Closed Thread
Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello BH ladies
    i have been missing for a bit as we have now left CT & have come to Italy to visit family. I'm not Italian, my DH is 2nd generation. My brother & family are in Lucca, so I thought the Italian Summer would be a fab distraction during our wait. We aren't quite sure how to actually ask for a blood test to test the HCG level yet
    I have an Italian translator on the iPad so that will surely come in handy!

Reading through the last 4 pages, the ups & downs never cease- the true miracle is the strength that develops in all of along the ivf journey. I remember hearing or reading that some FS said , you will get pregnant with donor eggs- it just takes time. ... Hang in there fellow bub hunters

BB4me & Araline- I am over the moon happy for you both. Gives us all hope

DJShears - I hope you are continuing to enjoy your holiday. We love CT and were really sad to leave. Best wishes for everything to come. You really deserve this time to be your time for a BFP

January - thinking of you guys each day. Keep in touch. Have you worked out when you are going home? Italy is great if you fancy another catch up here x I'm think you are right asking for ' what the heck happened?' we lost so many embies that started off so well. Makes you question what happened in the lab? Maybe- or it could just be down to the fact that human embryos are very fragile when grown in a petri dish. Hugs to you both

Rainbowchaser - welcome Just to let you know, if your donor doesn't produce any eggs or the quality is very poor, CFC have an egg bank. You get the details of the donor and you get to choose. Takes a small part of the worry out of the process.

BJ 04 - Congratulations on your awesome results You are very lucky to be sharing this with your mum- such a special time for you both. Dr H did my transfer this time as well. He & Dr Le Roux are amazing. I can't recommend them both enough. Elaine is the lady who did the ultrasound with Dr Heylen for my transfer They made our visit to CFC this time so wonderful. For a BFP

Crystal - wonderful result for you as well. Congratulations Loads of To you. Hope your wait is relaxing for you.

Abundance & Libelle - It doesn't seem fair & it isnt X I have been there & who knows this may be another time of that for me. Hugs to you both. It is a hard time. We are all thinking of you and are here if you need us

For the ladies in CT and going soon - may the magic of SA being shining on you. Dreams come true...every day

Bonne notte. It's now 11 pm & I should be catching up on my zzzzz.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jennilee67 For This Useful Post:

Araline  (10-07-2013),BJ04  (12-07-2013),January  (10-07-2013),Sunny15  (11-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Abundance - I am so sad it didn't work out for you and feel badly for both you and Libelle. As Jenn mentioned, it just doesn't seem fair at all. I hope they can give you some answers to why it may not have worked. My heart and prayers go out to you both.

I will be away from the boards for the next week or so, but wishing everyone the best in their journeys xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just a real quickie from me....to all the ladies that have been to Sanbona Wildlife Reserve....do you STRONGLY recommend that doing safari at Sanbona, including the trip there and back to Cape Town, be done pre-transfer or is it not that rough that it can be done post transfer?

Oh and just one more question....Acupuncturists....I remember reading of Sarah Newland, but I think there was another suggestion, but I cant remember the name? And which one, if any, is close to the clinic?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Bub Hubbers,

Jennilee67 - Welcome back you have been missed! Thank you for the invite to Italy it sounds great but I think DH and I just want to get back home and re group. We miss our beloved fur baby! Your previous cycle sounds a lot like ours and I am so glad this one for you has gone so well so far. You will make gorgeous parents

Sunny15 - I would be very careful not to book anything too far away from the clinic between ER and ET! We were taking the long way back from Francshhoek (ie a scenic drive through mountain ranges with no mobile coverage). When we were back in mobile range we got a call from the clinic at 11 for a 3 day transfer at 12 DH was flying to get back and I was worried my uterus would fall out Needless to say it was very stressful! We did a safari at Aquila and it was very bumpy in the truck. I don't know if this would affect you after ET. Maybe a question for the clinic.

DJ - We are going to bypass Sydney on the way home and fly directly to Perth now. I can give you a call once we are back and fill you in on all any details you need. Not many sleeps for you

To everyone else. May your dreams come true

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to January For This Useful Post:

DJSHEARS  (10-07-2013),Jennilee67  (11-07-2013),Sunny15  (11-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sunny. Sanbona was a very bumpy ride in the truck...which was a heap of fun because we went pre-transfer but I personally would be freaking out a bit if we had done it after. You are travelling so far and putting so much planning into every single step I don't think it's worth the risk when there are so many other relaxing things you can do.

I saw Vicky Hindmarch for acupuncture which was a 5 min drive from the clinic. She was amazing. She has a website so just google her. She runs a couple of rooms at a time so can always make time to see you last minute which was helpful because I didn't have to book ahead more than the day before.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Missleo For This Useful Post:

Sunny15  (11-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Abundance... So sorry to hear your news. There has to be something going on. Is there some further testing of some sort you can have done? That's a lot of good embryos to not get a pregnancy. Goodness me, you poor thing. Glad that you have an awesome supply of frosties to fall back on. It does my head in with the few that I have had but to have had over 20 embies transferred just breaks my heart for you. Hope you get some answers soon so you can be back on the plane!!

