+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Question Tell me about bed-wetting

So what can you tell me? What are some real-mum tips about bed-wetting and how to get past it that the experts might not be able to give you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    subbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    subbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS didn't night train til he was almost 4 because he was still wetting his night nappy (fully day trained since before 3). I didn't push the issue I just waited until I noticed him becoming dry at night.

Once we ditched the night nappy I found taking him to the toilet just before I went to bed was helpful and even during the night if I was up (either going myself or feeding DS2). I only needed to do this for a few months. Of course he still had accidents but I just kept things low key (not to worry, accidents happen kind of comments) and got him cleaned up quickly.

My best friends were my 2 brolly sheets I bought online - fab for in the middle of the night! Just whip off the wet one and throw a clean one on. Easy!

DS1 is now 5.5 and no longer uses the brolly sheets and hasn't had an accident in months (touch wood!).

I'm glad I didn't push him and waited until he was ready as I feel it made the process easier.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Chippa For This Useful Post:

BH-community  (23-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    It's hard on the whole family.
    I have a 13 yr and 4 yr who struggle with being dry. We never shame them. They would stop it if they could. My 13 yr old has medicine for camps but he needs a few weeks on it before a camp. So sleepers are not possible. The med are too dangerous to be on full time.
    He is the size of a full grown man eg he is taller than Dh and I. So that makes dealing with it emotionally hard too.
    What is it you want to know?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by anewme View Post
    It's hard on the whole family.
    I have a 13 yr and 4 yr who struggle with being dry. We never shame them. They would stop it if they could. My 13 yr old has medicine for camps but he needs a few weeks on it before a camp. So sleepers are not possible. The med are too dangerous to be on full time.
    He is the size of a full grown man eg he is taller than Dh and I. So that makes dealing with it emotionally hard too.
    What is it you want to know?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Thanks for your reply. Sounds tough. I mostly wanted to hear from mums who have experience in the area - for the purpose of writing an article about the topic that isn't just information spewed from doctors/professionals who haven't actually been through it. Whatever tips you can contribute would be great

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DD is 6 and still wets the bed on a regular basis. She just doesn't wake up. I'm unable to take her to the bathroom in the night as I have a back problem and she is way too heavy for me to pull out of bed.

I was going insane getting up to change her and her sheets every night so we now use dry nites pants. DD isn't thrilled about wearing them, but prefers it to a wet bed. we try to maintain a sense of humour about it and not turn it into a big deal.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to shelle65 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I night time TT my 2 middle daughters at aged 2&3. I was finding some nights they'd wake to go to the toliet or they'd have dry nappies so I put them in undies. Worked great they barely had any accidents but I did put them on the toliet before I went to bed at night for the first few weeks.
    I also have a 6 year old DD that we night time TT doing the same thing but she hit a medical problem at 3.5years and been in pull ups ever since. She is such a heavy sleeper. I guess when she's ready she'll do it again.