+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Help! Cat weeing in DD's bedroom!

Hi I'm posting in the general section so hopefully more people see it.

Three days ago my cat weed on DD's daybed! I gave her the being it of the doubt as she has never done anything like this, I thought she may have gotten locked in there accidentally.

Yesterday during bubs naptime she was trying to get in there, I didn't click, when bub woke up and I opened the door she ran in there and wee'd again! I took the day bed apart and put it in the shed thinking that now she had the association that it was the best thing to do.

This morning I went down to bubs room to do the morning clean and the cat had wee'd everywhere IN THE COT.

I don't know what to do, it's out of character, she is 5 and otherwise a beautiful girl, I don't think she is upset with DD for any reason, she mostly sleeps all day when DD is up.

Can't imagine re homing my cat as I love her dearly but I need an instant solution as I can't have this going on. The soonest I can get her to the vet is Saturday.

Any help would be appreciated, till I sort this bubs door will have to be closed.

My cat has been fixed since she was 6mths old also and she does not seem unwell.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I imagine it is a jealousy thing.

Also sometimes once they pee there they like to keep going in the same spot. At the pet stores they have cleaning and repelling sprays

Sent from my HTC One XL using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not getting the angry vibe from the cat at all.

I'm thinking of along the lines that she can smell nappy uriney smells in there and getting confused?

The repellant sounds like a great idea!

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Is her litter tray clean?
    My cat loves a clean litter tray and won't use it if it's not meticulously clean!
    Most cats are clean and tidy creatures so I am wondering if it is something along those lines? And she's just needing somewhere else to go iykwim?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm thinking UTI or there is a new smell in the room that's attracting the cat to pee in there. My cats go nuts over bleach and i can't use it anymore.

Thanks
    Reviews
    She is an indoor outdoor cat, she has a door and goes outside to do her business, she did have a tray but I got rid of it months ago when bub started crawling, she didn't use it anyway and I was scared bub would get into it. Even if I set up a tray again there is nowhere I can put it that she would have access to that bub wouldn't as well.

I think it's a urine smell, I dress bub in her room after the bath and she has done the odd small wee in there before nappy, I was surprised about the daybed as Tildy likes to sleep on it because it's a sunny spot - it's the only thing that makes sense. Seems weird a favourite spot is suddenly a toilet spot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Usually I'd say it's a pheromone thing but how old is your DD? Obviously not new if she's crawling.

If your dd was new I'd suggest it was the new smell in the house which is making your cat wee in new places. My sister's cat went through the same thing, instead of getting the repellant spray you can get one which is similar to cat pheromones, and stops them feeling the need to re-scent the area.

Sent from my doodad on the whatsimagiggy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What breed of cat? Our Oriental started weeing in strange places but seemed well. A few months later we found out he was in renal failure.

Cat urine is a hard scent to get rid of. I ageee with pp's re pheromone spray, also get your hands on a product called p!ss off, it helps to get the scent out. Spray the mattress and leave to dry outside on a sunny day.

If the cat continues to show interest in the cot, fill it with balloons when bub isn't in there. One pop and they never go back!

Sent from my GT-N8010 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really appreciate the input pp's. I spent some time this afternoon having a google and watching the cat, she has her own door so she can go in and out as she pleases, I noticed today she laid on the inside of the cat door alot, I opened the door and went outside with her a few times, she was really anxious, I think something has frightened her outside and she is scared to go. The wee's that she did inside were massive and yellow ( like they had been held ).

I think I will set up a tray inside somehow, even if I gate the laundry so she can jump over but bub can't get in plus visit vet plus get some pheromones and keep the door to bubs room closed for awhile and see how it goes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by risfaerie View Post
    What breed of cat? Our Oriental started weeing in strange places but seemed well. A few months later we found out he was in renal failure.

Cat urine is a hard scent to get rid of. I ageee with pp's re pheromone spray, also get your hands on a product called p!ss off, it helps to get the scent out. Spray the mattress and leave to dry outside on a sunny day.

If the cat continues to show interest in the cot, fill it with balloons when bub isn't in there. One pop and they never go back!

Sent from my GT-N8010 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    She is a beautiful calico might

I agree about the urine, I took the day bed to the shed, I will get a new mattress when I think the problem is solved, I was lucky with the cot mattress as it had a waterproof protector on it, but I had to wash all the bedding twice in really hot water.

That is such a great and doable idea about the balloons!

As soon as I have her a safe spot set up to toilet and she has calmed down, I'm giving that a crack!!!