Closed Thread
Page 18 of 99 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Francesthecat, I'm so terribly sorry! That is absolutely heartbreaking. I know I certainly had a very stern talking to to god with lots of WTF in there. All that hope & joy to fall pregnant & then be shattered later. It amazes me the strength of the human soul to get up time & time again.

We will have Vinjx leed the way with her bubba this year & we will follow in 2015 with yours & mine! Serum here I come.

Vinjx, elephant cankles - so jealous! Hehe. Knowing just the small amount I know about u, I'm sure the nursery is a. Beautiful & b. organised within an inch of its life!!! Put those cankles up & enjoy your last few weeks of "me" time.

Much love 2 u all

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Dette, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss... I know there are no words that can take away the pain, but my thoughts and wishes are with you. x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by francesthecat View Post
    Dette, Im very sorry to ready of your update. Its just heart breaking when you do so much, see the baby and to have it taken away. Sending you the biggest hugs..

I had planned to go to Greece in September of this year, but my last cycle resulted in a BFP, I lost her at 16 weeks due to placenta ubruption.
    The pain of that loss is overwhelming, but I was blessed to be able to have her and hold her.

Planning for Greece has kept me going, as we have MFI we might not be able to do that well with donor eggs. So they have suggested we need to look at double donor as well. As Vixjc has said persistence will prevail.
    Me and DH have said, we are going to get there one way or the other.

So Ill be at either Embryoland or Serum in Feb. Both clinics have been great to deal with. It will depend on the donors they have available.

Sending you strength and courage...

Yay Vixjc hope the last of your pregnancy goes smoothly and you are holding your llittle one very soon.

Oh Frances! What an awful thing to happen! I was so excited for you when your last cycle worked. I'm so very sorry xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey pussykins,

thanks for your condolennces. Yes it's hard to trust it's all going to work out eventually but I have to believe it will.

All of the ladies on this site have walked a hard road but alas many r going to b, or r already mummies! I will keep going to I join those ranks, so alas it's back to Greece.

Meanwhile I get to live vicarisily through the rest of u.

Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    You'll get there Dette - I can feel it in my waters 😊 then you'll be alternately hurling, craving processed salty food, vacuuming your freezer drawer, going out in public dressed like a hobo, and scaring bakery staff (its the desperation in your face that worries them) with the rest of us old warriors 😉 xxx

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Vinjx! Can I take your waters with me when I head off to Greece next year?!

I will will be very happy to join the desperate warriors

You are sooooo close now, your next post might be with baby in arms. I can wait to hear all & welcome the arrival or Ralph/ette.

francesthecat, let me know when you have decided your next step. I will be cheering/praying & hoping, with you. 2015 is our year

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    You're not going to need my waters luv, you've got Penny/Serum! Bizarre how similar our stories have been - I spent last Xmas/new year experiencing what you are now ... And 12 months later we're about to have a very different Xmas Wishing that all of you are buying extra Xmas presses next year for someone very tiny

Thanks
    Reviews
    My update - our perfect cherub Thomas Andrew was born on 22 Dec weighing 3.4 kg or 7lb 8. He is just perfect and DH and I are so blissed out, so glad we stuck with this whole crazy process and ready to go through it all again next year to try for a sibling (we have 4 frosties waiting for us in Athens).

i hope to read some more good news on this thread soon!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

francesthecat  (30-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Vixjc View Post
    My update - our perfect cherub Thomas Andrew was born on 22 Dec weighing 3.4 kg or 7lb 8. He is just perfect and DH and I are so blissed out, so glad we stuck with this whole crazy process and ready to go through it all again next year to try for a sibling (we have 4 frosties waiting for us in Athens).

i hope to read some more good news on this thread soon!
    Wow that is amazing!! How long was your journey, and how old are you? Fantastic news to hear of such joy after so many setbacks along the way !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Chill out - We had been TTC for 3+ years before falling pregnant on our 8th IVF cycle (DH and I didn't meet till late thirties and I was 37 when we satrted TTC). I am now 41, DH is 44. We did 6 x OE cycles but I'm a woefully poor responder to IVF so despite a decent AMH, we only ever got one embryo over those 6 cycles and it resulted in an ectopic pregnancy (xmas 2012). We did a DE cycle in Athens at Genesis Clinic (same as Mary Koustas) hated that clinic but got pregnant - except there was no viable embryo at 7 weeks (xmas 2013). We changed to Serum Clinic in Athens, they were heavenly to deal with, and that cycle resulted in little Thomas.

ART is no barrel of laughs as we all know, and sometimes it forces us to make choices we'd rather not have to make, but ultimately for us, it was worth it to keep going