Question...Did anyone get info regarding their donor's scan before they flew out? Our donor is having her scan on Friday and I have asked Cyndi to let me know how she went. Hope I hear something as otherwise it will be the weekend and I won't know anything until I am in CT!!!!

Donna x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

If anyone is looking for accommodation near the clinic for around transfer day, I can highly recommend the Vineyard Spa & Resort in Newlands. It's only a very short drive away from the clinic.

We have a beautiful mountain suite. It is large with a king size bed, lounge room and sun filled private courtyard complete with water feature. Beautiful tranquil gardens with a view of the mountain. A very tranquil relaxing place to be. We slept for 12 hours last night which is unheard of for us. It is also very warm and they even have some pet giant tortoises roaming the garden!

We have pampered ourselves this trip so if all else fails we have great memories of a special place. The food hear is amazing. I have developed a taste for Ostrich!

DJ - I sent an email before we flew out re my donor's first scan and did not get a lot of detail just that she was doing really well. My first appointment at the clinic was when I got more information from the Doctor.

January
    Last edited by January; 10-07-2013 at 20:22.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to January For This Useful Post:

DJSHEARS  (11-07-2013),Sunny15  (11-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Abundance. I'm so sorry to hear your news. I guess the positive side of your story is that you have those frozen embryos sitting in SA - and can return one day when you are ready to give it another go?

Can I ask a question regarding Predislone? My DH and I are keen to give this a try in our CT cycle, I have only ever used clexane before. Has anybody been advised about the potential increased risk in cleft lip or deformities? I have had several miscarriages and would hate to think that one little inclusion might have helped me to achieve a pregnancy. I'm really interested to hear advice any of you might have received from your IVF/Fertility Clinics in Australia about this drug.

I know that my Dr at the CFC does not even believe in NK cells, but I can't get it out of my head that my NK cells (even though only slightly elevated) may well have come into play and ruined my chance at achieving a full term baby in my previous pregnancies.

Really interested to hear some of your feedback here.

I was originally going to do the Intralipid infusion as this is what the CFC had offered, but I am now leaning towards not doing that and trying the predislone???

We are also thinking of going to the Sanbona Wildlife Reserve. I'm hesitant to make a booking for a confirmed date, as concerned that the ER date could change - as well as the proposed 5dt become a 3dt (or less!) I have to be honest and open to all possibilities though - or I would go quite mad thinking about it.

Today at work I realised that this time next month I would be getting ready to go to SA - it scared the living hell out of me. It's like all my hopes and dreams are riding on this - but then also my fear of failure (again). I shouldn't let myself think like that, but unfortunately as many of you wonderful women would also know first hand as well, when you have had as many miscarriages as I have, it's very hard to honestly believe that there is a BFP waiting for you that will turn into a 9 month bundle of joy at the end of all of this.

Sorry for rambling on a bit. I guess I'm just a bit in two minds at the moment... re my NK cells vs the opportunity to have a healthy baby.

Look forward to hearing from any or all of you when you have the opportunity.

RCx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sunny we went to Sanbona whilst we were waiting for our eggs to cook. I wouldn't recommend going after transfer it was pretty rough in sections, I was a little worried it was going to shake my lining off lol

Abundance, ((hugs)) I don't know where you are but here in Sydney, Sydney IVF have a miscarriage clinic that apparently goes right into testing everything to cover all bases. There could be a similar clinic near you. With the amount of donation cycles that you have done, it would be worth doing some more investigation, it could be something really simple like a rouge polyp.

i heard some good news today, the mate who put my on this journey, has been to CT again and come back with a Positive.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JodiW For This Useful Post:

DJSHEARS  (10-07-2013),Sunny15  (11-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

I am just catching up with all your news from the last few days…

Abundance I am so sorry to hear that things haven’t worked out for you xx

January, remember anything is possible, sending you and Crystal and BJ04 and Jennilee lots of babydust, hope the wait passes quickly for you all (although I know it actually drags on and on)

Araline great to hear that all is going well

Welcome Rainbow & welcome Allie really lovely to have you join us

BB4ME what fantastic news am so happy for you, congratulations!!!

Sooty I totally agree with Donna you just know when it’s right, good luck with your searching

Donna, I just had an email from Cyndi re my donor’s first scan today… “she is doing very well so far”… doesn’t really say much does it? oh well next scan Saturday so will find out more next week

AFM – I had trouble with the import permit to SA, the problem is not getting it, it is the time it has been taking for it to come through. I gather there have been some changes to the processing with the dept.of health? There were a couple of days last week when I thought it was all going to go wrong and I would have to a. cancel everything or b. postpone my trip but still have the donor go through ER and freeze the eggs - as you can imagine neither option was good and there was a bit of thankfully with lots of intervention by Cyndi and Dr LR it all sorted itself out. So for anyone who needs an import permit please apply for it as soon as you can just in case…

Otherwise just doing the last bit of running around before flying out on Sunday, I can’t wait… Sunny thank you for your warm welcome, it is so close now till the three of us are there.

Hope I haven’t missed anyone’s news, love and best wishes to you all xx
    Last edited by Anait; 11-07-2013 at 00:22.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Anait For This Useful Post:

January  (11-07-2013)