+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Just to clarify I wasn't saying that all playgroups have a clique or trying to put her off joining one (quite the contrary), I was just putting myself in Sugarskull's shoes where she is feeling quite down and anxious and how sometimes the 'thought' of joining a group can seem very daunting because of the reasons I gave. As I said in my first post I joined a group which was a 'new mothers' group and I had an 8 mth old and was welcomed with open arms, as I was with the playgroup I joined when we moved and when you're feeling lonely and isolated they most definitely can be a god send.

Sugarskull, I hope today's a better day for you.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (24-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just wanted to offer hugs

I too don't have anyone IRL to connect with other than family and this thread has given me the courage to join a mothers group as bubs is 3 weeks away from being born.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to FirstTimeMummy2012 For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (24-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Andie86 View Post
    im in a due in Oct group on facebook, and I know quite a few of the syndey girls and melb girls are organizing a catch up, but have u been given an exact date if you send me through your email I can add ya there is nearly 40 in our group lol
    I just sent you a PM : ) Thank you xx I've been wanting to join the group but have been too chicken to ask.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimeMummy2012 View Post
    Just wanted to offer hugs

I too don't have anyone IRL to connect with other than family and this thread has given me the courage to join a mothers group as bubs is 3 weeks away from being born.
    Make sure you do it. Take it from me xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by melly75 View Post
    I could of written this post myself..its why I have come back here for the chats I used to have and friends I did make on here...I could get frustrations out when needed 2 and most would listen, but in saying that I still miss going out with a friend for coffee etc ...and I find myself lonely since moving to a new area also..its a horrible feeling, the feeling of emptiness
    Excactly right. It feel empty and lonely. At the end of the day, we're human. We're adults. We're women. We crave human contact and need to step away from being a mum sometimes. I want to have a normal adult conversation sometimes. Some days I just want to scream because I'm so desperate to use my voice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Uniquey View Post
    Just to clarify I wasn't saying that all playgroups have a clique or trying to put her off joining one (quite the contrary), I was just putting myself in Sugarskull's shoes where she is feeling quite down and anxious and how sometimes the 'thought' of joining a group can seem very daunting because of the reasons I gave. As I said in my first post I joined a group which was a 'new mothers' group and I had an 8 mth old and was welcomed with open arms, as I was with the playgroup I joined when we moved and when you're feeling lonely and isolated they most definitely can be a god send.

Sugarskull, I hope today's a better day for you.
    I also joined one that was actively looking for members as I figured it would be less established. It was great (DD2 hated it though so that was the end of that really). I remember joining one in Melbourne where the only people who went were nannies who spent the whole time on their phones texting. I lasted 2 weeks.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Wow... I'm so relieved to know I'm not alone in my loneliness, if you know what I mean. My friends are all too busy to see me very often, or to help out ever (even though they told me to make sure I ask them if I need a hand); I have no family in this country; not close to my inlaws; left my job in the country after four years and it is now like I'd never been there; DH and I are going through issues.

I was sitting on the floor of the nursery as my son screamed at me yesterday, in tears, thinking they never tell you it's going to be like this. And then I wondered how many other women around the world were thinking/doing that exact same thing at that exact moment!

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

Mod-Uniquey  (24-04-2013),MrsSS  (24-04-2013),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (24-04-2013),SugarSkull  (24-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    mrsharvey- nobody tells you about the hard parts of being a mum. I wish somebody told me "join a mothers group! Try to meet other mums." I think it'd be easier to join a mothers group than it is to join a play group.
    You're not alone : ) xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I totally agree about the isolation of motherhood. Before our son was born I expected so much more help from family - it surprised me how little we've had. I've always been a bit of a loner so it was a bit of a shock to be so lonley.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Waggers70 For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (24-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarSkull View Post
    I just sent you a PM : ) Thank you xx I've been wanting to join the group but have been too chicken to ask.
    sent you the fb request not sure if it automatically accepts or whether you need to accept, but everyone in the group is awesome, lots of mixed humours, some days you will be in tears of laughter from what is posted if you didn't get the request let me know