+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by giggle berry View Post
    I think I am just wanting to feel like we've already started 😉
    I was exactly the same! I think it's good because it gives you something to focus on, you feel like you're involved in the TTC process even though you aren't quite TTC yet. And July will come around sooooo fast!!

I think I can feel AF coming today... So bloated! Oh the pleasures of being a lady

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I keep falling behind I got sick this time. This is the only reason I hate the cooler months!
    So in saying that I'm going to say hello all!
    To those in the 2WW - I hope it goes fast and AF stays away.
    Those who AF has arrived for - hope she goes away soon!
    Re whooping cough - DH and I had our boosters the day the twins were discharged from hospital. My mum and dad also got it too.
    I have not retained much else except for - pimples I am with all of you and the stupid breakouts! Wish they would just go away too!

Did anyone else in here need a rubella (MMR) booster done before TTC?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am currently holding a pity party for one. Went to Drs today and she thinks it is thrush but took a swab anyway, steroid cream + canestan cream+ tablets. Still have lots of pimples - and spent half the night throwing up! I am a projectile vomiter ( lol TMI) so have such a sore back and neck today from throwing up.

Did mention to Dr that I am on CD 54 and she said to wait until I have the thrush fixed, and if AF doesn't return in a month she will start doing some other tests. She was really lovely about it though. Glad I've found a friendly Dr.

TwinnieMumma-my Dr did blood tests to check my immunity levels for MMR but thankfully didn't need a booster

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am booked in to have my immunity tests on Tuesday and only discovered last night when finally discussing it with my mum, that I was never vaccinated for these as a kid as I had an allergic reaction to something in the vaccine and the doctors at the time thought it was too big a risk... Now, I am assuming I will have to have all of the vaccinations now as an adult... This might push our plans of TTC back a little?

I have also started bleeding mid cycle (after stopping the pill 3 weeks ago). I was hoping it might just be a change in hormones that has caused AF to come a little early but the doctor is sending me for further tests to make sure I don't have polymenorrhea - I guess as a precaution. Has anyone else suffered from this? Has this impacted your TTC plans?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Giggle berry - I totally understand where you are coming from. We brought our TTC plans forward and now have to push them back a month. I'm still going to use opks this cycle to get an idea of when I O and to feel like I'm doing something. July will be here before you know it

Twinniemumma- hope you are feeling better!

Azimuth- that sucks about the thrush, but good you have found a proactive and lovely Dr!

Fauvette- I haven't ever heard of polymenorreah but have everything crossed it all comes back clear for you

Hi to everyone else. I am on my tablet so it makes it hard to go back and see all the posts!

AFM nothing new here! AF has left the building so just hoping the next month goes quick so we can start trying

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fauvette View Post
    I am booked in to have my immunity tests on Tuesday and only discovered last night when finally discussing it with my mum, that I was never vaccinated for these as a kid as I had an allergic reaction to something in the vaccine and the doctors at the time thought it was too big a risk... Now, I am assuming I will have to have all of the vaccinations now as an adult... This might push our plans of TTC back a little?

I have also started bleeding mid cycle (after stopping the pill 3 weeks ago). I was hoping it might just be a change in hormones that has caused AF to come a little early but the doctor is sending me for further tests to make sure I don't have polymenorrhea - I guess as a precaution. Has anyone else suffered from this? Has this impacted your TTC plans?
    I've had that before - as in an early period. Some people that stop the pill get a bleed within two weeks also. It may well be your body just adjusting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi fauvette, I saw your question about the vax and if you need MMR you may need 2 with a 4 week gap in between. After having varicella and/or MMR (can have same day) you will then need to wait 28days before falling preg. I can understand that would be frustrating! Let me know how you get on with the tests. Hopefully you have some natural immunity..
    Balletbaby ☺

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone! Wow I thought I had lost you all until I found the new thread! Just got back from holidays and now have better access to the internet. Hi to all the new ladies! I have just caught up on everything - sounds like we are all on a bit of a roller coaster and pimples are back in vogue!!

Im on CD 31 with no view of AF, this will be my first cycle off the pill for over 13 years so I guess things might be out of whack. Was kind of happy though not to have AF whilst driving home from holidays over 3000km!!

Quote Originally Posted by TwinnieMumma View Post

Did anyone else in here need a rubella (MMR) booster done before TTC?
    Yes Twinnie I had to get a MMR and a Hep B booster - had MMR as a kid and then hep B course as an adult (about 7 yrs ago) and no immunity to either!! So I copped the flu shot, MMR and a Hep B on the same day. As MMR is a live vaccine the nurse told me definately dont TTC in the first 28d, then should wait and have a blood test 8 weeks post vx and if have immunity of 10+ could try on the next cycle. The information insert of the MMR says to wait 3 months though for TTC so I guess it just depends on where your cycle is at time frame wise. Really hoping I have some immunity as I dont want to have to repeat the course of them. But it looks like we will have to wait until July now - which is ok, means that we can save a bit more money hopefully. oh I did get tested for chicken pox and still have immunity to that (had that as a 6yr old - yuck!)

Azimuth - thrush + Vomiting sucks you poor thing! But sound like your doc is a good one.

Fauvette - I guess you need to get all the facts from your doc about vx reactions etc - things may have changed in the manufacture of them? I'm sure your not alone with that situation so hopefully they have some new information. Good luck!

Elswyth, lilac, giggle - i use the clear blue monitor (bought on ebay) and even though we cant TTC these next few months I'm still going to use it so I can track my cycle and get to know what signs my body is giving off.

So has anyone had a BFP yet????

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lanadel For This Useful Post:

Sabochan  (30-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aargh CD35 and still no AF! Did a test on day 29 and it was BFN so really don't feel like doing another one for fear I will be disappointed.
    To he honest, we didn't give it the BEST try last month, just wish AF would turn up so we can start the new cycle with a fresh start and give it good go!!!
    If no AF by Thurs morning, will do another test (another emotional day today I fear ).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well AF arrived Saturday which I am pleased about as it was a 27 day cycle (and not 74!)

I have bought some OPKs off eBay and hope they arrive this week.

I figure this month I will test of O but pretty much just BD as much as possible from the end of AF...