks (I can visit my mum as she lives in Macedonia and maybe make a bit of a holiday out of it).

This does feel like it is possible. Ifd like to also share that My husband and I have also done foster caring and thought that was an option for us. I have to say whikst rewarding that is really hard work as some of the littles are so damaged from their past.

Thankyou for taking the time to read my questions
    (ps anyone know how to change the username, I thought it was just to set up but not the name I would have in the forum) it's sounds a bit weird

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wet setter - I love your username! It gives me visions of a soggy and very happy red setter dog :-)

From my experience with Serum you would be probably be able to do one trip with two transfers if need be, provided of course there were no issues with your lining etc. you could do the first cycle fresh and the second frozen. In my trip to Serum I gave them a couple of months notice of when I would arrive. They timed the donor's cycle to ensure I would receive a transfer in the week i was going to be in Athens. There were enough embies left from that cycle to freeze, even after we transferred three fresh. I think it helps to have an FS help prepare you here so you have peace of mind and go over with everything ready, but that's just me, if you have a cooperative gp you might not need an fs. It sounds like you could do a lovely trip, if you needed the second cycle you could return to Athens for it, but if not you'll have a great holiday anyway 😊

Serum are so accommodating they will work with you if you tell them how you'd like it to work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    And by the way, there must be so much good karma waiting for you after all that foster caring - such an amazing thing to do, I'm not strong enough for it, it'd break my heart! May good things come your way!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

I have been casually reading all of your posts for a little while and thought I would pop in first to say a great big hi! And secondly to say thanks to you all as it has been so helpful to read about others that are going through donor egg IVF also.

I was diagnosed with the very rare premature ovarian failure (a fancy word for early menopause) when I was 19 and haven't really found many others who have this same diagnosis as me. Now at 30 my husband and I have organised to go to embryoland under the care of Dr Nikos in September this year for donor egg IVF. I'm looking forward to being on this journey with so many of you and hope 2015 is a super positive year xx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsJT For This Useful Post:

Vixjc  (08-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks vixjc for sharing your knowledge. It helps to see the possibility in this. Nice to have hope when everything has failed so many times before.

and yes spot on with the name, he a great big setter (gordon setter) and goes swimming everyday. He's a great big slobbery friend.

fostering littlest is really tough, we had a 4 and 6 year old for 2 years and it didn't work out and it broke my heart when they left. I just hope we helped show them that there is good in the world. I think about them a lot but also have realised through that process that I want a child from a baby. It sounds a little selfish and I always hoped it would be biologically ours but this now looks near impossible. I wonder if any other ladies had to accept this and what helped you.
    I feel quite good about it, I am one of these people who wants to be. 100% sure before I do it.

its good to know it could happen within a few months. Is it preferable to go out of peak time ( which I assume is their summer June- August) or doesn't it really matter.
    im so glad to have found this forum, just makes it feel less hard to do.

good luck mrsjt. I met a couple (at an adoption seminar about 5 years) and she had the same condition. I have kept in contact with her (just via Facebook ) and she went to Greece and had. 2 goes and now has a 2 year old. Wish you all the luck in the world. These bubbers born to IVFers are lucky cos they are Sooooo wanted.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Mrs JT - I have heard great things about Embryoland so fingers crossed that 2015 is your year. I'll be there in September too - it's supposed to be a good time in Athens, not too hot but still pleasant.

