Closed Thread
Page 26 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    France's I'm so sorry about your bfn, that just sucks balls. Love your attitude though, and I agree about Greece, awesome holiday hey! I'm going back in Sept, I'm kinda looking forward to the week on my own and indulging in all that gorgeous food :-D

Tayto, welcome aboard! You will need an FS here to prescribe the meds as a gp can't prescribe some of the stuff you'll need. I used an FS who also had an ultrasound machine so she could check my lining before I went without me having to go to a radiology place. As for seeing Greek Drs for a consult while you're there, can't hurt! That way if you're not comfortable with the clinic you choose at first, you can always change. From my perspective, the customer service at Serum has been flawless at all stages before, during, and after my cycle. Even now my baby has been born Penny still responds to my emails just as quickly. My thing would be to make sure your comfortable with how a donor is selected for you, serum selected mine in advance which was gear. But some clinics don't allocate one till after you arrive, which I don't like. Also check how long they need you there, and if it's more than a week, find out why. It gets expensive to have to be there for a long time. You really ought to be able to turn up with your 'oven' primed, recieve a transfer within a couple of days, then leave.

Good luck!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

francesthecat  (21-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies sorry for dropping in but I went to Greece in 2013, picked a shonky clinic but won't go into that!! Anyway just wanted to let you know my gp prescribed all the drugs I needed for both my Greek cycle and my Czech cycle, so it probably depends on how cooperative your gp wants to be

4. The Following User Says Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

francesthecat  (21-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Stacey, was your gp able to prescribe progesterone? I wonder if things have changed? I needed a progesterone prescription about a year ago during a suspected potential miscarriage I only needed the script to get me through about three days till I saw a FS but when the gp, who was being very helpful and compassionate given the situation, looked it up (cos it wasn't something he had prescribed before) he wasn't able to prescribe it because he didn't have some particular authority that he said FS's have. Maybe it was because of the high dose I needed or something but he wasn't able to help and I had to make other arrangements.

Maybe the trick is to get the drug protocol from your chosen clinic, check with your gp if they can help with the script for those meds, and only if they can't help, go to a FS?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Vixjc yes my gp prescribed me progesterone, it's basically a private script and I had to take it to a compound chemist to get it filled, even if it is an authority medicine, they can ring up and get an authority number for it, I'm doing that at the moment with domperidine to help with breast milk supply. when I tok my script to the chemist they did say that they could make it up for me anyway I wanted as it was a private script (not covered at all by Medicare) I did show him the list of meds I needed for the cycle, so not sure if that did anything, I also just got ego ugh to get me to the clinic then bought the rest from there, heaps cheaper

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well there you go! My guy was obviously a bit flummoxed by it all :-D

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol probably as I guess they can't keep up with everything or I'm just lucky, my gp prescribed everything I needed and didn't bat an eye, maybe he was scared of me lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Dette - March isn't far away! When in March do you go?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been reading for a while and thought I'd join ! I'm from Brisbane and a patient of Dr Wazza.

I'm planning on going to Embryoland in the next month or so..please let me know whos been there? Have you been successful? Whos going in the next few months !!

Tell me more, or message me, I'm happy to meet up and chat with anyone whos been or going to Athens and have used Dr Nikos..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Yay cycle day one so March I just might make it.
    Ive got a HSG booked next week, sounds horrible. Even more so when the booking staff say its unpleasant.

Yasana Im a Dr Wazza girl as well, he is a great FS.
    Im happy to meet up in March if we are there at the same time. We had such a great time while there. So many nice places to eat and great places to go.

Dette when are you going ?

best wishes everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Yasna, I didn't go to Embryoland so can't help you, but good luck :-D