+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Am I being unreasonable

So for the last 3 days I have had a ***** of a headache that no painkiller could shift so yesterday I went to the Dr and DH and the kids came as well because DH wanted to be there, anyway we found out that I am a long time sufferer of a compressed nerve in the back of my head which is why I always get headaches, muscle pains and have had Bells Palsy. The Dr said the only thing I can do when it flares up is rest (not sure how with 3 kids 1 of them being 8 months) so after the Drs DH went and got my script filled and when we got home he started to help me but go sidetracked and fiddled on his computer so I ended up bathing the kids, feeding the animals, cooking dinner, cleaning up the kitchen as I went along and making the kids school lunches. I will admit after dinner he did wash up the plates however after that he sat down with his iPad and seemed to block everything else out so I was left running around after the baby while trying help DD with her homework and DS1 with his Lego building and now DD has woken up so I have told her to hop in bed with me but she won't go to sleep so I am now up with a blinding headache feel like I have been hit by a truck my muscles are that sore and my face is starting to lose feeling. They were all with me yesterday when I was told rest is the only thing that will help am I being a ***** for being upset they haven't let me get any?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh no! That is not good news, sorry! I definitely do not think that you are being unreasonable. Personally, I have a firm belief that house duties and parental responsibilities should be shared. It's not good enough that hubby only washed some plates. Did you let him know that you want help? And a reminder of what the DR said is not out of place in my opinion. I regularly say things to my partner like while you cook us dinner I will bathe DS get him ready for bed and do a quick tidy up, or do you want to swap. I admit I make his option sound easier Maybe today say to hubby that your head hurts, you need help. Simple. Good luck hope you feel better soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I said as soon as we got home that I won't be able to do everything so I would need help. He has made up for it all this morning though, we were texting each other and I pointed out in a text I felt he was a little selfish last night and that I was in a lot of pain this morning so he took a hour out of work came home and put a load of laundry on, did some dishes and took the older 2 children to school for me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Glad he pulled his socks up. I find my DP needs firm guidance on what to do. If I don't tell him, nothing gets done & he busies himself with surfing the web (apart from washing - he always puts on loads of washing). I will come out from putting DD to bed & find him on the couch. The loungeroom will be littered with toys, kitchen filthy from dinner. I'm not sure why men are like this?! Anyhoo, hopefully your DH got the message & pitches in more from now on.