Closed Thread
Page 22 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Considering Donor Egg Greece

Hi Ladies
    I have been following this thread for some time now & all your information has been so helpful. I'm looking into donor eggs in Greece (my husband is Greek but I'm a fair redhead!) I know you are all going through your own journey but I was hoping you could answer a few questions for me?
    According to what I have read here the clinics of choice seems to be either Serum or Embryoland. I'm torn between the two. Also if you fell pregnant with DE & it ended in miscarriage, what were the reasons ie: progesterone issues, genetic issues etc?
    Thank you in advance 😊
    Julie (45) DH (47) TTC for 5 years naturally & 2 failed IUI's

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey Juju - there are quite a few clinics in Greece but Serum and Embryoland seem to be the ones talked about on here. I've also been to Genesis but wouldn't recommend it - just my experience. If you're trying to pick between the two I would contact them both then go with the one you're most comfortable with. For me that was Serum, love love love them!

My miscarriage after a DE cycle was unexplained. Personally I think it was prob egg quality. That was from my genesis cycle, they only got 2 embryos from the donors cycle which seems low - and they didn't tell me the quality (I had a terrible time getting any info at all from them at all stages of the process) but when I asked if they were good quality they brushed me off and said 'yes of course'. When I miscarried my fs was on holidays (ironically, he was on holidays with the owner of genesis) and so his locum dealt with my miscarriage, I was too devastated to push further when he said it was just one of those things and I never heard from my fs again. I used a different fa here to facilitate my serum trip.

Good luck with choosing a clinic, fingers crossed one trip is all you need!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Vixjc!
    And congratulations on your baby boy 🍼
    I too have heard bad things about Genesis especially their bed side manner!
    That's a great help and now is the time for decision making. I will contact both clinics & go from there.
    Thanks again xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like the genesis feedback is pretty consistent - when I got an internal ultrasound there it was so rough I nearly jumped off the bed with surprise. That, along with several other factors, and particularly the fact they don't allocate a donor until after you arrive, meant it was just not a place I wanted to go to again.

Good luck making your selection :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay Kathy that's such a great start hope those lines keep getting darker.

As as for me and clinic choice, I changed at the due to price. This may need a few trips, to get this. So I had to save some $$ as I'm on leave with no pay at the moment. I don't want to keep hitting my VLOC.

I would recomend both Serum and Embryoland. You have chose who you feel best about.

As for The Genesis Clinic they never been bothered returning any emails or calls. So to me, if I needed them urgently was anyone going to assist.
    I strongly doubt it. So that made my decisions for me.

Transfer is set for Saturday eeeeek nervous as now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @francesthecat
    GOOD LUCK....sending you the most postive vibes ever xxxx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Molros For This Useful Post:

francesthecat  (31-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello lovely ladies,

wow, it's all happening.

kaithcraig - yay!!!!! That is fabulous news & I pray those lines get stronger & your little one snuggles in for the nine month journey.

im also glad to hear it was positive from a frostie, as we are heading over to Serum in March & using frosties this time too.

Francesthecat, my fingers & toes are crossed for you sweet. You have certainly had a bumpy ride but may the rest of the journey be smooth sailing. Good luck with the transfer, remember to breathe! I'm not going to March & I'm already terrified, so can imagine how you are feeling.

Hey Juju, I went to Serum last year. It was a fantastic experience & compared to Australia's ivf, it was like night & day. The staff at Serum were absolutely beautiful, so compassionate & professional.

Unfortunately, i miscarried at 11 weeks. At the time, I couldn't handle the thought of having a d&c for the baby to be tested. In hindsight I probably should have. However upon speaking with Serum & the docs here, they believe that hubbies sperm was not up to par. Out of 12 donor eggs & his sperm we only got 2 viable eggs. Hence this time we are doing double donor.
    Similar to you, my hubby is dark (Italian) & I'm blonde & petite, but Serum has matched the donors to have similar traits to us both. We head over mid March to give it another shot.

Vinjx, how's little Thomas going? Has he still got you jumping all night? I'm sure you are doing a fantastic job, even with no sleep. Before you know it you will be heading back in September for number two!!!!!! Holy moly

good luck girls, much love to you all

xxx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dette For This Useful Post:

francesthecat  (31-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay Dette sounds like a great plan for March.

Ive lately had a sedation for transfers, as my cervix is quite closed. So Yep gotta breath.

The clinic called me today to just to say all ok for tommorrow, I swear I just about sh@t myself.

Thank you for your well wishes ladies. One step at a time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    All done and PUPO.

They said the embies we got were top graded, which is good news.
    It justness alittle, and two tiny smears of bright red blood. Made me cry, it's just from transfer. All these hormones

They were not happy with DH sperm, if this cycle fails or misscarriage, they have said they can't use him again.
    Which is understandable, as we started our IVF so long ago with MFI. They weren't really wanting us to bother freezing anymore either.
    Penny said she nearly had a heart attack, with his results.

So so now just the TWW crazies to start soon.

Also I have a huge loud mouth, with no filtering system. Talking about the the medications and all that progesterone.
    " so two in the pink, one in the stink " I say to the midwife nurse OMFG it just came out.

Next is the tourist thing yay.

thank you for your support xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats on being pupo :-) now rest up, think positive, eat lots of that gorgeous Greek food and hopefully the tww will fly and there'll be some good news at the end of it x

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

francesthecat  (01-02-2015)