+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I woudln't say anythign to them but yes I would judge them.

I am quite anti-smoking altogether though. I resent walking past a smoker and having my fresh air poisoned by them. I especially feel this way when pregnant. I don't understand smoking as a non pregnant person let alone a pregnant one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Absolutely.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The thing I don't understand is why pregnant women continue to smoke in public and allow the opportunity for judging (be it right or wrong).

If they claim to feel so bad and guilty, aware of the damage to their baby etc etc then why not at least keep it to the privacy of your own home?? Hide away and be ashamed if you truly are!

Of course some women have no issue with continuing to smoke, which is their decision to make, so can do so anywhere. But I really don't get why you would smoke in public if you truly feel bad about your choices.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pesca77 For This Useful Post:

babyla  (24-04-2013),Maybelline  (24-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mama and her little bear View Post
    Nope, it's not illegal so it's not my business
    This.
    Also, you never know someone's circumstances. I know one woman who smoked a lot to help cope with coming off heroin, for example (not pregnant at the time) . For all I know the pregnant smoker is having a few smokes a day to curb the craving for something worse. For all I know she's gone from 100 a day, to 4 a day, and I'm seeing one of those 4. For all I know she is going through some major stress, or it's the first one and only one in 6 months. For all I know her dr told her not to stop abruptly and she is weaning down. Even if she just doesn't quit during pregnancy, it's her body and she's breaking no laws. Women make their own risk assessments during pregnancy with what they put into their bodies, be it junk food, soft serve and soft cheese, alcohol, drugs or cigarettes. You'd have to live under a rock to not know the risks so I can't say I feel the need to tell anyone.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

Ashram  (24-04-2013),atomicmama  (24-04-2013),beebs  (24-04-2013),KnockKnockPenny  (24-04-2013),MonsterMoosMum  (24-04-2013),Rutabaga  (24-04-2013),Stephii  (24-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesca77 View Post
    The thing I don't understand is why pregnant women continue to smoke in public and allow the opportunity for judging (be it right or wrong).

If they claim to feel so bad and guilty, aware of the damage to their baby etc etc then why not at least keep it to the privacy of your own home?? Hide away and be ashamed if you truly are!

Of course some women have no issue with continuing to smoke, which is their decision to make, so can do so anywhere. But I really don't get why you would smoke in public if you truly feel bad about your choices.
    People still have to work, shop and otherwise leave their homes. I guess you don't get to leave your addiction at home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep I sure do judge. Would never say anything though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    This.
    Also, you never know someone's circumstances. I know one woman who smoked a lot to help cope with coming off heroin, for example (not pregnant at the time) . For all I know the pregnant smoker is having a few smokes a day to curb the craving for something worse. For all I know she's gone from 100 a day, to 4 a day, and I'm seeing one of those 4. For all I know she is going through some major stress, or it's the first one and only one in 6 months. For all I know her dr told her not to stop abruptly and she is weaning down. Even if she just doesn't quit during pregnancy, it's her body and she's breaking no laws. Women make their own risk assessments during pregnancy with what they put into their bodies, be it junk food, soft serve and soft cheese, alcohol, drugs or cigarettes. You'd have to live under a rock to not know the risks so I can't say I feel the need to tell anyone.
    Thank you, you have given me a different outlook on it.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to our4boys For This Useful Post:

Ashram  (24-04-2013),Atropos  (24-04-2013),beebs  (24-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope I don't, and that isn't because I used to be a smoker and I smoked 1 smoke a day when pregnant with my first 2 (which I do feel incredibly guilty for) I don't judge because A) I don't have the right to judge anyone. And B) Just because someone smokes doesn't make them a bad parent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by nirok View Post
    It's not confined to pregnant women for me..... I judge all people who smoke.
    I have never and will never say anything because at the end of the day I'm not perfect either. For all i know that smoking person could be a total vegan exercise-freak philanthropic millionaire scientist who just discovered the cure for Motor Neurone Disease (Yes an overexaggeration!) but they could just turn around to me and say - well you drink alcohol and have on occasion sent a text while driving. Touche Ms Scientist. Touche.
    I don't judge all people who smoke, but I just thought your post was so funny I had to like it!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Ashram  (24-04-2013),Kiplusthree  (24-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    H3ll yes I judge! Silently of course.

When I was about 18, one of my friends' sisters was pregnant. We were out at a nightclub and she'd run out of cigarettes. She asked me to bum a smoke, (I smoked back then, thought I was cool), and I refused. I just couldn't be a part of it, I couldn't stop her from smoking, but I refused to enable her by supplying her with cigarettes. She was also probably 7 or 8 months, and this was about 3 am, and I think she'd been drinking, so this situation was wrong on lots of levels.

It makes me so sad, it's one thing to smoke if you're just harming yourself, but another entirely if you're growing a human being who can't decide for themselves. So, I judge, silently.