Closed Thread
Page 17 of 100 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Miss Macy,

i spent a couple of years living in Auckland & managed to travel around NZ - beautiful place!!

ive still got my fingers crossed for a positive blood test for you. This journey is truly a testing one & something I don't think any of us who are on it will understand - why do some people have it so easy & others not?!

should you have to go again & do another round of DE IVF, I did a little research on the 3 vs 5 days & asked numerous docs on the way & most agreeded that if the egg makes it to 5 days it means it got a higher probability of implanting. I found this hard also as with my own eggs & then even with DE eggs I was left very few at 5 days. Serum informed me when there that this was a sperm issue, more than an egg issue.

With our donor we had 12 eggs & only 2 made it to blastosis stage. We & the clinic were disappointed. This is how we learnt it was a sperm issue as this donor has previously had 10/12 etc good embro's to transfer.

However I must say serum were fantastic. We discussed our options - we had the choice of going with our 2 or we could have had an extra 2 of donated egg+sperm put in. Hence serum do offer you options. They understand you have come a long way & have a great deal on the line!

We put our 2 in & yay 1 took & I'm now 10 wks pregnant!!!!!

As for flights, I agree with Vinjx. We broke it up on the way over, stayed 2 nights in Abu Dhabi but flew straight home. If I do it again I would do via Singapore.

Keep us posted in how you go with blood test.

Vinjx, how exciting, washing wee things. That must make it seem very imminent! How's the nursery prep going?

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Rachel70,

I had 2 embryos transferred but only 1 has taken. Dr Nikos was reluctant to transfer more than 2 as he said he's had several triplet pregnancies which carries a higher risk, and I trusted his judgement. To be honest, I think I'd quietly freak out if I had twins or triplets, but its up to personal choice I guess.

Everything has gone well so far and I certainly don't take our luck for granted. We also had 2 embryos frozen, I think it was 500 Euros per annum, not cheap but worth it for piece of mind if we decide to try for more.

I hope everything goes well for you in Jan, I'm sure you'll be well looked after. If you stay at the President Hotel (which is practically next door) and book directly with them, mention you're a patient of Embryoland and they'll give you a discount. Best of luck!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Pussykins For This Useful Post:

Rachel70  (30-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for all the all info Vinjx and Dette and congratulations Dette too.
    Greece sound like they have more options than putting all your 'eggs in one basket' (literally). I need to make my decision soon. Last Beta came back as 4. Suprised that since that the clinic has not been in contact about options.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Aw crap Miss Macy - that hcg isn't what we wanted! I'm so sorry you've had that experience. And it sucks that your clinic has not been in touch - I've heard a bit of that lately and I've had it too. On my first trip to Greece I got pregnant, I saw my Aust FS/OB for the 7 weeks appt on my return, then he flew out on holidays. At the 8 week scan it showed no viable embryo. Another OB was taking care of me during my FS/OB's holidays, I ended up needing a chemically induced miscarriage because my body was hanging on to that non-viable pregnancy for dear life ... it was awful - this was last Christmas. And I never heard from that FS/OB again - I would have thought that some kind of contact on his return from leave would have been appropriate!?!? He sent me to Greece to his mates clinic, I got pregnant, I lost it, it was awful, where is the compassion? Customer service? It's bizarre hey.

Greece does provide more options I think. If you do go over, the President Hotel is right near Serum as well. Not as close as it is to Embryoland - but a short walk. However I wasn't a big rap for the President Hotel - although tbheir restaurant on the top floor was great - one main meal could serve three people! Huge! And very yummy. But that's just me - that hotel has had good feedback from others so maybe I just had an unlucky experience. The second time I went to Athens I got a little 1Br apartment - it was lovely, and there are lots in that area. It's quite a safe area (it's a bit of a medical district and the embassies are not far away), there is a supermarket nearby, and it was great to get up when I wanted, make my own tea and toast (I embraced my inner aussie bogun and took my vegemite with me ... and my English Breakfast teabags ) and lunch etc if I wanted, rather than being limited to hotel breakfast buffet time frames. I had unlimited high speed free wifi, and basically a bit more space than a hotel room, but for only 80 euro/night.

