+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with people saying that its unfair to the women who work so hard to have children, who have to watch as mothers who simply don't care harm their newborns. I haven't been through the loss of a baby, but I couldn't imagine the hurt families must feel. It would make it harder for me I know personally to watch as pregnant women smoke and drink and harm their child just because they are jonesing for fix.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaOJ View Post
    I judge in my head, it is hard watching pregnant women smoke but that is from someone who has never smoked and does not have an addictive personality. I knew a girl once that smoked because she wanted a small baby so it didn't hurt to give birth - I judged that one out loud!
    I knew a girl who smoked a pack every couple of days (while preg) and her baby was born very small- so small in fact that her baby was mistaken for a preterm bub even though he was born full term. The bub could only wear premmie clothes (and even then they were loose) it was only until he was about 2 months old which he then went into 0000's
    Yeah,
    I judge- their baby has no choice- I never say anything though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Sorry, I don't agree. While it is really heartbreaking that some women have lost babies, or are unable to conceive, it is not up to other women to do things in their lives because of that. And then where does it end? A woman shouldn't smoke because some women can't conceive? A woman shouldn't feed her kids maccas? A woman should only give their kids organic produce?

I said before that I can't help feeling judgemental, but after reading Atropos and Sonja's posts, I have to say, my feelings are changing on the subject.

I think we are our own worst enemies and we do judge each other harshly and too much.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (25-04-2013),Bubbles10  (24-04-2013),Leighlu  (24-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    This thread has left me feeling guilty because I judge women who smoke, but, I have been bad with food during my pregnancy. I have eaten ham, had too many serves of hot chips and have gone off a lot of healthy foods. So yeah I might not smoke, but my diet isn't doing my baby a great deal of good either

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Whilst I dont like smoking, I dont judge anyone for it. I've heard of pregnant women being advised to cut back but keep smoking, because withdrawal might be more harmful to the developing baby. I've also heard women that say they stopped cold turkey when they found out they were pregnant, then miscarried, and have since discovered that stopping cold turkey can cause a miscarriage, and thus blamed themself for their misfortune.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I do. But TBH, I judge smokers in general. I don't like that I do, but I do. I can't get my head around why someone would choose to do something that is proven to cause cancer and a thousand other illnesses to not only themselves, but other people who make a choice to not smoke.
    I get its addictive, and its easy for me as a (now) non smoker to say this but yeah, it's what's in my head.

I would never, ever say anything to anybody if they lit up in front of me. But I do hate the thought of the damage is doing to an unborn baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Last edited by Cinderella82; 10-08-2013 at 21:27.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I do...but NOT because they are pregnant, I judge all smokers and just wish they'd quit.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I smoked while pregnant with DS. Worst comment I got was, FOB and I were at a pub on a weeknight (was the pub FOB worked at) and we were having a meal and watching a singer do his set there. We were good friends with this singer so he wasnt a stranger at all. Anyway this was back in the days when you could smoke in pubs.
    So I finished my meal and lit up a smoke. The singer stopped mid song and said "London.....I see you....did you ask the baby if he'd like you to smoke that?". I was MORTIFIED. I kind of laughed it off and he goes "..suppose you didnt ask him if he wanted that hit of crack you had earlier either hey" and winked. Now, this was a joke.....I have never done crack and he knows it and was just being playful BUT I suddenly was aware that this was infront of a packed out pub and everyone was suddenly looking at me, 8 months pregnant, smoking away and all of them were pretty much like this Was very embarrassing.

I might mentally judge someone smoking while pregnant now, but I certainly would NEVER say anything to them...directly or passive aggressively.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, mentally. I wouldn't say anything to them though.

Sent from my U8185 using The Bub Hub mobile app