+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I do judge them because I am a smoker and without fail quit the second I find out I'm pregnant......I would never say anything to them unless I knew them personally. I do the same with pregnant women who drink whilst being pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    I'll admit to judging them too. I remember watching a show on the ABC some time ago and the mother to be was trying to convince herself that her smoking was fine for her baby because she was making the baby's heart and lungs work harder therefore making them stronger. I'm not sure where she got the idea from but it was sad to hear that sort of misinformation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a smoker and I smoked during my pregnancy for medical reasons which I don't share except with the people that ask me nicely. I do judge others but at the same time I wonder if they are in a similar position to me. I hated myself every time I lit up. And I'm sure others do too. But some of us do things just so we can get by even if we know it's one of the wrong things by everyone else.

My step family flew off the handle when they found out. I got heaps of rude things said to me about it every time they saw me. I hope no one else has to listen to some of the stuff I had thrown at me

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't say anything if it was a stranger but yes, I judge. It's one thing to make yourself sick but I can't imagine why you would do that to your child. I also find it ironic that you can't smoke with kids in the car but you can legally smoke while your child is inside you.

There is nothing sadder than seeing a poor little baby who has been born wit ha nicotine addiction. They suffer withdrawal too, and there's nothing that can be done for them.

It's just plain disgusting and there is NEVER any excuse to knowingly harm your child, ever.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DarcyJ For This Useful Post:

Donnab739  (25-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    I should add I'm not one to say anything to anyone. My sister smoked through at least one of her pregnancies and my SIL smoked for at least some of her pregnancy and I never once felt the urge to pipe up and say something to them. It's not my place to tell others what to do in their life. That's something they have to work out for themselves.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's not confined to pregnant women for me..... I judge all people who smoke.
    I have never and will never say anything because at the end of the day I'm not perfect either. For all i know that smoking person could be a total vegan exercise-freak philanthropic millionaire scientist who just discovered the cure for Motor Neurone Disease (Yes an overexaggeration!) but they could just turn around to me and say - well you drink alcohol and have on occasion sent a text while driving. Touche Ms Scientist. Touche.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nirok For This Useful Post:

Anjalee  (24-04-2013),Ashram  (24-04-2013),beebs  (24-04-2013),Mezmerised  (24-04-2013),Mulva  (24-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't say anything but yes l would be judging them. I've never been addicted to anything so l find it hard to understand why someone can't give up smoking for the health of their unborn child.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I saw a heavily pregnant woman on the weekend smoking and I get more taken aback more than anything as it just 'looks' wrong, let alone be wrong.

Have never nor will ever say anything to anyone about what they do with their own bodies, it is their business not mine and I have no doubt that *most* would be beating themselves up enough on the inside without a random stranger death staring them or putting in their two cents worth.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

VanityFey  (24-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    People judge people, it's a fact of life. I smoked while pregnant, and judged myself for every failed quit attempt and luckily my baby is so far fine. I will hate myself if what I did is a direct cause of any future health issues. Judge all you want but if you actually say something to a pregnant woman who you see smoking then I'd assume you just want to make yourself feel good by making her feel bad, because really, what business is it of yours?

I silently judged a woman who was so busy glaring at me for smoking that she neglected to notice her toddler running across a supermarket carpark. Her child could have been injured or killed while she was judging how I was harming my unborn baby.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to LauraH80 For This Useful Post:

Lauzy83  (24-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    None of my business and I wouldn't say anything - but yes I would judge.

Don't care about their lack of concern for themselves - but I care greatly for the baby that doesn't get a say.