+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default How long will it take??

Let me start this off by saying I am very appreciative of what centrelink do for ppl and I'm not bagging them out.

My partner and I broke up about a month ago and I called centrelink the next day as I will now have to get on a parenting payment. (I am now a single mother) my x was not my child's other parent they are not in the picture.
    Anyway centre link said that's fine sent me out paper work etc I have filled it all in and had my interview last monday all they need to do now is ring my reference.

My question is how long does it usually take to start a payment like this? It's now been a month.. There is only so much I can do on a part time wage.. My credit card is starting to get quite a work out and as of yesterday my savings has gone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think it can be anywhere up to six weeks. They will back date it though from when you first made contact with them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Up to 6 weeks.. Ahh only 2 more weeks to hold out for lol. Thanks... When u say back date is that for the ftb as well?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes they will back pay everything you are entitled to form the date you made your claim.

Yes we are lucky to have services like this available in australia but I know hope frustrating it can be waiting. I waited 10 or 11 weeks to get the baby bonus and was getting nowhere calling on the phone so I went and stood in line for an hour to speak to a person and My claim had not even gone through or been processed!! It was in my account within 2 days because they had made the mistake

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    I'm not sure if it matters that our situations are different, but my FTB was back paid to my son's DOB. He was born in October, and I didn't get around to doing all the paperwork til February. In March I spent two hours waiting on the phone, then they processed my payment and I was back paid until October...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I rang them 2 days ago and they said your local office will call you today.. No such luck... I just know I have a few bills due soon that I have been putting off paying and childcare eek! I'm in limbo atm

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzymonster View Post
    I rang them 2 days ago and they said your local office will call you today.. No such luck... I just know I have a few bills due soon that I have been putting off paying and childcare eek! I'm in limbo atm
    If it takes much longer, ask to speak to a social worker and explain that you are experiencing financial difficulty. They have the power to speed up the process.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Where do I find a social worker?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Call centrelink and state you want to talk to one or make an appointment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzymonster View Post
    I rang them 2 days ago and they said your local office will call you today..
    Public holiday - everything shuts down for the day