+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey guys

I haven't posted since last thread, havent really caught up on it. Will try to catch up with it all at some point. (But Congrats on your wedding WobblerMummy, i did see that happened)

Whether or not we ttc in August is still up in the air. DH is on track to become permanent full time in August. :-) We have about half of what we would need for a house deposit and my work is going ok. Normal people would see out the next 18 months, get savings in order, get out of rentals forever and buy a home and THEN ttc.

But.

I'm baby mad. I dreamt about BFP's the other night. I really want to start ttc like...yesterday!

I know I should be patient but I feel like this is the biological urge thing in overdrive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Vue - I understand the biological urge. This time last year I was "whatever" about babies, then I turned 30 and its like "oh crap better start" but we are trying to hold off for a few more months for a few reasons, one being financial/work stability.

FiBub - that sucks

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Azimuth For This Useful Post:

vue  (14-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vue View Post
    Hey guys

I haven't posted since last thread, havent really caught up on it. Will try to catch up with it all at some point. (But Congrats on your wedding WobblerMummy, i did see that happened)

Whether or not we ttc in August is still up in the air. DH is on track to become permanent full time in August. :-) We have about half of what we would need for a house deposit and my work is going ok. Normal people would see out the next 18 months, get savings in order, get out of rentals forever and buy a home and THEN ttc.

But.

I'm baby mad. I dreamt about BFP's the other night. I really want to start ttc like...yesterday!

I know I should be patient but I feel like this is the biological urge thing in overdrive.
    wedding was perfect, I think ttc is off for now DH is giving every possible excuse out so he doesn't have to BD at all and is being so selfish and unreasonable. I can't believe we planned this 17 months ago and he continues to say every week he can't wait till have a baby and wants one soon, wrote that in xmas card last that it was the last without a baby same as my valentines day card and now is making every effort possible to ensure that never happens, has wasted 2 months now so told i don't care anymore he wants to be selfish like that wont ask again so he will have to enjoy himself cause he isn't getting anything off me. We were meant to have a baby on the way by his birthday thursday which he wanted, he must think i am going to carry jesus reincarnated he can enjoy his expensive coffee machine he harassed for if he wants a homecooked meal for his birthday he can go see his mum who harassed me all sunday about when i'm going to have a grand baby grrrrr.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wobblermummy View Post
    wedding was perfect, I think ttc is off for now DH is giving every possible excuse out so he doesn't have to BD at all and is being so selfish and unreasonable. I can't believe we planned this 17 months ago and he continues to say every week he can't wait till have a baby and wants one soon, wrote that in xmas card last that it was the last without a baby same as my valentines day card and now is making every effort possible to ensure that never happens, has wasted 2 months now so told i don't care anymore he wants to be selfish like that wont ask again so he will have to enjoy himself cause he isn't getting anything off me. We were meant to have a baby on the way by his birthday thursday which he wanted, he must think i am going to carry jesus reincarnated he can enjoy his expensive coffee machine he harassed for if he wants a homecooked meal for his birthday he can go see his mum who harassed me all sunday about when i'm going to have a grand baby grrrrr.
    Aww. WobblerMummy sounds a bit like my DH over the past 6 months too. In Feb it was like "let's start in Aug" then in March it was "maybe we can wait a year".

Sorry to hear your DH is wavering a bit.
    And that must have been hard too with your MIL bringing the issue up as well. Maybe time to have a heart to heart cards on table about your expectations. when u feel u can.or maybe some "Me time" Take off for a massage somewhere or get together with some girls for a coffee or a wine. I'm firmly of the belief men get pms too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by vue View Post
    Aww. WobblerMummy sounds a bit like my DH over the past 6 months too. In Feb it was like "let's start in Aug" then in March it was "maybe we can wait a year".

Sorry to hear your DH is wavering a bit.
    And that must have been hard too with your MIL bringing the issue up as well. Maybe time to have a heart to heart cards on table about your expectations. when u feel u can.or maybe some "Me time" Take off for a massage somewhere or get together with some girls for a coffee or a wine. I'm firmly of the belief men get pms too!
    was going to beautician every month before the wedding and was told off each time for wasting money. Don't have many friends can go out 2 best friends live quite far away and everyone who lives close by has very small children, we are the only ones without on both sides of friends. Am going to see 1 of the best friends down in the southern highlands in a fortnight had arranged that before wedding cause it was meant to be fun was meant to find out in the days before whether we were or weren't PG.

