+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mama and her little bear View Post
    I would never deliberately let a child out but if a child does get out while I am getting my son out unless they are in immediate danger (eg run onto a road) no way in HELL would I put my hands on another persons kid (even to put them back in their gated area)
    I would certainly never man-handle someone elses child, nor would I appreciate someone touching my daughter if not necessary, but I don't think it is too much to ask for a quick scan of the surrounds to see if you can see a parent who seems to be attached to the child at the gate and asking that child to step back from the gate and taking reasonable steps to make sure that the only child that you are letting out is the one that is in your care.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mama and her little bear View Post
    Its a public area, you should never assume your child is safe in a public area
    Agree with this. I would never intentionally let another child out, but sometimes they are too quick.

Plus ive been at places where older children have been able to open these gates and little kids are in and out of the gates all the time. How can you possibly stop older kids doing that? I work on the assumption that if my kid can get out then he will. I wouldnt blame anyone for letting him out either or expect them to keep him in. If i was going off to toilet / get food then i get him out and take him with me or if i am with someone else i get them to watch him.
    Last edited by baby4us; 26-04-2013 at 01:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    As I said previously I would never ever intentionally let someone's child out . I do try to only let out the child I'm with . However it's not my responsibility to ensure your child doesn't get out. You need to ensure that . Just like I need to ensure my own child doesn't get out . As I also said they are not a baby sitting service . Gate does not ensure safety .

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Wow! I go to loads of enclosed playgrounds, but have never seen anybody take their dogs in there?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was at a gated play centre today and there was another mum there who kept putting a chair on the gate to keep it open....Guess she never read this thread !

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by baby4us View Post
    I was at a gated play centre today and there was another mum there who kept putting a chair on the gate to keep it open....Guess she never read this thread !
    Perhaps she did, seems to be a lot of people who consider the gate irrelevant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Collecting Miss4 from preschool on Friday, another child scooted through the gate (to the carpark) as I let Miss4 out. I grabbed the other childs hand and held her until her mother caught up. Her mother was about 4m behind, pushing a pram with a younger bub in it.

The child that had escaped the gate wasn't about to go back in without a fuss, and I wasn't willing to let her any further on her own, so felt my only option was to hold her and wait.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by happygirl1982 View Post
    I don't think it's anyone else's responsibility but your own to ensure your child doesn't get out . If I'm not watching and my child gets let out by you and something happens that is no ones fault but my own. They aren't baby sitting service . It's a play ground .

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app
    Agree with this
    So if your kid snuck out and got run over by a car it's now my fault? Not the mothers because I shouldn't have assumed she was watching her own child? That's crap..
    I would try not to let a kid out but if they bolted past when I was lettin my son out then I would hope the mother saw. I would look around to see someone saw the child leave but that's it. I cant physically go and put them back in.

Also if that was my son that snuck out I would be on his tail and telling him off for not yelling out to me to get out. Which I would tell him before he went in. Just me but I will concentrate on keeping my own child safe

You can be watching an older child if your bf another child too.. I don't see why your eyes can't be on the playground still..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I personally do my best to not let littlies out, using the method RR described BUT my prob is my older kids (7and 9) they can come in and out on their own, and although I tell them not to let little kids out, I suspect they are not as vigilant as me, given they are off with the fairies half the time and just dont notice a small fry slipping past them....I would like to think that the owners of kiddies who are of an age to "escape" would be watching the gate, even if from afar (ie the coffee line ) .

When my LO's were of escaping age, I would keep a pretty close eye, as I felt them being safe was my responsibility (and I couldn't trust that they might slip through an open gate)