+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Surely I am not the only person who saw the first few lines about this being at a maccas play area and went straight to "horse carrot"...

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kezanazz For This Useful Post:

waitinghoping  (25-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    What are you supposed to do when a child does run out?

I'm sure theres been kids run out that have been hovering by the door when I've got DS out, what am I seriously supposed to do if they want to come out?

I wouldn't be at all annoyed if DS quickly snuck out when the gate was opened for another child, I'm keeping an eye on him so will see him come out.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bennos Mummy For This Useful Post:

PurpleButterfly4  (25-04-2013)

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I would never let other children out either.

In fact once last year a sweet little thing (probably all of 3 or younger) asked me to let her out of the playground at our local Bunnings. I asked her where her Mum or Dad was or if she could see them and she confidently told me "she's at Bunnings " so I didn't/wouldn't open the gate and then five minutes later an exasperated woman turned up saying to her daughter who was still standing at the gate, "...I told you to ask someone to let you out when you'd had enough, I've been waiting for you"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-biscotti For This Useful Post:

SpecialPatrolGroup  (25-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennos Mummy View Post
    What are you supposed to do when a child does run out?

I'm sure theres been kids run out that have been hovering by the door when I've got DS out, what am I seriously supposed to do if they want to come out?

I wouldn't be at all annoyed if DS quickly snuck out when the gate was opened for another child, I'm keeping an eye on him so will see him come out.
    Exactly! Imagine the outcry and accusations that would go on if you were to physically stop a child from escaping.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Seriously, what if the child's parents AREN'T watching, you let them out and they run into the carpark and get hit by a car? Our local maccas the gate basically opens onto a courtyard which is connected to the carpark.

It's the parent's responsibility to watch their kids, yes. But it doesn't mean you can just assume they are and let them out.

If a kid wants to get out I just tell them to wait for their mummy or daddy, or if they're old enough to point to them, they do and I tell their mum they want out. Easy.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

FrothyFrog  (25-04-2013),sjay  (25-04-2013),SpecialPatrolGroup  (25-04-2013)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I always check for their parents and if I can't see anyone I won't let them out. I usually ask 'which is your grown up?' And scan the crowd. Sometimes I'll catch the parents eye and they'll give me a nod like 'yes they can come out', so I'll let them out. If not I'll say 'I think you'd better wait for mummy' and push them back in (not really, lol)
    But ergh, typical BH 'you should be supervising' palaver. Er, they're locked in. I'm not watching my kid like a hawke, I'm drinking my coffee over here.
    I love how everyone here harps on about how it takes a village, then won't even spend a few seconds on someone else's kids safety. Seriously, I'm so glad i live in the real world where people aren't so uptight, selfish and judgemental about things like this.

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

Barnaby  (26-04-2013),rainbow road  (25-04-2013),sjay  (25-04-2013),smallpotatoes  (25-04-2013),tamute  (25-04-2013),VanityFey  (25-04-2013),waitsee  (25-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hate to say it, but if I'm getting my own kids out of the play area I don't really notice other kids or even really care..

I know it sounds bad but I'm not watching or supervising or making sure other kids don't get out..and I expect the same from another parent if it were my kids attempting to escape.

What am I supposed to do when someone else's kid escapes? Physically lift return the Kid to the play area? Potentially facing some parents wrath for touching their kid. Or having the child cry?

Not my problem if the kid escapes, the parent should be supervising at all times. And should notice, or at least have an inkling if their kid is a escape artist or not and act accordingly

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with FL - as usual.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't let kids out .. I say sorry kid your not mine !
    at the same time I don't just think my kid will remain in the area .. Kids open gates .. Parents open gates ..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm with you SPG and Rainbow, I never let little kids out of the kid area at a play centre. I don't assume their parents are neglecting them though maybe they are breastfeeding etc....
    If you what the gate open I just shout out "does anyone mind if I leave the gate open"?