Closed Thread
Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies
    Sorry for popping in with a question before catching up on all the news but I'm in the process of selecting my donor and have some concerns. I spent ages looking at donor profiles and found "the one". Contacted Sunshine who asked me to write a letter to the donor, which I did. It had my first name on it but no other identifying info. Dr Wiswedel at CFC has advised that it is unlawful for emails to be passed on between donor and recipient - even anonymously through the egg donor agency. I'd hate to lose this donor but am scared CFC may now allow this donation? Would be grateful for anyone else's experience through Sunshine and CFC.

I look fwd to catching up on everyone's news tomorrow :-)

Night ladies

Wish
    x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ianed - huge congrats on the birth of your little Springbok - enjoy your exciting new role as a mummy! So glad that he arrived safe and sound!

Helen- i am so so sorry to read of your bfn! I have been logging on every day hoping to hear good news as goodness knows you deserve it!! that is just so cruel to get a bfn after all you have been through. there are no words that can lesson your pain but i really hope that in time you can heal and start to enjoy your life again. Am thinking of you!!

Jed

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JED For This Useful Post:

helenmac  (30-04-2013),laned  (03-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

Helenmac so very sorry to hear of your BFN. As others have said, you tried everything and showed such incredible patience and persistence with the process. My thoughts are with you.

A small update from me...the boys continue to thrive, and at 8 weeks are now producing gorgeous smiles for Mum, Dad and Grandma...I have almost forgotten what life was like without them! off to the weigh in today, and to get their feet cast before they get too big! They are sleeping well, and only ocasionally are throwing in a doozie of a night to keep me on my toes!

To all the ladies on their way to SA, best of luck, and to those awaiting results, hang in there.

Congratulations Laned! so now the fun begins!! I feel like we have shared our journeys being only 8 weeks apart! I had a tear in my eye as I read your post and am looking forward to hearing all about your first few weeks...xx WJ

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wilson joy For This Useful Post:

helenmac  (30-04-2013),laned  (03-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wishmeluck....I had the same experience with Sunshine agency. I chose our donor through them and just felt she was "the one". I was then asked to write a letter to the donor asking her to be our donor. We did that and received an email back to say she had agreed.

When I told CFC, they told me that we choose the donor, they don't choose us, only agreeing to the timing. When I received the invoice, it was a lot higher than I expected. The donor needed to travel and her total costs nearly doubled the invoice. So, I stepped back and chose a donor through EDSA that we are we are so so happy with and am pleased we took the path we have.

Some people have shown concern at the fact EDSA is run by CFC but for me, I find that comforting. They work in well together and it is so simple.

I received and email from Kimenthra at EDSA to say our donor did "very well" with her recent donation and ET was done yesterday and she will let me know the results. Hopefully another success story.

Go with what you feel right with as ultimately it is you that has to feel good about what you are doing. The good thing about going to SA is that for a small part of IVF you actually get some control and choice!!!!

Donna xx

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DJSHEARS For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (02-05-2013),wishmeluck  (30-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Helen... Wow, you have certainly gone through the ringer. The ups n downs of ivf. Really wish you had a better result...just doesn't seem fair after giving it your all. You are in my thoughts.
    Donna

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DJSHEARS For This Useful Post:

helenmac  (01-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    laned congratulations on your little man. U will enjoy every moment even the crying and screaming, the whole lot, more so than other women because you have fought so hard to be in this position, a year on and I still tell my little man every day how much I love him and how lucky I am.

Helenmac so sorry to hear of your negative result I thought you had it in the bag after Dr Le Rouxs' comment. You will now feel like a weight has lifted we put ourselves under so much pressure sometimes we don't realise how much and everything is about our IVF cycle, our journey, now you have reached the end you won't recognise yourself.