Wet Setter - Gordon Setters are so lovely! I can totally understand about wanting a child from a baby. I don't think its selfish at all. There are lots of different paths to parenthood, we all have to pick the path that is best for us and will help us to be the best parent we can be, and if this is your path, then this is it, end of story. In terms of adjusting to the baby not being your biological child, I have to say it was something I have thought a lot about. I accepted moving to donor eggs quite easily, it was so important to us to have a family, and my DH is such a top bloke and Greece is significant to us as a couple that I really felt comprtable with taking the Greek donor egg path. It just seemed to be logical. But I did reall think about how I would feel once the baby was born, whether I would feel a disconnect or in some way different because the baby was not genetically mine. I also wondered whether my family wouldn't feel as connected. From the minute Thomas was born, I have felt he is 100% mine and that he was the baby I was meant to have. I feel no sense of disconnect or loss at all. And my family are besotted, everyone totally forgets he's a donor egg, my husbands family included, its actually me that remembers it (not surprising given it's my "loss" so to speak) and I really don't feel much of a loss at all. I do feel a little sad that I will never know what a baby created by my husband and me would be like, but I am overwhelmed by the beauty and magic created by my husband and our donor (they make beautiful babies!) and I am delighted that we are able to try to have a 100% sibling for Thomas. I do dislike having to reply to medical prctitioners questions about medical history with "I don't know - he is an egg donor baby" - but really, I feel it SO much less than I expected. He is mine in every other sense, gorgeous little chunky monkey that he is . It's also a credit to Serum in their choice of donor for me that they seem to have picked a donor physically similar to me in some ways. They said she looked quite similar to me but I sort of attributed some poetic licence and kind intentions to that - obviously the basic stats about height and weight etc are all the same as me. However, I have a kind of distinctive nose, not your usual Greek nose at all (I'm not Greek after all! our donor is) and noone in my DH's family has anything like it, but I have quite a snub nose, and so does Thomas I really like that

When we agreed to do donor eggs, I told my husband that I still wanted to be able to try another OE cycle here in Aus after our DE baby was born, I wanted to still have that option. Having now had Thomas, I'm not really interested in doing that at all. I'm happy to let that go. If I fell pregnant naturally and unplanned, of course that would be lovely, but I don't feel the need to try "one more time" for "my" baby. I'd prefer to have my donor eggs cycle and for Thomas to have a 100% sibling from our donor. I guess its like I said, Thomas is the baby I was meant to have, this is the parent I was meant to be, and it's awesome .

As for what time of year to go to Athens, I guess it depends on how you plan to do it. Most of the clinics will be shut in August, they all tend to close for summer. If you plan to put a beach holiday around it, then July is certainly a good time, although its VERY hot and sticky in Athens at that time, so sightseeing around Athens would be uncomfortable (I've don that before!). Its more comfortable on the islands because there is breeze but its still sweltering. I got engaged in July on the Greek Islands so that time of year in Greece is really memorable for me - I remember I was melting, and I like hot weather! November is very pleasant, t-shirts during the day, cardy at night, so great for Athens but not a great time of year if you want some beach time, unless you're from Tassie and are used to cooler beach days . April is a bit the same, maybe without the cardy at night. If you're not up for really hot weather but want some beach time, May and June and Sept are probably all good options.

This thread is really taking off now ladies - we're going to have some BFP's this year for sure! Hopefully I'm one of them come September

Lots of to you all x

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

Wet setter  (09-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Vixjc for sharing how you felt about DE.
    I guess I am just looking for where this will go wrong. I think infertility over so many years makes you second guess everything. It feels almost like an easy choice and I think that is why I am struggling cos nothing has been easy to date. I spoke to my sister about it last night and she had a really good point. She said you loved and treated the foster children like they were your own of course you will love and embrace a little baby. Who wouldnt?? And I guess she is right.
    I hope everything works out for you in September and you get the sibling for your little guy. I am going to spend this week thinking and chatting to DH (wow I am getting the lingo pretty quickly ). I also messaged the lady I met years ago who has the 2 year that was DE from Greece and she has offered to come over and chat to me about her experience - which is just so great. The one thing she did say is to get super organised cos she said they are not. I am not sure what she meant by it. I guess I will find out when i chat to her.
    I do have one question, many ladies are talking about 'Penny' at Serum. I am a bit concerned that she is not a doctor but at Embryoland you deal directly with a doctor. Is that the case and is there any difference. I imagine they have to have qualified doctors at Serum too....

Thanks again