Lots of options lovely girl! Lots of decisions for you. But just for the moment, be kind to yourself and don't put too much pressure on yourself to decide your next steps just yet. Take care xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Miss Macy,

i just wanted to say I'm so sorry. This whole pregnancy journey has such highs & lows. My heart breaks for you.

Vinjx gives very good advice - take it nice & easy on yourself, physically, mentally & spiritually you will need time to heal, & it's ok to be sad & angry at the world. When your ready, then plan your next strategy. Vinjx is a wonderful example of fighting on & finally the planets aligned & she is very soon to be a mummy. I pray for this for you too!

Im sorry to say even after my own experiences in Australia, I think the medical field here have a lot to learn. The experience of here vs Greece is like night & day. Both in procedures & compassion.

Be be kind to you.

much love

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

ive vey just been to the docs for my 11wk scan. The baby's heart has stopped. I should miscarry in the next week. I'm so heart broken!

vinjx how did u cope when u miscarried? How long did u have 2 wait b4 u tried again?

my brain just keeps going around in loops, y? Y does this have 2 b so hard? Y is it so easy 4 some people, yet so hard 4 us? I don't understand how some people can throw their baby down a drain or harm/kill their child & yet here I am trying so hard 2 become a mum?!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh honey - I'm so incredibly sorry. Nothing makes that news easier. When it happened to us it was the 8 week scan, we'd never seen a heartbeat - so I think your road is harder, the more hope you've had, the harder it is to lose. I'm so gutted for you, I really am. We were shellshocked - and like you, found the unfairness of it all so overwhelming. It is so unfair that we we would go so far do much and try so hard and still face the emptiness of infertility, and yet others receive the most precious of gifts and don't even realise how precious it really is. Be kind to yourself and do whatever it is that makes you feel better.

In terms of planning our next attempt, we found out on 18 Dec, had the chemically induced miscarriage on about 6 Jan as my body wasn't letting go (have the d&c not the chemical miscarriage if you have to make that choice) and by that time I was already communicating with Serum. For me, planning our next steps made me feel better, but that's just me - you do what's right for you.

Biggest if hugs hon xxx

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Vinjx. It's nice to know someone else understands & I know u do.

This morning I'm back at work, knowing I've just got to keep going or the grief will crush me & I won't allow that. I've had cramping, so I think my body is starting to realise something is a miss. I'm hoping my body will naturally miscarry & then I will just make sure via ob everything is clear.

i have already emailed Penny, as like u, it helps 2 start planning. I'm hoping 2 go back 2 Greece ASAP. Penny has said she thinks we need 2 do double donor as hubbies sperm is just not kicking goals.

Do u know how long between a miscarriage & going again the time frame is?

I pray that, u as my role model, I will be blessed 2nd time around. Surely persistence has 2 win in the end?!

how r u & yr cankles going? Is the nursery ready?

Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    There is no doubt about it, you're a tough cookie! My body did the cramping too - just never followed through, I spent New Year last year trying to remain upright and pretend everything was fine ... God it sucked. I found that there were some different opinions about how long you should wait before your next try, I think I had one natural cycle (which had me bedridden for a week because of a reaction to the chemical miscarriage) before starting the Zolodex in Feb and Mar then going to Serum in April.

Thats rough about double donor - but should do great things for your prospects, such a double edged sword hey. But I'm with you, persistence will prevail!

Cankles are massive - think elephant ankles and you'd have an accurate picture! Nursery is 98% ready, every time I think I'm done I realise there is something else. It is all a bit surreal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dette, Im very sorry to ready of your update. Its just heart breaking when you do so much, see the baby and to have it taken away. Sending you the biggest hugs..

I had planned to go to Greece in September of this year, but my last cycle resulted in a BFP, I lost her at 16 weeks due to placenta ubruption.
    The pain of that loss is overwhelming, but I was blessed to be able to have her and hold her.

Planning for Greece has kept me going, as we have MFI we might not be able to do that well with donor eggs. So they have suggested we need to look at double donor as well. As Vixjc has said persistence will prevail.
    Me and DH have said, we are going to get there one way or the other.

So Ill be at either Embryoland or Serum in Feb. Both clinics have been great to deal with. It will depend on the donors they have available.

Sending you strength and courage...

Yay Vixjc hope the last of your pregnancy goes smoothly and you are holding your llittle one very soon.