Closed Thread
Page 23 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck Frances!!!!!! This is the hard part were we drive ourselves crazy wondering if every twinge is a good sign or bad. Let's hope they are all good.

when are you meant to test? & when do you fly home?

Fingers & toes crossed

Xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ladies,

Thank you soo much for your kind and well wishes the support you have given me & DH has been amazing.

Im off back home on Saturday arvo. So walking around the ruins has helped take my mind of things. Plus stuffing my face with the amazing food OMG yum.

Yep I would be back here in a flash, hope not to for a while lol.

Just because we are here, in Athens are at the fancy pants clinic. This place is has not been an easy experience,,compared to Serum. Only gave us forms in Greek to fill in, um can't do that.

Waiting more than 1.5 hours to see this magic Dr zzzzzz if I had to pay to see this guy. We would have walked out.

Waiting waitng

thanks again xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    If that fancy pants clinic is the one I went to initially then I well remember the wait - it took over 4 hours till we saw the Dr for our first appt even though he was apparently expecting us ... Ridiculous.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday and good luck for your hpt!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

francesthecat  (07-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

My thoughts are with those of you just beginning this journey, waiting for the next cycle or on your two week wait.

I joined this thread back in October and did my first DE cycle with Embryoland in January. I can't recommend them highly enough however, for our first cycle we have just received a BFN. We went on the conservative side and only had one embryo transferred. I am in healthy weight range, don't smoke, drink etc. I did acupuncture, diet and everything else I could think of. We don't have any other complications to speak of but it still didn't go our way.

A lot of reading I've been doing speaks of this 50-60% success rate "over three cycles". So, I am hoping to hear about success stories, and my question to those of you active on this thread is if you have been successful:

How many embryos did you transfer?
    How many cycles before you were successful?

So grateful for the information shared on this thread.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi - i'e done three transfers, 1 x OE (pregnant but ectopic) and 2 x DE.

My first DE cycle I transferred 2 embryos. Pregnant with one but Miscarried/no viable embryo at 8 weeks.

Second DE I transferred 3 embryos. Pregnant with one and that resulted in Thomas. I didn't use acupuncture or anything, but I was at Serum and they do a uterine wash and mild uterine irritation/scratch the day before transfer, don't know if that helped.

We will return later in the year to try for a sibling for Thomas and will transfer two embies as our 4 frosties are frozen in pairs, but I would not have hesitated to transfer three.

Good luck for your next trip :-)

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (10-02-2015),Rachel70  (08-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Donor transfer at Embryoland

Hi Rachel07
    I have had 4 et at Embroyoland. 2 were using husband sperm. Both times embryos implanted but lost them within days. 3 rd time we used donor embryos. I became pregnant with twins but lost one at 4.5 weeks then the other at 6.5 weeks. In jan I thried again for the fourth time. I am currently 4.5 weeks preg. Not sure if it will last as not having any symptoms but crossing fingers. if you want to chat you are welcome to ring me 0411347806. Kathy

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kathcraig For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (10-02-2015),francesthecat  (07-02-2015),Rachel70  (08-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Just starting out

Hi there. I am new to this part of the process...

I have been trying to advertise for a egg donor for the last six months, to no avail. I was just googling options, when I came across this thread.

I am so scared and I am not sure if I am rushing things in looking overseas for a egg donor.

How long did everyone look for a egg donor before they ventured overseas? and why is Greece so popular for donations?
    Does everyone have a Greek background or is this easiest country to access eggs?

Cheers
    Janine

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bouncybub - I don't think you're rushing things to go overseas for a donor. If you have already decided that egg donor is the path you need to take, then my view is that where you find that donor is a much smaller issue. I didn't try to find an Aussie donor first because I knew that it could take a very long time (if it was successful at all) and I don't have that kind of time. Donor eggs from overseas can have you receiving a transfer within 6-8 weeks. Our FS at the time recommended Greece and it made sense for us because DH is Greek but I know the clinic I used (Serum) has access to non Greek donors if you are fair / those characteristics match you and DH better.

I know that South Africa is also very popular and you can pick your own donor there and can see childhood photos etc - in Greece it is totally anon so you have to trust your clinic to pick a good donor for you. I trust Serum - when my baby was born by c section, before I was even off the operating table, one of the nurses who didn't know he was a donor egg, said 'oh look! He has your nose! I love that :-)

Don't hesitate to pm me if you have other questions or want to set up a phone chat :-)

Good luck with your journey x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh yeah - the Czech Republic is also popular for donor eggs so it's really a matter of working out which country suits you best. I think the costs and timeframes are pretty similar between them. You will find the uk website 'fertility friends' is really helpful and a great source of info about European clinics. There is a thread on Bubhub about donor eggs South Africa - a popular clinic is cape fertility - at least I think that's what it's called ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Ladies,

well its nearly time to fly home. It's been great trip.

Im my experience the egg donation costs is the same as home and super quick.
    plus the fab trip.

choose a clinic that suits you. I've Eastern European looks, so it's very easy for me to find a donor with similar looks.
    Ive kept all options open, so I can still do IVF if I want, I don't like closing to off options at all. More options the beterr, that's just me.

FFS 7 days past faint clear blue line, looking like chemical. Sh1t ! We saw a few other clincis here OMG they are bad, second rate equipment etc no care less attitude.
    you must go with who you feel, suits you.

Do your home work too, clinicis will see you the drugs at hugely inflated prices.

Maybe there will be some sort of mircale

best wishes and good luck xxx

thnak you been a huge help

14. The Following User Says Thank You to francesthecat For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (08-02-2015)