+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awesome to hear wobblermumy. I've been with my DH 7 years next month (married recently) and there is just nothing worse than when we're stressed and fighting and not communicating. Makes you feel like crap all day, everytime you remember it. So glad you had a good old chat!

DL - I will be that person too I know. My DH actually has to tell me not to get obsessed over stuff, for my own good.It will be hard not to. Opk tests will be very tempting for my little organiser anxious perfectionist brain! Haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I just want things to happen right away ... so I want another baby and want to be pregnant NOW! Why doesn't it happen that way??

3. The Following User Says Thank You to may85 For This Useful Post:

wobblermummy  (16-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Stressed - think I'm getting a cold, I have two jobs (that I love) but both are just majorly busy right now and on top of that I am doing a short course the next 3 Saturdays and my head feels like its going to explode!

I will basically have half of Sunday off for the next 3 weeks and that's it.

Does anyone else work lots? I sometimes worry that this will be hard when ttc/pregnant and impossible when we have kids. I have 1 fulltime and 1 part time and I know I could just give up the part time but I enjoy it. FYI it's around 45-50 hours/week. Sigh.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Azimuth For This Useful Post:

Lanadel  (17-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    hope the cold is kept at bay! Berocca it up!
    I work 2 jobs - fulltime and a casual job - I just found out today that the FT one now wants to open earlier and shut later - can see that somehow I am going to get majorly done over here (currently work 8.30-5.30 4d a week but often dont leave until 7pm). My casual job is about 2.5d/fortnight and it is in a completely different field of employment.

I am with you azimuth I worry about my hours and what I will do, my FT job is in the animal/vet industry so lots of hazards as well as the hours. I am actually tossing up when to tell the big bosses when I am UTD - could tell a few staff and they could cover for me with things like Xrays etc - I certainly dont want to put my baby at risk though but I know that things change when you tell the bosses - being the first one to have it happen too also I think I would have to do alot of fighting for my rights!

I pretty much know that I wont be able to go back to that job in a FT capacity with kids, might be able to do it as a 1.5d/week job. My casual job however is much more kid friendly and will most likely become a potential business that my DH and I will buy into so I can be my own boss and I think would make earning an income easier as it is a job that can be done from a home office with minimal trips outside.

my DH tells me to work so hard now before we are UTD but unfortunately my stupid perfectionist personality doesn't allow that to happen

So I understand what you are saying!!

Quote Originally Posted by Azimuth View Post
    Stressed - think I'm getting a cold, I have two jobs (that I love) but both are just majorly busy right now and on top of that I am doing a short course the next 3 Saturdays and my head feels like its going to explode!

Does anyone else work lots? I sometimes worry that this will be hard when ttc/pregnant and impossible when we have kids. I have 1 fulltime and 1 part time and I know I could just give up the part time but I enjoy it. FYI it's around 45-50 hours/week. Sigh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by may85 View Post
    I just want things to happen right away ... so I want another baby and want to be pregnant NOW! Why doesn't it happen that way??

Exactly, I have decided I want to be PG now so should just be allowed to come one baby gods.

Quote Originally Posted by Azimuth View Post

I only work the one job but that is more then enough, DH can work 14days straight sometimes 16hr days depending how nasty his bosses are which is why ttc is a hard thing already. I don't think I'd be able to consider going back to fulltime work maybe after all kids are born, the other girls at work have gone to do that but they are younger then me and I would like all 2-3 before 40 I hope and to be elligible again for ppl have to be back at work so many months, maybe i could go do 3 days a week. Will have to see when the time comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanadel View Post
    hope the cold is kept at bay! Berocca it up!
    I work 2 jobs - fulltime and a casual job - I just found out today that the FT one now wants to open earlier and shut later - can see that somehow I am going to get majorly done over here (currently work 8.30-5.30 4d a week but often dont leave until 7pm). My casual job is about 2.5d/fortnight and it is in a completely different field of employment.

I am with you azimuth I worry about my hours and what I will do, my FT job is in the animal/vet industry so lots of hazards as well as the hours. I am actually tossing up when to tell the big bosses when I am UTD - could tell a few staff and they could cover for me with things like Xrays etc - I certainly dont want to put my baby at risk though but I know that things change when you tell the bosses - being the first one to have it happen too also I think I would have to do alot of fighting for my rights!

I pretty much know that I wont be able to go back to that job in a FT capacity with kids, might be able to do it as a 1.5d/week job. My casual job however is much more kid friendly and will most likely become a potential business that my DH and I will buy into so I can be my own boss and I think would make earning an income easier as it is a job that can be done from a home office with minimal trips outside.

my DH tells me to work so hard now before we are UTD but unfortunately my stupid perfectionist personality doesn't allow that to happen

So I understand what you are saying!!
    You are very busy, hopefully things work out and you can buy the other business would make things so much easier and less stressful for you.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to wobblermummy For This Useful Post:

Lanadel  (18-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I went back to work 3 days when DD was 10 weeks old - but she wasn't in day care which eased my concerns a bit.

He is now 3 - I work 4 days and study 2 subjects via distance ed. DFs is normally office hours which makes everything easier but lately has been working back.

What you decide to do - whether work or stay home - you can make it work for your family :-)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to may85 For This Useful Post:

Lanadel  (18-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks wobbler, Lanadel and may for the words of wisdom! Sometimes my head just runs away from me

May - that's good to hear that work life can continue on after kids - I guess its so much of an unknown I find it hard to think/plan for the future.

Hope you ladies have a great weekend - ill be at a course 9-4 tomorrow so whatever you'll be doing is way more fun than me

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Azimuth For This Useful Post:

Lanadel  (18-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, feeling a bit blah today. I think my cycle is going to be a bit stuffed up again, my clearblue monitor is still only showing 2 bars (been testing since CD10) but I swear I had low abdominal pain like a mini cramp on Tuesday. Last cycle OD was day 19 and 20 - its day 19 today this cycle and nothing. But I think I have had fertile CM?? (sorry TMI). oh well I suppose it doesn't matter for the next 4-8 weeks as we cant do anything until I go for my blood test for my immune levels for MMR and hep B. Oh and the really annoying lady standing behind me at officeworks with her super annoying whiney child who chucked a major tantrum didn't do much for my mood either!! We would have never pulled a stunt like that in a shop when I was little!! But then again my mum wouldn't swear at me and threaten to 'drop me on my ***' either - she just looked at us and we knew to quit it!! Think I will go find the rest of the bounty bar I hid in the fridge from DH and annoy/cuddle the dogs. Night!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Had no idea what was going on with my monitor was on low fertility till about day cd21 or was it cd22 and then went straight to peak which was a day or 2 after i thought my cm showed. Hope the monitor was right cause that was when i got my 1 bd in. have some papers for DH on the days you are meant to BD along with statistics of how long it takes dependent on the amount of days you BD don't know if that will stress him more and mean he is less willing or what. Was informative though. Apparently if you have sex every day of fertile period have a 37% chance of pregnancy, if sexy every 2nd or 3rd day of fertile period have 33% chance and if only once during the fertile period only a 15% chance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow those stats are interesting wobblermummy! I hope it helps put things into perspective for your DH!

Sorry you're feeling blah Lanadel cycles can be annoying! How the choccy and puppy cuddles helped!

Hope your course went well Azimuth!

To everyone else I missed! I can only see the last few posts on my tablet. Hope you're going well!

AFM just waiting for AF to show so we can officially start trying! I keep dreaming I'm pregnant so it happens quick, cause I'm very excited!