Closed Thread
Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    hopeandprayer
    I am sooooo sorry to hear that.... it has really scared me, as per the other ladies on here.... we are planning on CFC, due to all the good things said about them on this website.
    I don't know how you would trust anyone again after that, IVF is hard enough without that happening.
    Can you please tell us who your doctor was? I think we all would like to know. Who did you lodge your complaints with at the clinic, that seems terrible they wouldn't respond for 2 months.

What agency did you go through and what did they say about the situation?
    I think you need to post this information (if your allowed?) I don't know a lot about forums, bit like you, usually read, not post, but feel like its a good thing to share, as if nobody did, we would have the post to read!!
    Thank you again, it would be great if you can post a response so everyone can benefit from your experience, and be more informed.
    Bless you, that is just awful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crystal - yay for a good result. Glad to hear your transfer went well. Hope you got some for the freezer!!
    Allie - I have given up trying to work out symptoms. Each cycle I seem to have different twinges etc. Some of the symptoms in the past have made me think my period is coming, others that I might get a positive result. I have come to the conclusion that I just can't tell!!! I will say though that so far I don't have any symptoms from the Gestone... Good sign, bad sign!?!? Oh except for the sore lumpy bum!!
    January - I am inspired by your positive attitude and the way you have handled the disappointments of your cycle. I so hope for a happy ending for you! Glad you enjoyed Table Mountain too! I was blown away by the view!! I too am looking forward to getting home to my furbaby! I have missed her so much!!
    Sunny - I agree with the other ladies that safari is probably best per-transfer! Sanbona is magical but the game drives are bumpy!!! We went the day after my lining scan and spent three days there. It was a risk re: what might happen on donor front but luckily all went to plan!
    Donna - the clinic mentioned in an email to me before I left that donor was doing well. I left it at that as at the end of the day I couldn't do anything to change the situation. My flights were non-refundable non-changeable so we were coming no matter what!!! I really tried to be chilled about this cycle. That said it does now cross my mind at quiet times the possibility of a negative result. The sometimes slow or lack of communication from clinic here hasn't worried me. It has actually been superior to my clinic in Aust!!
    Anait - the tww has been ok so far. The benefit of being busy and in such an amazing place. So much to do and see! I am sure it is going to be harder once home! Sorry to hear you had probs with your permit. I think the beauracracy here can be a bit hit and miss. Mine came back the same day - in fact so quick I wondered if anyone actually looked at it!!!

H&P - I am so sorry about your awful experience. I agree with the other ladies that counselling sounds like a good idea. Dr M did my scan and Dr H did my transfer at CFC. I found both to be excellent and Dr M is female. Perhaps you could contact one of them regarding your previous visit and to be your Dr for a FET.
    Rainbow- I am taking Prednisolene this cycle and have also used previously. My Dr did not warn me of risks to baby with it.

AFM - mum and I are on the balcony of our Hotel in Century City. We are looking straight out at Table Mountain and the sun is setting over the bay to our right! What more could we ask for!! We checked out the Canal Walk shopping centre this afternoon. Apparently it is biggest shopping centre in Africa. It is huge!! I am not much of a shopper but it was interesting. It has been the most beautiful warm day here, the Mountain is clear and there is barely a cloud in the sky!! I will miss CT!! Mum and I have loved every minute. Just hoping we are taking home some extra baggage tomorrow!!!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BJ04 For This Useful Post:

Anait  (12-07-2013),January  (12-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sootymay.... Just wanted to say to relax about the negative post regarding CFC. For a thousand women that all praise the clinic and one that hates it with a passion I think you would agree that odds are stacked in its favour.

That is not said to dismiss any issues that Hopeandprayer may have experienced.

If you go back on previous posts Hopeandprayer also says that Cape Town was so boring she wanted to come home early whereas most others say there is so much to do and loved Cape Town so I guess it is just about personal preference.