Jennylee good luck with your next cycle and same to you Makeby hope you both get your +ves

ima bit worried that a doctor has said that polyps don't affect pregnancies, so many doctors say they do, in fact some IVF clinics want you to have a biopsy before starting to cycle to make sure there are none.

wishmeluck I have no idea who sunshine is. Why do they want you to send a letter/email to the donor? Very bizarre. Donors are anonymous and they should know that. If sunshine can't answer the questions they should refer to the donor themselves if that is not possible then you have to question the agency.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JodiW For This Useful Post:

helenmac  (01-05-2013),laned  (03-05-2013),wishmeluck  (30-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ladies, thank you so much for your replies to my query last night. I had a small melt down as I tend to do on this IVF rollercoaster when Dr Wisewedel told me that even anonymous emails were not able to be passed to the donor. I was surprised then why Sunshine Egg Donors would ask you to write such a letter in the first place. I emailed Rikki at Sunshine this morning who has been an absolutely wonderful contact person and she advised that it in no way breaches the regulations and was all above board, and that CFC and Dr Wisewedel specifically are aware of their processes. So, goodness knows what happened but hopefully it's all good to go now. Sorry, I don't seem able to do any returns in this post! ***** DJShears - thanks for your reply. I'm so glad your donor's recent donation was good. It must give you more comfort. When are you heading over? At this stage I'm looking at late July or August. ****Laned - congratulations on the birth of your little boy. You've been such a wonderful inspiration for many of us on the thread and I was so happy to hear your news! **** BB4Me - good luck for your upcoming cycle. ***** Helenmac - so very sorry that your last cycle didn't turn out the way you had hoped. I'm pleased that you seem to have reached some closure. IVF certainly adds to life's pressures and I hope that you and your loved ones have all the joy in the world moving forward. **** Abundance1 - I hope your planning is going well. ****Jennilee67 - lots of similarities in our SA trip. I'm also with Dr Wisewedel and going through Sunshine and also from Perth. I hope your donor screening went well yesterday. **** Missleo - I hope the twins are growing well. Pixel - how are you going? I'm sorry, I've lost where you are up to. **** Makeba - hugs, hugs and more hugs. I hope your FS here can give you some more answers and that you're back in Cape Town in no time. ****Two whites - How are you feeling now? Has the nausea settled at all? **** January - fingers crossed for your donor's test results. ****Big hello to Summershine, Sunny15, Babywish 313, JodiW, Wilson Joy and Jed. So sorry if I've missed some people. This thread has turned incredibly busy. Much baby dust to all who need it Wish xx

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wishmeluck For This Useful Post:

helenmac  (01-05-2013),laned  (03-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI Wish... there are 4 of us all heading over in July (so far!!!). Sunny nicknamed us the 4 Muskateers, so if you are doing July too, we may have to call ourselves Hi5....not sure I could go with the Spice Girls!!! Off the top of my head I couldnt think of groups with 5 in it so better leave that one to Sunny.

Hi everyone else.....Don't forget to keep updating the Roll Call so we can track each other easier!

Luv Donna

15. The Following User Says Thank You to DJSHEARS For This Useful Post:

wishmeluck  (01-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello to all you lovely ladies!

So I have finally received my treatment plan for June cycle with CFC and have now booked flights! So excited.

I was hoping to stay in Camps Bay or Hout Bay for the duration of our stay. Did anyone else stay in either of these locations (or plan to)? I would love to hear from others as to whether you think this might be too far to travel to CFC in Claremont on the mornings that I need to go to the clinic.

Any other recommendations for accomodation options? We are hoping to get a comfy cosy apartment with views of the water.

Libelle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Libelle. Assuming you mean a weekday morning in peak hour it will take you 20-30 minutes from either Camps Bay, Hout Bay or closer to the city. Claremont is a suburb that's pretty easily accessed from everywhere. I wasn't that impressed with Hout Bay (not all that much there...) so if you can afford it Camps Bay would be much better, it's spectacular. Sea Point and Green Point were also great with awesome views and handy to everything. Google maps is a good tool if you need to work out how long it takes to get from one place to another in CT.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Missleo For This Useful Post:

Libelle  (01-05-2013),wishmeluck  (01-05-2013)

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast