Closed Thread
Page 14 of 100 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh yeah - and about the spots, stressful though that is, try not to worry. I had actual bright red bleeding till 9.5 weeks. I think the pessaries can irritate the cervix a bit - that's my theory anyway. You're gonna be just fine 😊😊😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Vinjx,

ive just had my scan with penny. It's official, we have a heart beat!!!!! Yay, I have one beautiful baby on board. The relief is incredible.

Thank you so much for all your encouragement, words of wisdom & strength, that I couldn't have done without.

I hope you are getting over your cold? & that naughty contaminating husband is fussing over you.

I can believe you are only 6 weeks away from meeting Ralph in person!!!!!
    Im sure you are well & truly ready to finish up at work and have some home (nesting) time.

what pram did you get, since I will now be in the market of getting one myself, yay?

also you mentioned you are having a c-section, is everything ok, is that just a safety precaution?

thank you again & much love to you, hubby & little Ralph

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay yay yay!!!! Once you have a nice strong heartbeat your odds are so much better 😊.

I can't wait to hear about how your pregnancy develops 😊😊😊

I got a citi mini GT - it's three wheel, narrow and has tyres that can't puncture. It's not as pretty as some of the others but its very functional.

C section is just a risk reduction thing - have you seen the stats for stillborn after 40?!?! I don't need to be worrying about that - c section for me. It also suits my sense of order and need to control risk as much as possible.

I had an OB appt today - Ralph is basically sitting upright at the moment - the movements I can feel down low is his/her little butt wiggling round, but I tell you this little one is an athlete - all the kicking and punching on the other side makes it feel like Ralph's trying to break free!

So very happy for you both! Enjoy the rest of your trip!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and have just been reading some of your posts. We visited the delightful Dr Nikos at Embryoland and I'm currently 8 wks preg... touch wood everything goes well I've been taking 3x Progynova tabs and 3x Utrogestan 200mg pessaries daily, the problem I have is that I've just run out of the Utrogestan which isn't avail in Aust. Dr Nik suggested Crinone 8% gel but my OB has prescribed what looks like generic progesterone 200mg pessaries (pack of 15).

Just wondering if anyone has been on Utrogestan, and if they had any preference for progesterone pesseries or Crinone? They both seem ridiculously exy, esp Crinone.

Sorry for the long-winded post!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pussykins View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and have just been reading some of your posts. We visited the delightful Dr Nikos at Embryoland and I'm currently 8 wks preg... touch wood everything goes well I've been taking 3x Progynova tabs and 3x Utrogestan 200mg pessaries daily, the problem I have is that I've just run out of the Utrogestan which isn't avail in Aust. Dr Nik suggested Crinone 8% gel but my OB has prescribed what looks like generic progesterone 200mg pessaries (pack of 15).

Just wondering if anyone has been on Utrogestan, and if they had any preference for progesterone pesseries or Crinone? They both seem ridiculously exy, esp Crinone.

Sorry for the long-winded post!
    Congrats pussykins! Such good news I have used utragestanm crinone, and the oripro pessaries which your OB has prob just prescribed. They all do the same thing and any progesterone product here is bloody expensive. I was on 8 tabs a day, cost a bloody fortune! I had really stocked up on utragestan though so I didn't run it till a bit later and if I'd had more time I would have bought the utragestan over the internet to last me throught to 12 weeks. The oripro is a much grosser product than utra, crinone is gross too, but in a different way. The cheapest way to get any of the progesterones is through My Chemist Warehouse - oripro is around $50-$60 instead of $100-$120 per pack of 15. Keep your eye on it though because sometimes they forget to apply the discount and then you end up paying the full price of $100+.

Anyhoo - oripro is a wetter/drippier product than utra, for me it irritated my cervix but that's prob because I was on such a high dose. So it makes a mess once its melted - after all, what goes up must come down. Crinone doesn't exit as quickly or easily as oripro or utra - you'll probably end up giving yourself a bit of a clean out in the shower and on occasion will find a cottage cheese substance in your knickers (heavens this stuff is dignified hey!!). Personally I HATE oripro with a passion. I plan to ask for the injections next time (for bubs no 2 - fingers crossed), or stock up on a suitcase full of utra before I leave Greece. Why don't you try them both over the coming weeks then just stick with the one you prefer - so long as you're getting progesterone in the right spot, it doesn't matter which product you use

Congrats again!

