+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Fauvette View Post
    Hi Simmie.
    I am in exactly the same position. I stopped the pill about 2 weeks ago and have now started taking vitamins etc. Going to the doctor today for a check up and heading off for a pre-pregnancy blood test. I am hoping to try and get my body in order before we really start "trying".
    I am very nervous as I don't really want to commit "trying"... We have always said we didn't "want" kids but last year we started thinking about a family and this year (at 34) something has just kicked in and I feel like it's just meant to happen.

Anyone else feeling the same?
    Hi fauvette That's really exciting! I totally agree, I was really surprised how disappointed I was, I didn't expect it at all. I also like to think we won't be "trying" and just let nature take its course but now that we put it back a few months I know I will be looking at ways to increase the odds of it happening!!
    Also to all the ladies talking about pimples,I totally understand your pain, I use to get the worst hormonal breakouts around my chin, so bad that I would hate talking to people because I swear they were just staring at them but I think I'm the odd one out because since I have come off the pill my skin has been so clear .... Fingers crossed it stays that way!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by giggle berry View Post
    FiBub76, I am crossing my fingers for you too! ������
    THanks everyone
    2 days since af was due but nothing yet. Did a test this morning but was bfn so I don't know.
    If not this month, think I will get the ovulation kit. I know we have talked about these before but can anyone tell me a brand you have had success with?
    Feeling a bit teary today, wanting this so badly

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by may85 View Post
    How annoying Lilac - we expect Drs to know what to do then they stuff up! Keep focussed and the time will fly by!

It's funny because I didn't have the whooping cough shot until my first check up AFTER DD was born - how things change in 4 years!
    I am sure the time will fly Lilac! Good to be all boosted up.

I was worried as we may have BDed a bit too close to my actual O this month and I haven't had the booster... It seems that you get it straight after birth and that it's fine to have it then.

"Mothers should have an adult pertussis booster very soon after their baby is born. It is safe to have it while breastfeeding."

http://www.rch.org.au/kidsinfo/fact_...hooping_cough/

That's from the Royal Children's Hospital and I also read a NSW Health fact sheet that said the same.

http://www0.health.nsw.gov.au/factsh...pertussis.html

"Immunisation for adults
    A booster for adults is recommended for:
    Both parents when they are planning a pregnancy, or just after the baby is born
    Other adult household members, grandparents and carers of infants under 12 months of age.
    Adults working with young children, especially health care and child care workers.
    New mothers in NSW are eligible for free whooping cough vaccine in the maternity unit after the birth of their children or, if this is not possible, free vaccine is available from their GP within 1-2 weeks after the birth."

Phew!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elswyth For This Useful Post:

FiBub76  (25-04-2013),Lilac07  (26-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and hello and welcome to balletbaby!

Quote Originally Posted by FiBub76 View Post
    THanks everyone
    2 days since af was due but nothing yet. Did a test this morning but was bfn so I don't know.
    If not this month, think I will get the ovulation kit. I know we have talked about these before but can anyone tell me a brand you have had success with?
    Feeling a bit teary today, wanting this so badly
    You poor thing FiBub! Big hugs. I used a kit from Oracle and I found them to be good. TMI but I actually mastered peeing in the sachet like a cup and testing at work!!

I recommend the peace of mind from knowing you O'd. I used up a whole bag of them on my first month off the pill and then just left it because I just needed the proof that one time! I know that sometimes you can have an LH surge with no egg but I think it's very rare. So I personally think they are a fantastic idea.

Look after yourself today if you are feeling a bit low! Lots of delicious food and rest

But fx that you will be in for some good news anyway!!
    Last edited by elswyth; 25-04-2013 at 15:02.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to elswyth For This Useful Post:

FiBub76  (25-04-2013),giggle berry  (25-04-2013),Tippytoes  (25-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by elswyth View Post
    Oh and hello and welcome to balletbaby!

You poor thing FiBub! Big hugs. I used a kit from Oracle and I found them to be good. TMI but I actually mastered peeing in the sachet like a cup and testing at work!!

I recommend the peace of mind from knowing you O'd. I used up a whole bag of them on my first month off the pill and then just left it because I just needed the proof that one time! I know that sometimes you can have an LH surge with no egg but I think it's very rare. So I personally think they are a fantastic idea.

Look after yourself today if you are feeling a bit low! Lots of delicious food and rest

But fx that you will be in for some good news anyway!!
    Ok so I bought some clear blue digital ovulation kits on eBay tonight.....If I use them up and still no baby, I will look into Oracle :-)
    Still no AF ........

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have pushed our TTC start date out to end of July due to budget and when we think we'd be ready to go back down to 1 income again....

Feeling disappointed but also wondering if I should just get some O kits in the meantime to just keep track of when things are happening...

What do you all think? Worthwhile or wait until we're actually trying to bother with that?

Thanks
    Reviews
    From what I have read etc your cycle can change month to month, so I am not sure if ovulation kits would be useful prior to ttc but it certainly couldn't hurt :-)
    A least it would give you an idea of approx when it could happen :-)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to FiBub76 For This Useful Post:

giggle berry  (26-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I am just wanting to feel like we've already started 😉

Thanks
    Reviews
    I understand :-)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to FiBub76 For This Useful Post:

giggle berry  (26-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear that has upset you giggle berry. It takes time to get to know your body when ttc, so I would totally start trying to work out when that window of opportunity happens. It may take some of the stress away when you do start ttc and you will have an approx known time of ovulation and know the signs to look for. I think it is called the billings method that is great to follow. Looking for the egg white mucous was the biggest clue for me and natural family planning with temp checks etc. I used fertility friend and it helped me big time as my cycles were 40 days. I did use an ovulation kit once I saw the egg white mucous and it worked but didn't use them at other times. Once I get my mirena out I will be sussing all of this out again.
    It will come around so quickly!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tippytoes For This Useful Post:

clucky_duck  (24-07-2013),giggle berry  (26-04-2013)