Closed Thread
Page 11 of 100 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Francesthecat, yay what fabulous news, congratulations!!!!!! I can certainly understand your hesitant happiness & wanting a back up plan.

As much as I would have LOVED to see you in Greece, I hope for your sake I don't, that instead you are having a happy, wonderful pregnancy.
    Fingers & toes crossed for your scan on the 24th. Let us all know how you go
    Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Frances that's awesome! Such good news. Unethical!?!? What bollocks! But fingers crossed you're not going to need Greece anyway. So very happy for you!

Dette i hope all your plans are going well?

AFM - I still feel like I want to hurl most of the time - even though I'm now over 15 weeks ... it's gotta stop soon though right Getting a little belly too - although it just looks like I've been in a good paddock over winter rather than a baby belly ... few more weeks and It'll look a little more pregnancy related I think

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

I'm a newbie to this,here in New Zealand (from UK originally). I felt isolated until i found bubhub. Thanks to you all for sharing your experinces. You have inspired me/us.

I had poor service from a FS last year, no test/investigation in to our infertility. TTC for 3 years (i'm 43 now). I was just prescribed clom. cycle. So wasted a year TTC. I went to another clinic this year and found my AMH too low and need ED. My husband pleased his sperm is excellent lol. So as with Oz, NZ ED not really an option, laws not to mention the $35,000 price tag, no funding.

I've been googling options, initially South America, Thailand and Europe. Weighing up pros and cons. Your life stories have helped me in making the decision. Greece it is. I had a little hicup this week, went for a HSG test, they couldn't get the catheter passed the cervix! So need to sort this for de ivf. The advice I got from an agent in spain was to start the contraceptive pill to regulate cycle but sounds like there other options. I need to get onto it.

I completley empathize with peoples expereince of others good news. I work as a psychotherapist and use to work in maternal mental health. When people ask if you have kids and judge when you say no 'well you wouldn't understand then' what a stab to the heart. If only people knew how lucky they were.

I plan to start this journey ASAP. Thanks again to all of you, what an amazing bunch of courageous women. thanks again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Miss Macy - here's hoping your little miracle is just around the corner, even if it is across the ocean a bit!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Everyone,

i booked my my flights to Athens today. We leave in 9 wks & 2 days, yay!!!!! So excited & wanted to share.

So how is everyone doing?

welcome Macy, I look forward to hearing more about your journey & your intentions as you decide what's best for you & when. Should you have any questions, please ask, myself & the beautiful ladies on this site are happy to share.

Vixjc, how are you feeling? Have you got scan pictures on the fridge yet?

Frances, have you had your 1st scan yet? Is everything ok?

kathcraig, how are you & hubby doing? I'm hoping you have a great support group. Please feel free to say as much or as little as you want.

My thoughts are with you all

xx

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dette For This Useful Post:

francesthecat  (24-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Dette,

Wow that's so exciting! Glad things are coming together for you.

I had my scan, and all is as it should be for now. So next one is at 10 weeks. Feels like ages to wait. Just taking it one day at a time. Yep still aloe running a slide line for DE too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Dette View Post
    Hey Everyone,

i booked my my flights to Athens today. We leave in 9 wks & 2 days, yay!!!!! So excited & wanted to share.

So how is everyone doing?

welcome Macy, I look forward to hearing more about your journey & your intentions as you decide what's best for you & when. Should you have any questions, please ask, myself & the beautiful ladies on this site are happy to share.

Vixjc, how are you feeling? Have you got scan pictures on the fridge yet?

Frances, have you had your 1st scan yet? Is everything ok?

kathcraig, how are you & hubby doing? I'm hoping you have a great support group. Please feel free to say as much or as little as you want.

My thoughts are with you all

xx
    Wow! Time is going to fly! You're going to be there with Penny before you know it AFM my morning sickness is still lurking - but all for a good cause hey Last scan, little cheezel was doing somersaults, so cute! Can't feel anything yet though ...

Can't wait to hear how your trip goes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Vixjc,

yay 4 cheezel going strong! Shame about the still feeling sick though.

How many weeks r u now? I thought most people stopped feeling sick around the 16 wk mark, or r u one of the lucky ones who has to endure all day, every day sickness? Dohl.

I think I've asked u this b4 but ......

i heard from Penny last night & she recommended shutting down my period 2 ensure the timing is perfect 4 when we arrive. Then she asked if I needed her 2 send scripts 4 drugs & whether I could use those scripts here in oz?

Did u use scripts from them or did u just go 2 yr own ob & get them?

How far in advance did u shut down yr period, 1 or 2 mths?

I'm stressing a little as the clinic shuts down 4 all of August, so I need 2 b totally organised b4. I still have most of September but if it's 2 mths I need 2 shut my period down, I need 2 get onto it. ( My god I swear I must secretly love 2 stress, I find plenty of reasons, hehe. ).

I feel like my whole heart is on my sleeve when it comes 2 so wanting a baby.

Thanks 4 any advice u can give.

Enjoy yr wknd

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think you're being very organised rather than being a stress head! And with them being shut for Aug I don't blame you for getting it all sorted ASAP.

I think I had my first injection to shut done my cycle in Feb, I had a second injection in march, and was there in April - if I were you I'd shut down for two months because in the second month the body is more settled than the first month when its still kinda going 'what the'! I used scripts from an fs here - I wanted to have a sounding board here where I could ask questions, also they had to do the injection ( although a nurse or gp could have done it i suppose), also I was afraid there'd be a problem with the chemist filling a foreign script and didn't want any last minute panic.

I'm so excited for you!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone,

Firstly, thank you Vinxj!

Sorry for stalking you on your babymoon, but thank you for endlessly answering all my questions & being the calm voice I hear. With the clinic being shut for all August, I was worried but lucky for me I have beautiful people on my side (you lovely ladies with Vinxj leading the charge & even Penny at Serum who is on holidays emailed me back - bless you!!!!). Honestly I can't thank you enough.
    Also loving the babymoon Vinxj. Does this mean the "Ralph'ing" has calmed down?

Well, I have my shutdown injection on the 26th August. $500 later & ouch. Hoping that won't make me feel too crap? Then the drugs begin after I get my period early Sept. To be honest, I don't really understand it all, but Penny said that by doing the injection it gives us to early Oct. Does anyone understand the purpose of this injection? Alas I'm sure Serum knows what they are doing.

Francesthecat, congrats on the scan! I'm so happy for you. Keep us posted on your progress. Are you having much morning sickness? What date is your next scan? With each day that passes, you can breath a little easier.

Welcome Macy. I totally understand your story & your wise words of how it feels. I'm 45 now & realise Greece is probably my last chance. Times a ticking.
    Please feel free to chat openly here; the woman on this site are kind & wise, & we all can honestly say "we understand"; the ups, downs, fears, guilt, courage & hopefully joy, this journey takes. I pray that you too get the opportunity to head to Greece. Please let us know how your journey progresses.

Xx