Closed Thread
Page 27 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Francesthecat, I'm speaking with you in C.C..I'm there as well, since I was going to USA and changed plans due to visa issues...

I hope to get over there in March also...keep in touch tell me when you are ready to go...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Vixjc View Post
    Welcome Yasna, I didn't go to Embryoland so can't help you, but good luck :-D
    Hi Vixjc !! You went to serum? its so confusing know 'which' clinic to go to..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It certainly is! When my former FS suggested Greece I researched and Serum resonated with me, but the FS directed me elsewhere. It was a god awful experience so for the next attempt I got a new FS and went with the clinic I wanted, ie Serum, and I'm so very glad I did :-).

I hope your trip is both enjoyable and successful x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning lovely ladies!

welcome Yasna. I hope you will get all the info you need here. I know I certainly did. Vinjx is the google of de ivf & helped me considerably with all my endless questions.

I, like Vinxj went to Serum, so can't help with particulars re Embryoland but wish you much success. I nearly went there & then chose Serum. I have nothing but praise for Serum. They have been so awesome. However, I know Frances & others have found Embryoland to be good as well. Good luck, I will look forward to hearing more of your journey

Happy day 1 Frances. It's always good to have a start. Good luck with this hsg. I'm sure you will be fine. Us girls are tough.

I will be off to Serum (Athens) on the 11th March for a week. It's a bit of a fly in, fly out this time. I'm only there for a week - day 15/21 of cycle. Fingers crossed everything goes according to plan as I haven't got any flexibility. So everyone say a little prayer for me please . Nothing like adding a little more stress to the equation, dohl!

This is time we are doing a double donor, as advised by Penny at Serum after miscarriage last time. Nervous but excited.

Vinjx, hows that beautiful little man of yours? Would love to see a photo. Two months have flown by; can you believe you will be heading back in seven months ???!!! You are one brave girl.

It it looks as March is going to be a busy month for us all

xxxx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dette For This Useful Post:

francesthecat  (22-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay Dette, for March

Ive had a look at the dates dam, it hits Easter & Orthodox Easter in Greece. I think I'll have to go after then. As like here I bet they shut up shop.

Oh oh well I'll have to now live through you Dette and Yasana
    but it gives me longer to get over the hysterscopy.

i hear Dette nervous but excited as well.

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, March sounds super busy. Good luck to all who are heading across.
    Last edited by Rachel70; 01-04-2015 at 15:27.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Rachel, when I was there last time (albeit with Serum) I was there 6 nights and I could have left earlier but wanted to relax for a few days post transfer.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

Rachel70  (01-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm hoping for March, but its all up to my lining. It better fluff up !! It would be AWESOME to catch up with people while there. It would cure the anxiety of being alone in a foreign town, questioning every twitch and focusing your entire mind on baby business. If there were more of us, it would make for a great distraction and I'm sure some huge laughs.

It's been such a journey for all of us, my FS plucked over 50 eggs from me over 3 years, then tells me they are old..ok great ! I could have done this DE thing sooner if I knew. Oh well here we are. I'm 45 this year.

I'm curious what meds your Dr's have you on. My FS likes to pump you full of all sorts, but Dr Nikos has suggested only progynova to fluff up lining. Seems minimal, but I'm going to give it a try this cycle. What have your FS had you on prior to transfer??? Clexane? Steroids? Feldene? Patches? Progesterone Oil or suppositories?

What info do you have on your ED?

I'm very excited about Athens, I really hope it works...
    I'm also looking forward to the tasty Greek food ! OPA !
    I just hope I make it there.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yasna For This Useful Post:

francesthecat  (23-02-2015),Rachel70  (01-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Yay Yasana sounds good, sometimes less is more. I felt dam horrible on that cocktail.

Hi Rachel I went to Serum as well, I really only needed to be there 6 days at the most. But we gave extra time incase there was delays, gave us time to relax after transfer do some sight seeing.
    Yep sick of being nickel and dimmed by some FS at Monash.

Got some dates to pencil in today, sorry while I was on the phone accidentally rudely hung up on some one today
    Easter dam it, April it is.
    Oh well gives me time to go to India to visit a friend while Im off work.

I hope everyones plans are traveling along well.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to francesthecat For This Useful Post:

Rachel70  (01-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Yasna, Serum guided my protocol, but I'm a very poor responder to meds so I'm not a good guide. We used zolodex to down reg, then progynova, clexane, prednisolone, intralipid, progesterone pessaries and pregnyl. I was having a lot of trouble with my lining and was on 16 progynova a day, but it gets me there in the end :-)

As for my donor, I don't know what info embryoland gives out, but Serum told me about my donor's age (20), her nationality (Greek), her physical characteristics, her hobbies, personality and the fact she's a college student.

Athens gets a bad rap, but I really like it. If you stay in a hotel on 'Ermou St', you are on the main shopping street and it leads to all the other main central areas so you have easy access to the touristy areas and restaurants etc. Or from Embryoland and the hotels near there, it's about a 20 minute walk to the main part of town. There aren't a lot of restaurant options near Embryoland (which is right near Serum) if you're staying near there, but enough to get by, there's a TGI Fridays which is handy if you want something non-Greek.

I have such positive memories of my last trip to Athens that every time I see Greece's Parliament House on the news at the moment I feel nostalgic!

Best of luck for your trip, and remember get most of your meds in Greece, it's easy to do, you don't need a prescription and it's WAY cheaper :-)