+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Ergo newborn insert with a large newborn...issues!

I just git the ergo performance -also have original that I prefer but too hot. Anyway, I never used the insert with my others but got one to use and it sucks! Am I doinging something wrong? DS is huge-4.52 at birth and over 5.2 kg at 3 weeks, now 3.5w. Would his size be making it so impractical? Trying to fit the inset plus him is not possible. He has great had control already..all my kids did very early..and can roll front to back so very stron. So, given the main reason for insert is hes control, should I not bother? I'll never use it as it is, I'm uncomfortable and he's uncomfortable!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm no expert...but my dd, who'd is almost five months and only 5kgs (yes tiny) goes in the ergo without the insert but I use the cushion thingy in the bottom so she doesn't get lost in it. This seems to work for her. Perhaps try that and see how you go?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My son is 5 months and 6kgs but seems to hate having his legs that wide so I put a towel under his bum

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think its for when their legs can't splay their legs through the leg spots. I started using mine when Dr was 3months and small, I just tucked her legs inside.

Sent from my HTC One XL using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    I'm no expert...but my dd, who'd is almost five months and only 5kgs (yes tiny) goes in the ergo without the insert but I use the cushion thingy in the bottom so she doesn't get lost in it. This seems to work for her. Perhaps try that and see how you go?
    This is what I did

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ck2b View Post
    I just git the ergo performance -also have original that I prefer but too hot. Anyway, I never used the insert with my others but got one to use and it sucks! Am I doinging something wrong? DS is huge-4.52 at birth and over 5.2 kg at 3 weeks, now 3.5w. Would his size be making it so impractical? Trying to fit the inset plus him is not possible. He has great had control already..all my kids did very early..and can roll front to back so very stron. So, given the main reason for insert is hes control, should I not bother? I'll never use it as it is, I'm uncomfortable and he's uncomfortable!
    I did some google searching and even watched some you tube videos on how to use the insert.

I've had the classic ergo with 2 bubs since 09 and currently expecting my 3rd. With the first two I never owned the insert. This time around I won't have time to be house bound, and decided to buy a heart to heart infant insert. Got one from Gumtree new for $15! But I think it's for baby up to 6-8kg. And if they have good head control you won't even need it. Maybe just a wrap under baby's bum to prop them up.