+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have a 4 year gap between my boys, and it's been great. My older son is able to entertain himself while I feed the baby, and is more independent. The small gap would be too much for me, particularly as I had morning sickness all through my second pregnancy.

The downside is that as they get older, the gap means they probably won't have as much in common to play.

I know a couple of people with 4yr gaps, and they seem to enjoy the benefits as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMummy View Post
    The downside is that as they get older, the gap means they probably won't have as much in common to play.
    It might depend on their personalities and what exactly they want to play. DD#1 and DD#2 play a lot together outside doing cartwheels and handstands or on the trampoline etc. Outside playing is usually all 3 girls together or DD#1 and DD#2. (DD#3 likes to play with her basketball and shoot hoops etc on her own a lot)

When it comes to their Bikes or Scooters its DD#1 and DD#3 that will stick together as DD#2 isn't as good on her bike/scooter. But DD#1 doesn't play Barbies etc with them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am sooooo clucky now. Ds is nearly 13m but I know I wouldn't be able to handle two babies.
    We decided to wait until ds starts kindy or close enough to starting before ttc. Atleast then I get my newborn alone during the day like others have said.

I hope that doesn't make then not close. I'm sure they will be fine.
    Would love to be pregnant right now but also love spending all my time with just ds he is my world I can't imagine sharing myself out just yet

Thanks
    Reviews
    There will be 7 years between my son and this baby, we were planning on only having the one as I had a rough time after my son was born with PND and other things, I didn't want to put another child through that. This one was a surprise and we felt that we were in a good position to add to our family, I think the bigger age gap will be good. I am looking forward to spending a lot more time with my kids this time around too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We started ttc when dd was 20 months as we wanted a 2 1/2 yr age gap... Still trying, with a m/c in between, and she's 25 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    There will be just under 22 months between our two. We always knew we wanted them close-ish and had decided on trying when DS was 18 months old. DH then suggested just before Christmas that we could just see what happens... A few days later I was pregnant! I'm feeling very relaxed about it and think it will be a good gap, especially as they get older. My sister is 23 months younger than me and DH's brother is 24 months younger than him so it's 'normal' for us IYKWIM. And we get the baby stage done quickly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Between DS and DD there's 16 months and we will be TTC no. 3 in 2 years so between DD the youngest and 3rd (fingers crossed) there will be 4 years.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We ttc when DS was 2 years. Took us a year to fall preg. So we will have a gap off 3y8m. Yet to see how it all works out but I think will be perfect for us

Thanks
    Reviews
    My mum had my sister and I with only 14 months apart and we have always had a good bond and have found it easy to relate because of our small age gap. My Aunty on the other hand had her 2 boys with a 5 year gap and unfortunately finds that they have very little in common. The older one has always found the younger one to be an "annoying little brother" and the younger one has always tried to grow up faster to be like his brother. I think it depends on the gender of the kids too. I know I enjoyed growing up with someone that was into the same sorts of things at the same time. I think you should do whatever you feel comfortable doing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have 4 years between mine and it was awesome!!! DD was self sufficient and at kindy so I got lots of one on one time with DS and it really helped with breastfeeding and bonding.... DD got a kick out of helping too as the BIG sister, she could make her own sandwiches, turn Tv on, play outside while I was busy with Bub and didn't need 100% supervision. They are as close and boy/girl siblings with 4 years age gap can be.... At home alone they are happy to play together about 50% of the time, the don't really fight as they have different interests and if DD isn't interested in what he is playing she will just go read or something