Ps @Dette and you too pussykins (although not sure if you're a spring chicken or old bird like me ) - you might be interested in the over 40 pregnant - ivf/de thread, it's a great bunch of girls all at different stages of the their ivf/de journey ...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

Pussykins  (09-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Vixjc,

Thanks so much!! I'll def check out Chemist Warehouse, do you happen to know if the pessaries are claimable through Medicare or private health insurance? Such a bugger we can't get Utrogestan here as its so much cheaper. I haven't investigated it online, but if I really can't stand the other options I might give it a go. They all sound hideous but I know its all for the greater good. My anxiety levels have been really high, not sure if its due to the drugs or this whole process, not sure if you've had the same effect?

I'll also check out the over 40's thread, thanks for the suggestion.. glad I'm not the only old bird on here

Huge congrats to you too, are you due next month?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a feeling that with Medicare it might depend on dose, (mine exceeded it so i couldn't claim it) and it is claimable with health insurance up to your claim limit (which of course I had already passed!). It used to be a tax deduction (thankfully for me) but it won't be for this financial year because they've changed what you can claim for health stuff now.

Just thinking about progesterone gives me the creeps! Ugh!!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

Pussykins  (13-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh yeah- forgot to mention, my anxiety was sky high, particularly given the previous ectopic, the post Greece miscarriage (our first try with donor eggs) and then on this cycle, all the bleeding. It's just such high stakes, emotionally and financially and physically it just feels $hit ... So a little tension is to be expected I guess!

I am due next month - hard to believe really. I am starting to get big and uncomfortable so I am looking forward to getting my body (and fitness) back! Only 6 weeks to go 😊 can't wait to finish work...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi every one we are newbies as well, and we have recently come back from Athens Greece with twins, 10 weeks old now. And a very special Thankyou to DR NIKOS KANAKAS and his TEAM at EMBRYOLAND. they really treat you like people and not just another number. http://www.embryoland.gr/en/pages/iv...ion-abroad.asp
    We have tried IVF many times in Sydney over the last 5 years unsuccessfully. So we decided to do some homework on the net, and after talking to various clinics we were happiest with Embryoland and Dr Kanakas. So we booked every thing and off we went. First in February which was unsuccessful only a short stay, then again in August, late September successful, in between we enjoyed a nice long holiday. We also stayed in Italy with relatives which made it affordable.
    Hubby - over 40
    Me - over 40
    Twins - 10 weeks

We are so Happy here are some details below.
    We think its best contact the clinic directly ( from our point of view and experience.)

Embryoland
    41 KIFISSIAS AVENUE & 2 ARGOLIDOS STREET
    11526 ATHENS GREECE.
    tel - 0030-210-6911200 & 0030-210-6926166
    www.embryoland.gr

Hotel - ( around the corner)
    President hotel

joe and anna

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome pussykins & a big congratulations!!!

Talk about timing. I read your blog whilst sitting at the Athens airport waiting to board our flight home.... If it had been 1 day earlier pussykins I would have ran off to the chemist in Athens for you & got you some utrogesan. I stocked up for the next month before leaving athens; I looked like a walking chemist or drug dealer, depending how you looked at it. Hope you found the meds you need pussykins?

Congratulations Joe & Anna; twins, now that would scare me! However I'm sure you will take it in your stride. When you have worked so hard to achieve something (in our cases, parenthood) it is a blessing that will never be taken for granted.

Vinjx, thanks for the tip about the over 40's. When I couldn't sleep the other night, I sat & read it for several hours. Everyone seems so beautiful & truly amazing. Not long now till you finish up at work, yay! You sooooo deserve some time out. I truly don't know how you have managed as well as you have, first with horrible morning (or in your case, all day) sickness, the bleeding scares & now on top of that your cankles. You definitely win a gold star girlfriend
    I would have curled up on the couch, under a blanket & refused to come out till the 9 months was up.

What is the actual date you are booked in for a c-section? & how many weeks will that be?

Im im back to work on Saturday after having 7 weeks off, so not looking forward to the 3am wake ups!

Xx

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dette For This Useful Post:

Pussykins  (13-11-2014)