Closed Thread
Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my gosh Wish me luck you captured everyone in your post ...awesome work .
    Sunshine do ask for a letter to the donor. This is the same practice that Global Egg Donors use. We were initially looking at going to Canada, but then found CFC and took this path. I think it adds a human element to the process for both parties.
    We are in limbo at present, as our donor was unable to make her screening appointment. We are praying for good news soon. I am still on the active pill. I have been on it since March 18th and haven't stopped. I don't want to stop it now as hopefully the screening will take place soon & we can move forward.
    Hopefully we don't have to start searching for another donor
    It's hard all the time isn't it?..
    Hugs & baby dust to all
    Jen x

helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ladies,

Thank you for all my wonderful messages of support. It has meant so much to me.

I'm going ok. A bit up and down but that's to be expected. This morning my AF showed up (I suspect delayed by the prednisolone) so I'm feeling a bit down. I dropped DS at pre-school and was just feeling sad seeing all the prams with 2nd, 3rd etc children, I held it together but came home and had a little cry. Other day's I have been coping ok. I know if I wasn't a mum already then it would be a whole different story. I'm SO BLESSED to have my DS.

We might look at getting a puppy in a few months time but are getting 2 chickens first!!! The neighbors are moving out and are giving them to us so we have to build an chook pen. It'll be nice to have an egg a day and more compost for the garden.

I just wanted to wish each and every one of you all the very best for your o/s journey's and I truly hope that you all achieve success and experience the path of motherhood. I won't be around much anymore as it will delay my healing and acceptance being on the forums too much.

I look forward to moving towards closure & accepting the end of my journey.......

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Helenmac, a puppy will definately help. We have chooks and dogs. The dogs really help when I am feeling low. Giving them a cuddle or taking them for a walk helps me feel better and I'm sure your DS will love having one too. Do you have a breed in mind? All of ours have been recycled puppies/dogs from rescue agencies or the pound.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BB4Me For This Useful Post:

helenmac  (03-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Helenmac - wishing you all the best for your healing and closure. You have been an inspiration to us all. It cant be easy, but Im sure its the right decision. I have 2 friends who struggled for many years for that elusive 2nd child and it wasnt until years and years of heartache they realised that they had wasted the opportunity to really enjoy the one child they had. You at least wont have this regret.

Hi to everyone else.
    2W

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Twowhites For This Useful Post:

helenmac  (03-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Helenmac - I was devastated to read of your recent BFN and am so sorry. I wish to thank you from the bottom of my heart for all of your words of encouragement and for your determination and dedication, which I have truly found inspiring. You have definitely endured one hard road and I hope that you can find peace and comfort in the fact that you are a true fertility warrior who did all that you had within your power. Much love and thanks to you, DH and DS. XXX

Makabe - again sorry to read of your news. I can only imagine how disappointing it is for you and DH. I am pleased to read of your upcoming plans and as you said it is wonderful that you have the frosties. As for the fibroids, I would seek a second opinion as to removal. I have a history of uterine plots and have had to have them removed x 3. I was advised that a polyp acts like a natural IUD by changing the pH of the uterus. That said, I also have a small fibroid, which did not interfere with this pregnancy (thank goodness). Just be sure that they are fibroids and not polyps.

To all other ladies thank you so much for your lovely posts. Hi Girls and welcome to the new posters, may your journey be short and sweet.

This thread assisted in the finding of peace and coming to terms that continued attempts to use my own eggs was no longer viable.

I have really felt the power of the warm wishes and true spirit of all the wonderful women who have at some stage had contact with this thread and cannot thank you all enough for the love and support.

We are at home now and recovering well. I still find myself staring at little Will in absolute awe and cannot believe that he is finally here. I truly feel like one of the luckiest people on the planet.

I have had major probs with breast feeding, with my milk still not in!!! I am taking fenegreek and Motillium and have been chained to a breast pump mind you with little effect. That said, we commenced comp feeding due to William loosing weight, but all good now with the top ups.

Thank you all again. Much love from the 3 of us xxx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

helenmac  (03-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Helen...I am sure everyone on here is really aching for you right now but you have obviously made the right decision for yourself and your family. You have been so kind and supportive of us all and as unfair as some of the heartaches we face are, there is always something to help us heal and I hope you find that peaceful place. Your DH and DS are blessed to have you. Thank you so much for support of my journey and for sharing that special part of your world with us.

Donna xx

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DJSHEARS For This Useful Post:

helenmac  (06-05-2013),January  (03-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Laned... Ah, so his name is Will...that is gorgeous! Sorry to hear about the breast feeding not going so great but if you are up for it, keep trying. My DD is 9 now and I had an emergency C-sect with her through sepsis from a kidney infection. I had 3 weeks of intensive care, blood transfusions etc and she had 3 weeks in NICU. I felt like a commercial milking machine, being put on the can every 4 hours, but, I got enough breast milk for her stomach tube to feed her. She was 3 weeks old before I got to hold her and I fed her till she was about 11 months. It doesn't always work I know but hey, at least its worth a try if that is what you want. What does Will look like? Does he have hair? I bet he has the cutest tootsies!!

Donna x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Donna, yes we called our little man William James he was 6lbs8oz. He was born with a lovely amount of hair (mousey brown) and looks like his daddy. It was so emotional seeing him for the very first time and my DH is absolutely besotted.

Thank you for sharing your story, certainly offers encouragement. X

13. The Following User Says Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

DJSHEARS  (04-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a quick one from me as I don't get a lot of time to write now that the little man is here.

A massive congrats to Laned I am so happy for you. I felt we shared our journey together so I was so happy to read everything went well. I love your sons names too yay woo hoo you're a mummy.

Helen - So sorry to hear your news. I can't even imagine. At least you know you tried everything. Big hugs.

To all the other ladies wishing you all the best

xx
    SS

15. The Following User Says Thank You to SummerShine For This Useful Post:

helenmac  (06-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wondering girls if anyone is not hearing back from CFC???? I sent an email 5 days ago but no reply. I then contacted Kimenthra at EDSA to check on our donor and she said she will remind Cyndi to contact me!! Grrrrr!

JULY GIRLS....I am getting a funny feeling we are going to slide through to early August. Just a feeling. Anyway, I will wait patiently for a reply and see what eventuates.

Maybe I will wake up on Tuesday morning to an awesome email.

Summershine...Hi Mummy!! Glad you are well and that your little man is doing great!

Donna

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast