+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Steps after clomid? Options before IVF?

Hi all I see my FS on Tuesday to discuss options..
    Last round of clomid was last cycle. Not had success. (Ovulated 1 out of 6 cycles) Not aloud more. So what may I expect as options?
    I have PCOS (30 ish cysts each O) and hyperplasia.
    What might be options before IVF?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the reply! Xx all the best!! FX it Happens naturally before then

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't get any options between Clomid and IVF either. I've just been through a cycle where I was supposed to be doing IVF but I didn't respond to the injectables & only produced 1 follicle. Because of this they swapped me to IUI which worked. Maybe ask about doing an injectable IUI cycle? I'm sure I've seen other ladies here who have done Gonal F plus the trigger injection with IUI.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for that info hun.
    What is the price difference?

Thanks
    Reviews
    They're still working out the partial refund so I'm not sure how much we'll end up paying over all. The nurse gave me a rough estimate of $400 more than a normal IUI. I think they're waiting till I stop needing the pessaries or the viability scan before working it all out.

Is there a different trigger injection they could give you? I've always used Ovidrel but I've heard of another (I can't think of it's name at the moment)?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was offered injectable iui but declined once we discovered DH sperm wasn't great. We moved straight onto ivf with icsi.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,
    Well this is the plan after seeing FS
    sperm being checked just in case but confident it's just me
    Then cd27 BT, if no progesterone or hcg the Primolut as usual to end this cycle, then Puregon 50IU to start from cd3, then 3/4 daily scans, Pregnyl 5000IU trigger when safe, then pregnyl 1500IU 4-8DPO
    BT throughout to check progesterone and LH etc.
    I feel happy bout this, I feel confident it will work and I will O... Avoiding the harvesting part of IVF and the bigger costs.
    This will be about $500 per cycle after rebates

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone? Has anyone had success with gonal f? I started last week so far my uterus has thickened and I have 1 follicle that growing!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default options...

Hi, I'm just getting started again after 12 mths off TTC, I thought I would share what I have tried, so others know what options are there. I started TTC Mar 2010 & did 7 mths clomid & 1 round iui before taking a break, the next step for us if iui continued not to work was ivf. we are about to start it all again. In the past 12mths I have been seeing a chinese herbilst as well as having acupuncture. Before I was not ovulating & my cycles were 29 days to 46 days, the chinese herbs & acupuncture got me to regular 30 day cycles. I have also seen a kinesologist, this I strongly recommend to everyone who is TTC. Both DH & myself have been and now our bodies are in optimum condition & my cycles are now regularly 28 & 29 days, I have learnt so much from this & both of us feel so much better. DH was low on zinc (needed for sperm) the Dr had previously said all was good with him, now its even better. I had a hormonal imbalance as well as other issues that were not picked up by Dr's, all this has now been corrected. And I was so excited to get EWCM for the first time, who knew it could make someone so excited! I now feel positive about TTC, as I feel better with myself and the condition of my & DH's bodies. so it wont take to long.

I recommend you all look up a kinesologist in your area and book an appointment no matter what kind of assistance you are having. I had never heard of it, the lady who tints my eye lashes told me & I am so thankful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I did 5 cycles of FSH injections + IUI (after trying 5 cycles of Clomid), but unfortunately it didn't work for me.

It worked in that we think I ovulated, but my FS was concerned that I wasn't ovulating 'properly' - i.e., my body was trying to, but hormone levels weren't where they should be, and the endometrium was always on the thin side.

After doing that we moved to IVF. I fell pregnant first full IVF cycle, but unfortunately miscarried. Then did another 3 cycles and got pregnant again on what was the 4th, and am expecting in a few weeks.

Hope the injections work for you, OP. It can be a long road, but keeping everything crossed you will get there!