+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoopuf View Post
    Agreed. I'm only too sexy for my shirt
    So sexy it hurts?

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

Allymumtobe  (29-04-2013),babycart  (28-04-2013),mousky  (04-05-2013),Nmgb  (03-05-2013)

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Well I'm too sexy for Milan. But that's only a city.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

Allymumtobe  (29-04-2013),Atropos  (29-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i have one that ive said. Dh, mil and i were driving in the car and they were asking me what id like for my bday and i said i wanted stephen kings 'the langoliers' and then proceeded to tell them all about what happens in the book. anyway Mil says to me 'are you sure you want to tell us what happens, it might spoil the ending'

then I responded with 'not for me, ive already read it' i was quite serious too and didnt realise what i said. Both dh and mil laughed so hard and here i was going 'wtf did i say' lol they had to explain what i said. That was about 3 years ago and dh still gives me greif about it.

i tend to come out with things like that cos i dont think before saying. Lol. there are heaps more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gnomesy View Post
    When DD was about 8wks old I went to a friends place for the first time since she was born and said friend asked "have her eyes opened yet?" and I was like what do you mean? And she said aren't babies like cats and they're born with their eyes closed? Lmfao then you'd never guess it about half hour later friend's twin brother asks the same question!!!
    Bahahah that's gold !

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    A girl at work asked me how long a drive something was. I said about 2km. She then asked how far it would be if she walked...!
    To be fair, it could be a shorter to walk somewhere since you can usually use a straighter way.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ExcuseMyFrench For This Useful Post:

Lauzy83  (30-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    Well I'm too sexy for Milan. But that's only a city.
    What about New York and Japan?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PinkSmarties For This Useful Post:

lambjam  (28-04-2013),Nmgb  (03-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mingpage View Post
    my DS was 3 days old and I had just finished breastfeeding him, he was a bit unsettled so she said 'maybe he's thirsty'. I said 'no I just fed him'. She said 'no but the beast milk is for when he's hungry. He's thirsty so you need to give him a bottle with cooled boiled water and SUGAR!!!!' She then asked for a bottle so she could make one up. Luckily my DH said we didn't have any bottles.

Scariest part of it all... this woman had 7 kids!!!!!
    Maybe DS needed some Oak? That would have solved his hungry thirsty problem...

Actually my mum told me the other day that when I was a couple of months old she had to feed me on cooled boiled water with sugar, as it was the only thing I would drink. It must have been a thing back in the day

I've thought of some more.

MIL got quite panicky and flustered when she realised she had to stop her car on a hill because she couldn't do Hill starts, however she was in an auto...

It was only quite recently that I learnt that all sausages were not pork

A friend of mine told me that when he was young he thought you started a car by adjusting the mirror, because every time his mum started their car she would check the mirrors at the same time.

A friend of mine booked flights to New York and told me that they arrived at 5:30. I asked her pm or am and she looked at the booking and said "it doesn't say" so I looked over her shoulder and read 17:30... This is a really switched on woman, who obviously knew that 17:30 was 5:30, but must have had a brain fart at the time and couldn't remember that it meant pm in 24 hour time.

Sent from my doodad on the whatsimagiggy

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Disbride For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (03-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lili81 View Post
    To be fair, it could be a shorter to walk somewhere since you can usually use a straighter way.
    It was a straight country road...!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My mil says some funny things, when we announced baby number 2 last week she said "now in order for everything to be ok make sure your husband (her son) does not "touch me" till the baby is born ! And if I want a girl to start wearing pink ! LOL

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Jjjaaazzz For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (03-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and not to scratch in a certain spot too long as the baby will get a birth mark in that spot LOL