+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I could not do '2 under 2', I think it's mental and I don't understand why one would choose to do that to themselves (if it was actually a choice). There'll be 4.5 years between my kids and i think that's brilliant. DS will be at prep, SDS will be in yr 3, hubby will be at work, and me and bubs will be doing uni as best we can.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marepoppin For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (25-04-2013),RipperRita  (25-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are TTC now with a 2.5 year old DD. I couldn't handle two babies, I admire those that can but its not for me. I'm hoping to have a 3.5 - 4 year gap. I think it depends on the child/children too. Our DD has always been 'hard work' so I would have lost the plot with her and a newborn!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Gracie's Mum For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (25-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My two are 2.5yrs apart. I found the first 6m extremely hard. Until Ds1 turned around 3yrs old he was a little 'difficult'! Back then I wished I had of waited 6m, but I'm sure as they get older (and hopefully like each other as brothers!) it will be a nicer age gap.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My first two are 23mths apart and I found that was a good age gap.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My two will be 28 months apart : )

Thanks
    Reviews
    ds was 4 when i fell pregnant again. We had only been trying for a few months and it is perfect timing.

He understands so much, is out of nappies even at night. He can make his own breakfast. He folds the washing. He is independent and comfortable with his lot in life.

I will also be on mat leave when he is due to start school so I will be able to be home with him to transition him into that. He is going to be such a big help.

I am not a stay at home mum, I don't know how you SAHMs do it 24/7 I take my hats of to you, so maybe if I was the gap would have been smaller. But having to be at work for financial reasons and also a bit of sanity for me we just waited until we were in a good place again.

I have loved having all that time with ds to myself.
    Last edited by upforroundtwo; 25-04-2013 at 05:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have 3 years 3 months between my 2 and it is great. DD is old enough to do a lot for herself and is quite happy to amuse herself with her dolls and toys if I am tied up with DS

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our two boys are 5.5 yrs apart. Took three years too tcc. The gap is quite good. Ds1 is at school full time so I get just bubs in the day! Although it's hard to get back to sleepless nights and nappies when u haven't had them for 3 years....

Thanks
    Reviews
    The plan was to have #1 and #2 quite close together so we started trying when DD#1 was 11mths old. Thank goodness it didn't happen quite that way though! DD#1 was 4.5yrs old when her twin sisters were born.

Looking back on it now the 4.5yrs was a good gap. They are all older now and the gap makes no difference to how they get along etc. DD#1 and DD#2 are quite close and more alike in personalities while DD#3 is more like a mini teenager already and likes the same sorts of movies and music that DD#1 likes. Then DD#2 and DD#3 are close too obviously.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gracie's Mum View Post
    We are TTC now with a 2.5 year old DD. I couldn't handle two babies, I admire those that can but its not for me. I'm hoping to have a 3.5 - 4 year gap. I think it depends on the child/children too. Our DD has always been 'hard work' so I would have lost the plot with her and a newborn!!
    We have a 3.3yr difference - DS was 4 yesterday & DD is nearly 10 months. It is awesome! DS helps heaps, gets nappies, watches her while I duck into another room etc. adores her. Although now she is crawling & into his toys he isn't happy lol
    I wouldn't do it anyother way. I work full time so it was good to go back to work for a few years between babies too.