Closed Thread
Page 15 of 100 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Vinxj,

i was was trying to give u a rest from my endless questions but alas u r my google!

can u please give me some info on the harmony test. How do I arrange 2 have this? Do I have 2 deal direct with the states or does someone in oz organise it? I want 2 have all the facts b4 I head 2 my ob next week.

Thanks 4 being my google

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ha! Google hey? No pressure at all Your OB can send you for the Harmony blood test, you get it done here and the pathology people send it off to the US and then call you with the results about two weeks later. There are actually two tests - one can be done in cases of DE and one can't, so make sure your OB gives you the right one (I can't remember if its Harmony or the other name thats ok for DE - i just know i got the wrong referral by accident the first time) but if you ask for the harmony test that works for donor eggs he'll know the one you mean - its pricey, around $700 I think, but worth it for the peace of mind I reckon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Vixjc, wow 6 weeks to go how exciting, huge congrats! I can't wait for the first trimester to be over at least... seems like its forever away, I need to learn the art of patience You're right about the stakes being high, adds to the stress levels for sure... and Greece isn't exactly a quick day trip away. I really look forward to hearing about how everything goes for you.

Thanks Dette for the welcome email! Too funny, I also bought a small truckload of utrogestan back with me (which I thought was enough) and wondered if I'd end up on Border Security for trying to smuggle illegal amounts of contraband back to Oz I'm going to try the local pessaries and see how it goes, otherwise I might try utro online. I read that your trip was a success... big congrats!! Did you go to Embryoland?

Hi Joe and Anna, congrats on the news of your twins! We saw Dr Kanakas and he was amazing, even since i've been back he's always available via text or phone... I don't know if he actually sleeps! He's always so positive and I was quite surprised at how seamless the process was. I think its good to make a bit of a holiday of it, otherwise the stress can be consuming.

I look forward to hearing about everyone's progress

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

I'm new to this thread. Have done research over the past months into o/s egg donor/IVF clinics (looked at Thailand, South Africa and Greece) and have settled on Greece. All the comments on these threads seem really positive about Embryoland and Serum (can anyone recommend any others?)

I am having my first Skype meeting with Dr. Kanakas of Embryoland tomorrow. But can anyone recommend Serum above Embryoland?

I have been through 3 cycles with my own eggs with Monash IVF in Melbourne. I'm 44 and my partner 37. Only one cycle resulted in pregnancy (Trisomy 13 / terminated at 14 weeks). This now feels very right to go in this direction of travelling o/s. and I am slowly coming around to the idea that in Greece it is an anonymous process.

I'll keep in touch on this thread.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Rachel - welcome! I'm not aware of anyone who has been to Serum and Embryoland and so can compare both ... I went to Serum, they were just awesome, i cannot speak of them highly enough. I didn't have any real issues with Monash but Serum is such a personal service with such compassion and positive attitude, its really quite lovely. Serum have been really accommodating in terms of scheduling to make it as easy as possible for us travelling over there for round one (successful - due at xmas) as well as doing a second round with our donor so we can try for a genetic sibling when I'm ready next year. But I have only heard good things about Dr Kanakas at Embryoland, so if I wasn't happy with Serum I would definitely have tried there. I have been to Genesis in Athens and hated it with a passion - inconsiderate, rude, expensive, rough medical handling ... So I don't recommend them! You might like to look at the UK website fertility friends, in the UK they use a lot of European clinics cos its cheaper and they can access them so easily from the UK. There is a tonne of info about Serum on there but I imagine there would be heaps about Embryoland too ...

Good luck!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

Rachel70  (22-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the very quick reply Vixjc,

I have now made contact with Serum as well so I can fire off all my questions towards both of them. and you were right there's a lot of info on the UK website. Thanks for that.

Off I go.

: )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Rachel
    I haven't been to Serum but went to Embryoland with Dr Kanaks who was fantastic. We had his mobile number from day one for direct contact. I have just delivered twin boys. There is hotel accommodation right next door which makes it very easy and Embryoland will help facilitate this. He works with your cycle and when you want to be in Greece. One of the most amazing moments was seeing the embryo's being implanted and watching them move together and implant in my lining. I do highly recommend you purchase all the medications you will need in Greece before coming home as they are much cheaper there. Dr Kanakas has my contact email and I am happy for him to provide this to people to ask questions etc about my experience with Embryoland or obviously post here and I can respond as well.Dr Kankas made the experience easy and stress free. I wish I had done it sooner. I take my bubs home from hospital tomorrow so I don't know how much time I will have but I will try to check back regularly. In my earlier posts I have a lot more information about my time with Embryoland.
    Good luck. I hope you are successful with who ever you choose.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to panda1454 For This Useful Post:

Rachel70  (22-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations to you and thank you so much for taking the time to reply especially seeing you've just had your babies.

I skyped with Dr Kanaks on Sunday (he is quite the character) and you've also answered some questions about guided implantation, and also about the likelihood of twins with more than one embryo implanted. I wonder how many visits did you make?

and I can also relate with you about wishing to have done it sooner, I feel like I should have done it instead of going through IVF here, anyway, hindsight is a previous thing.

Thank you for offering to make contact to ask some more questions, how do I identify you to Dr Kanaks to get your email?

All the best with taking your babies home and when you're ready I'd love to hear more about your experience.

In the meantime, enjoy being a new mum!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Rachel70 and welcome! I've recently returned from a successful visit with Dr Nikos Kanakas at Embryoland.. and as Panda1454 mentioned, he has been great to deal with during the whole process. He'll advise you on what medication you need to take and when, in the lead up to your visit.

When I arrived we had a consultation and he did a quick scan to check the lining - if its not thick enough he may get you to increase the meds for a couple of days, luckily mine was fine so I was booked in three days later for the transfer. Since I've returned, he has always been available on the mobile or via email to speak to directly, almost unheard of for a doctor!

Perhaps I was very lucky but it really was relatively a seamless process. I'm also mid-40's and my partner is older, we did a bit of research on other options and I honestly can't recommend Dr Kanakas highly enough. I only had 2 weeks avail off work so I didn't want to muck about I've heard good things about Serum as well, so I'd say you're pretty safe with either choice. Buy as much medication as you can when you're over there as its much cheaper and easier to get.

Best of luck with everything!

Panda, what fantastic news on your twins, big congratulations!
    Last edited by Pussykins; 19-11-2014 at 22:57.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Pussykins For This Useful Post:

Rachel70  (22-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks to you Pussykins for your post.

I am now going through the next stage of thinking this is all too good to be true. I will be skypeing with Dr Nikos again tomorrow and then we will book flights. We will arrive in Greece mid January 2015.

I will take on all your advice about medications etc. Did you have multiple embryos implanted? I am nervous about this but I definitely can see the benefits.

Thanks again and congratulations on your success!