Closed Thread
Page 2 of 99 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone! I am reviving the thread because I am really excited, I just booked my tickets to Greece! I am going mid June for my second try! Fingers crossed in July I will be pregnant to Fionas brother/sister!
    How is everything going with you? Hope everyone is as happy and excited as me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ally I can't wait to see how you go. I sent an online query and someone answered and an agent answered and gave me info on serum. Their prices have gone up a lot more now for donor embryo transfer. From $2500 to $5500. I think because of the financial crisis. Put it out of my financial reach at the moment unfortunately.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Annette, I will keep you posted on my news!
    Hope you can gather some money soon and give it one more try, but till then, just try to enjoy your time as much as you can. If you need anything I am here!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Greece...

Hi Ally & Annette,

Ally - how exciting..!

We are in the initial stages of organising our Greek donor program. We are going through an agency in Sydney, who are looking after our tests, medication, communication with the clinic in Athens, etc. Should all be happening in December.

All the best with your 'business trip' next month!

CHeers,
    Mel

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much Mel!
    Keep me posted on your news, I would love to know how things went for you! Hopefully soon we will both be really really fat and happy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mel, would you mind telling me which agency you used and if the costs were similar to what ally paid or went up for you too? I tried messaging you but the site wouldn't let me. Hope it is all going well for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am pregnant!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hurrah for Ally! Good luck to you to Mel :-) I have been stalking this page for a few weeks since my FS mentioned egg donation in Greece. I've googled my little heart out but still have some questions that maybe you can help with Ally? We are going to keep trying here on a new protocol from my new more progressive FS, for a few more months - I am 39 with an AMH of 12.9, but the Big Fella has some issues, and it turns out I'm a poor responder to IVF meds, so after 5 cycles of IVF we've had three cancelled cycles, 1 egg retrieval that resulted in an ectopic, and 1 egg egg retrieval with nothing fertilised. But if they can't get me to respond to the meds, then its Athens for us (my FS has a relationship with a clinic there but I don't know which one). So my questions are:
    - how long does it take from the time you contact the clinic, to the time you go over for the transfer?
    - how do you know when to fly over given its hard to tell when the egg retrieval will take place? Do you go over early then just wait? Or do you get a flight on a few days notice? My work is not of the flexible kind
    - what do the clinic take into account when selecting a donor? I don't care much about physical features (although similar height and hair colour would be nice) but would be hopeful for a someone with a similar degree of sporty/academic alignment?
    That's all I can think of for the moment - I'm so excited for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Vixjk!
    Im so excited to you, I can barely think straight!
    Ill try my best now to reply to your questions!
    For me my transfer was around 3-4 months from the time I contacted the clinic. We had to check out everything medically, find a donor and sync our cycles.
    So it is perfectly timed in order for you to be able to do everything in less than 2 weeks! They will be able to tell you the exact dates in advance, dont worry!
    Some physical features are taken into account by the clinic when selecting a donor, but everything is confidential, so you cant really know anything about the donor in specific.
    If you have any more questions you can contact my clinic at info@embryoland.gr, they would happily explain everything in detail, since every situation is different
    I wish you all the best!!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ally1 For This Useful Post:

Vixjc  (05-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Helen - I emailed Embryoland on Friday and Dr Kanakas said the following:
    "Usually, you will start the whole therapy with your doctor in your country and you will finish the egg retrieval and embryotransfer here in Athens.So you have to stay once in Athens (1st consultation – 1 day / egg retrieval – up to 4 days)

The following blood examinations are needed:
    HIV I, II,
    HbsAg,
    HCV,
    RPR,
    Blood group from both partners,
    und Cystic Fibrosis Mutation from your partner.

The cost for egg donation procedure are the following:

- the medicines for the hormone stimulation of the donor ca. 900 Euro and
    - the Embryotransfer between 4.400 and 4.600 Euro.

Our egg donors are less than 30 years old and have usually had already a successful pregnancy.

Send me some pictures of you so we can select a donor based on your characteristics.

Hotel
    For patients or their partners from abroad who have to stay for a longer time, we can recommend the President Hotel, a comfortable 4-star hotel, which is located very close to our clinic (www.president.gr)

Doing the therapy during X-mas period is no problem for us.
    "

I hope that helps - I haven't called him yet as we are having a last attempt or two here, then after that will follow the advice of Dr Lolatgis about which clinic to use. I'm trying to convince my husband that Italy and Paris would make the 2WW much easier! Good luck