Also, with so many beautiful determined women heading over and so many of them coming back saying how fantastic they were at CFC, I think it would be a bit unfair for us going over this week, month, year, to have our bubble burst and to focus on a one off negative. That won't happen to me. I am going there in full confidence of their ability and ethics.

Even though my first appointment at CFC is not till Wednesday, I am sure, like the majority of others, it will be just fine. Infact, I am looking forward to it.

BJ04... Thanks for the post... I just need to go with the flow and what will be will be. Am getting on that plane and going no matter what the donor scan result is. After all, hey, there is an egg bank and with using donor sperm as well, it's a case of do whatever it takes. Am sure our beautiful donor will be just fine and sending her lots of good wishes for today. Can't wait to follow your BT results.

Gotta go girls... will chat later!

Luv Donna x

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DJSHEARS For This Useful Post:

JodiW  (12-07-2013),Rainbowchaser  (12-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crystal really good news on your transfer, hope they are snuggling in and making themselves at home...

BJ04 I think you're right bureaucracy can be hit and miss, and now that it's all sorted I am in a really calm place and relaxed about everything which is how I wanted to be before I got there so looks like it may have been a good thing.

Sunny... your next to leave hope you have a comfortable and safe flight, not long now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Time to join in publicly ! Firstly thank you to all the who started this forum I hope you know how helpful, valueable and hopefully life changing it is ! I have done 8 full IVF rounds and 1 frozen and finally came to the realisation ( with help from this forum ) that I had to go egg donor route. We leave on the 20th for capetown and still can't quite get my head around it.I don't know why i have been reluctant to share on the forum but some of the recent posts inspired me to ie I would not be going to CT if it weren't for others experiences.
    We have agreed that this is last chance for us , round 10 is it. I have found Cyndi & CFC good so far and would recommend them to anyone else.
    I have had a 6 month break from IVF and it has been a god send.. even though I am 41 I had to take some time out from it. I am nervous about the result of ED but for me I have to know that I tried everything and if I don't have a baby I really tried. I will be putting 2 back in for sure !! I too am being of the thinking that I have to trust them and that they know what they are doing and don't know how my donor is going ..

Anyway here I am and will share any info etc.
    S

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sh72,

Wecome to the forum. It is totally awesome as you would have read. Myself, Sunny and Anait will all be over there the same time so if you would like to catch up with us all at some stage that would be great. None of us have ever met so what a place for that to happen!!

Where are you staying and what are your dates?

Donna x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopeandprayer - I'm sorry for the experience you had. That sounds terrible. I agree with what other ladies have already said to you that perhaps you should find some good counselling to help you through this, if you have not already done so already?

Unfortunately, if you are a very private person - IVF in any form is the most intrusive non private form of treatment there is. In my own personal opinion I believe it is an absolute necessity to share as much information as you can with anybody who is treating you so that they can give you the most up-to-date opportunity to treatment available. So regarding your comments about sharing private information with them, that's absolutely necessary and I imagine would be standard practice with any IVF clinic you deal with in the world?

Your experience is the first overly negative experience I have ever read about the CFC. My own experience with them has been really great and I have found them to be extremely professional in every way.

Sh72 - I've been lurking here for quite a while too, so nice to meet you also. Looks like you will be heading over just before me at the end of this month. All the very best on your journey. I love reading all the wonderful open hearted stories on this forum, I have learnt so very much from everybody on here and I regret not joining in earlier than I did.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rainbowchaser For This Useful Post:

DJSHEARS  (12-07-2013),JodiW  (12-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rainbowchaser...You can meet us too if you like!!!!

Donna x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Donna - that's so sweet of you and I would LOVE that. But I'm not there until next month, so unless you all want to hang around for a loooong holiday, we're probably not going to get the chance to meet face-to-face.

Good luck for Wednesday. I have my fingers and toes crossed for all of us.

Love the friendship and support that this forum provides. Its very very special and I am so very grateful to be able to chat with you all so freely about this process as only our immediate family and closest friends know about what we are doing in South Africa.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rainbow...I thought you were the 20th of this month.....bummer!

D