DH hasn't changed his mind still says he wants to but refuses to BD gives every excuse as to why he can't and isn't up to it. Never too tired to sit up and watch tv or go out with mates. Have tried talking just keep getting told I am stupid about the whole thing if and when it happens it will you can't force these things. He ignores the fact that no you shouldn't wait when you have had so many medical problems already. I told him to go to the drs if he wants to, he does have 2 massive lipomas on his back that grew when we were overseas 1 is on his shoulder blade size of a golfball ouch and another is on his spine which i have tried to subtly say could be causing problems which he completely disagrees with when i am the one with 10 years nursing under my belt not him refuses to even get an xray or ultrasound.

MIL wont stop she has been on it since we came home from England cause she feels her sons are being selfish cause all her friends have grandkids and she doesn't. He told her off last time cause he knew it hurt me and she said it when he wasn't around, she said it sunday at the dinner table in front of the whole family and he shot her down instantly so she'd be quiet but i know she won't hold up and probably blames me for the no kids not DH.

Will give him another month or 2 he'll see he never gets any bd ever as he doesn't initiate anything now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs wobbler - I can't post anything now as I'm on way home but will later

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Azimuth For This Useful Post:

wobblermummy  (15-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wobbler that must be so frustrating
    If he thinks you're being silly or whatever about it, would getting a Dr to talk to him about how TTC works, and that 9 times out of 10 it doesn't "just happen", help?
    I hope he comes around soon.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lilac07 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey wobbler - do you think he's a bit gunshy? You've made this big decision and maybe he's freaking out a bit? Maybe try not mentioning babies for a month and see how that goes? According to a friend of DH TTC was the most stressful times and not fun at all.

I hope things get better soon!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Azimuth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    ,Managed to have a good D & M with DH last night who is stressed and thinks we shouldnt stress too much just yet but realises now how stressed I am and hurt feels bad his fitness and energy is lacking, he only put on a lil weight on the honeymoon i put on 6kgs since wedding but put on 25kgs since we met as we eat pizza and indian when he wants and i never ate either he is finally accepting of my lack of self esteem over the whole thing so will now be caring about his not that I have ever said anything bad about the way he looks he is agreeable to join the gym with me . Said I would stop instigating things all the time as that is more stress when he knows it is just baby related and that when he wants to BD he could let me know because it is still meant to be fun happy newlywed BD not just business BD loll. He text me at work last night to say that he would try and be awake and energetic this morning for BD figured too late but at least would be a step in the right track and I do love him so if he was tired again wasn't going to push it and annoy again when i promised i wouldn't.

Anyhoo to cut things short really confused this month told him I had O on Sunday as have never before in the last yr had EWCM for more then a day and only when other monitor said was O day never even 12 hrs before or after and had had the worst abdominal cramping and pain so figured it was over and monitor was just wrong as it still said was in low fertility and googled and found other people who had had that and missed O. Long and behold when tested yesterday it showed that it was time for O to come up in the next 12-36 hrs so then was disheartened as DH had been tired yesterday then when said was going to BD, was wide awake today after had said was making a effort, when i tested today again still showed the egg in peak fertility so must have just hit on time yesterday for commencement was about 22 hrs apart so hopefully there was time for some swimmers to catch the egg this morning as didn't test till 4hrs after bd so was 20 hrs after got the green light to go yesterday so glad i wasn't withholding any BD just prove a point that it was on my terms lol

Apologised to DH saying I must be a real nut job and prob do need to stress less, maybe on the outside to him lol don't want to ruin this period for us all together. So hard to not stress when i have this a stressful job and hopefully house to be started in next few months. Might do as some others have said and book in for a massage next week the one before the wedding was awesome and get some relaxation cd's off my sister who is a psychologist i have refused for years when i needed it to help my reflux and ulcer but need to find something to stop it, maybe I am a lil ocd in over annalysing things but not in regards to other things cause i don't play with light switches or over wash my hands if not at work lol.

Thank you for all offers of advice and support greatly accepted from a stressed under slept maniac lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi wobblermummy, so glad to hear you're working things out with your hubby. It is a stressful time and I know I freaked out when we started because although I was using opk's and demanding Dh be home for lunch so we could bd (yup I was that person), it was the last thing I wanted to do because it wasn't spontaneous and fun like it usually is. Hang in there!! You'll get your bub.

In terms of me, I came here a few weeks ago after my first mc and d&c thinking I was in a good place. Turns out I wasn't but I am now, 2 weeks later. Not consciously trying until July but not NOT trying if you know what I mean 😊