Closed Thread
Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    january, thanks for adding me

Missleo, thanks and that's good news, I was wondering how I was going to get PIO here

Wish, yaaah for getting your contract etc signed, it seems like your getting somewhere once that's been signed and likely dates for the cycle are given. I found the testing for the donor to be the longest and it was only a week

I guess I should order my meds today, so they're here when the witch arrives. Although this cycle she'll be welcomed with a smile

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Crystal - I agree, the witch cant come quick enough this month to kick the protocol off....we wont be saying that in a couple of months! Regarding PIO, I have had lots of advice to buy it in South Africa, as it is MUCH cheaper than Australia.

Wish - Things are really moving along for you now. Cyndi advised us that their fee or the first instalment of it is payable at the time the donor has screening.

DJ - Glad to hear that you have heard from CFC....keep trying for further dates!!!

Summer - Nice to hear from you...hope you and your family are travelling along nicely.

Laned - You also sound besotted!! Congratulations again.
    Helenmac - you truly are an inspiration...I wish you all the best for your future endeavours.

Jennilee - has your donor had her screening tests yet?

Missleo, January, Twowhites, BB4Me, Libelle, Makeba, Nicole, Pixel, Abundance, babywish, JodiW, Jed, Wilson Joy and Nicole (please forgive me if I have left anyone out)....what are you all upto??

Four Musketeers - What are you proposed dates for ET? I have a feeling that we will all be there at different times in July....mine is 24 July? We havent booked our flights yet, but it could be around 8 July to fly over.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good evening,
    Sunny - My approximate ET date is 10 July

DJ - Are you any further forward with dates?

Crystal - I think you are just a couple of days ahead of me.

Hello everyone else

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, a quick question, I am googling accomodation for June and was wondering what is the definition of "cheap" accomodation? The Hippo Boutique is $152AUD a night, the Protea North wharf hotel is $224.72 a night, these two have been mentioned on the thread as places people have stayed at. I was expecting to find accomodation would be under $100 a night? Do I need to rethink my budget?

Thanks
    Reviews
    BB4ME - I have never been to SA myself but my friend went their to do a cycle and stayed at Seaways for around $80 per night. she was happy with that and said it was self contained too which was a bonus and the security was also good.
    Accommodation can be very personal to suit different budgets. :-)
    I hope you return with the exclusive BFP

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Amandamoo For This Useful Post:

BB4Me  (09-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi BB4ME. We spent our last night in CT at the Hippo on the suggestion from this thread and unless they can guarantee you a room exactly like on the website I cannot recommend it. Our room was horrible and the location isn't great compared to how amazing the rest of CT is. I'm sure the 'best' rooms are great but it's still way overpriced compared to everything else in SA. I suggest a self catering holiday apartment, there are heaps around and you will should be able to find something amazing for under $100 a night. Green Point/Sea Point and areas close to V&A I personally suggest as there is plenty to do and see around there and most apartments have views of the mountain or the sea. We booked through stayincapetown.co.za - email them with your dates and they will send you back available places and prices. Remember you are only needed at the clinic for 3 short appointments so maybe you might just want to book in somewhere first for a few days till you get your bearings then move around and stay in some other places?? There's so much to see! If moving around I found the best site for short stay B&B's and hotels in CT was booking.com.

My best tip is if you have an ipad or tablet take it with you and get a local sim card for about $50. We had internet everywhere we went (even on safari!) and in 3 weeks never ran out of credit. Apart from having google maps which was a must, we searched cool places to see/eat in etc then booked all our accom on it when we travelled around a bit. If I had of thought beforehand about the ipad I wouldn't have had to worry so much about getting an apartment with internet and would have had way more accom options - although our apartment was on the 6th floor and had spectacular 180 degree un-interupted views of Green Point and the harbour (for $75 a night...) so I had no complaints!

PM me if you want more details on anything.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Missleo For This Useful Post:

BB4Me  (09-05-2013),DJSHEARS  (09-05-2013),Net3811  (09-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amandamoo and BB4me we stayed at Seaways whilst its a fabulous location I would not recommend you stay there in winter (we were there beginning August), the apartment even with the heater on is extremely cold, putting the heater on makes things worse as the walls get wet from condensation, the walls have concrete cancer, the building is quite old so they havent got the usual insulation that is now required on buildings. My hubby normally doesn't feel the cold and he was cold in the apartment too. In the summer it would be a different story but June would be awful. I was blue the whole time I was in the apartment even when the sun was shining through the window I had to request more blankets but they only had one spare.

But, there are loads of other apartments in that area, and being winter you should get a good deal. The only problem with apartments is there are no safety deposit boxes but the buildings are generally secure and the area is safe with guards riding up and down the road on their Segways.

enjoy your stay.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JodiW For This Useful Post:

BB4Me  (09-05-2013),DJSHEARS  (09-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls

Sunny15 - yes we are completely besotted. Just love him to bits. Can't quite believe he is here in one piece. Still cannot stop staring at him.

BB4me - we stayed at protea North wharf and it was excellent on so many levels. As previously stated, the apartment was big, fully self contained serviced apartment. Central to mall and the V&A Waterfront. There was also full room service of required. We were able to do all our washing, cook when we wanted and also were able to park the car there. We did not pay anywhere near $224, but rather from memory believe it was around $150 including Buffett breakfast. Check out agoda.com.au for deals. We booked all our accommodation through them and had no issues. You will even get credit points which I used for free stay at a coast hotel on return.

All the best to all ladies with upcoming cycles. Xxx

12. The Following User Says Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

BB4Me  (09-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Amandamoo, MissLeo, JodiW, laned. I have looked at the apartment site, there are 3 available at Greenpoint. Only one has a heater, one has a washing machine. None say anything about electric blankets or a/c.
    How did everyone deal with the dirty clothes? We were planning on washing a couple of times rather than taking a port full of clothes.
    Don't you just love the "Please insert the verification code above into the field below to verify that you are a human being" on the booking page.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi BB4ME. There is a great laundromat on the main road at Green Point, drop off in the morning and pickup in the afternoon. Really cheap. Our apartment had a washing machine but it was much easier to just get someone else to do it all for us.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Missleo For This Useful Post:

BB4Me  (12-05-2013)

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast