+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    The argument of if you truely feel guilty then only smoke in your own home valid in a sense but also does not mean you wont ever be judged I only smoked at my own home i have ever and will never anoke IN my home but on my patio yes and still got judged so either way you don't win. I don't even when I wasn't pregnant smoke in public more so because I never had the time when we were we were out do to things and it ne'er crossed my mind and I never felt like needed one I'm pretty sure mine was a little about stress and more so boredom and by keeping myself busy I wasn't bored IYKWIM

Sent from a magical mobile bubhub device in a galaxy far far away

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I usually avoid these threads because I still feel guilty as f#ck that I couldn't completely quit with dd. Every time I put a cigarette to my lips, I felt horrible. I knew that it was not okay in the slightest; that there was never a reasonable excuse for it but cutting down was the best that I could do at the time.

I most certainly didn't smoke in public and I was very selective who I smoked around because I didn't need to listen to people judging; no one was judging me as hard as I was. It was playing russian roulette with my beautiful unborn baby and I am so lucky that she is healthy

I know next time will be different and that is because I won't put myself through the guilt again. I know how horrible it made me feel.
    Last edited by atomicmama; 24-04-2013 at 09:49.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

Ashram  (24-04-2013),beebs  (24-04-2013),Lauzy83  (24-04-2013),MonsterMoosMum  (24-04-2013),Rutabaga  (24-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I judge in my head, it is hard watching pregnant women smoke but that is from someone who has never smoked and does not have an addictive personality. I knew a girl once that smoked because she wanted a small baby so it didn't hurt to give birth - I judged that one out loud!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yep I judge. It's so wrong and everyone knows it, including the women who do it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaOJ View Post
    I judge in my head, it is hard watching pregnant women smoke but that is from someone who has never smoked and does not have an addictive personality. I knew a girl once that smoked because she wanted a small baby so it didn't hurt to give birth - I judged that one out loud!
    That's ridiculous!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennos Mummy View Post
    I also judge people who are smoking while pushing prams with a baby inside or smoking with a child running around copping their second hand smoke.
    I see this a lot where I live and always give them a look of disgust, I don't care how rude it appears. It is selfish!
    ETA I used to be a manager at McDonalds and hated seeing the amount of customers smoking with kids in their car.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsOhara For This Useful Post:

MonkeySeeMonkeyDo  (24-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by our3boys View Post
    Thank you, you have given me a different outlook on it.
    Me too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sadly to say this but yep I definately judge anyone smoking while pregnant, or pushing prams or anywhere near children. Obviously I don't say anything to them but there's no way I'd go anywhere near them with my ds. When I was pregnant I wouldn't even stand within 20 meters of someone smoking. Sorry smokers- but it's so selfish to ur unborn child, ur children & everyone around you. I understand the addiction but I know so many ppl who refuse to even try to quit smoking, they enjoy it. That's fine- but "enjoy" it far away from everyone else. My biggest pet hate is parents that smoke at the playground watching their child. Standing in the playground near many children. So very selfish. I remove my ds and myself from these situations. It's not fair that these ppl endanger our health for their addiction. Move it away from everyone else!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Firsttimemum24 For This Useful Post:

MonkeySeeMonkeyDo  (24-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    A friend of mine starts smoking again on and off when she's going through hard periods either with mental health issues or grief.

I don't really see pregnant women smoking often... actually maybe once or twice in my entire life, but I don't see the point in judging them negatively. For all I know they may be like my friend who uses it as a coping mechanism when there is something terrible happening in her life. Of course the thought makes me cringe but judging negatively doesn't bring anything positive to your or the baby's life.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (24-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Absolutely!!!!!! In my head of course. I would never say anything, unless its my place to say (I work as a midwife) - which is usually in antenatal appointments and give out education and praise for cutting down the number. Lets face it, you're not telling them anything that they don't already know.

But I'm sick of having women disappear downstairs every hour, leave their babies on the ward, accidentally give birth at the cafe because they just HAD to go for one more smoke, have sick and tiny babies that was caused by the smoking. Quite frankly I'm over people putting cigarettes before their babies. (Btw I'm not talking about the 3 a day/I tried to hard to quit because I know it's bad smokers, I'm talking about the 20 a day/ I don't care ones)

Possibly the only upside is that I've never seen someone get out of bed so fast after their Caesarean section!!!!