Closed Thread
Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi to all

January - I know of other ladies that have gotten pregnant with less perfect embryos. We were looking to do DE in Capetown but I got pregnant on my last final cycle over here in Australia. In my instance I am not a high egg grower and we also suffer from MFI. We put the embryos back on day 2 on FS advice rather than growing to day 3 as he thought better in than out. We didnt have confidence that it worked but it did for us.

I hope everyone else is going well.

Crystal best of luck for your transfer tomorrow.

Hi to everyone else xxx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to midnite01 For This Useful Post:

January  (10-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crystal....All the best for tomorrow. Glad things have gone well for you and stress free! So, are you transferring two?

January...Did you speak to the clinic about the eggs and did they have any more answers for you? Hope you are feeling a bit better. It is true though, as much as everyone here wants to make you feel better, the facts are there, Plenty of bubs come from not so great embies. Hoping they are snuggled in nicely.

Let us know how you are doing.

D

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DJSHEARS For This Useful Post:

January  (10-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    January - I have a friend who was in exactly the same situation as you. She cried as I had just found out I was pregnant (I miscarried about 4 weeks later) and she gave birth to her three day transfer (which was if low quality) on January 3! So hang in there.

also - go and get yourself some acupuncture if its not to stressful finding somebody over there? You should also try to get some bromelain into you... Which is found naturally in pineapple core. You have it for 5 days from your transfer and it helps with implantation. So if there is a boost juice or equivalent in CT have a pineapple juice (make sure they blitz the core though - cause that's the potent part)

hopefully we will read some positive news from you in the next couple of weeks.

my biggest fear is arriving in CT to no eggs or poor quality ones... And you know what... That's something none of us can control. Lucky we have each other via this forum for support.

Xxxxx

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rainbowchaser For This Useful Post:

BJ04  (09-07-2013),January  (10-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    January - Oh hun, I can hear your pain. DO NOT DESPAIR....as everyone has said before me, there is hope....if you have time, read some of the stories from the beginning of this thread, as there have been stories like yours. I even think Laned had a similar experience to yours (sorry Laned if I have you mixed up with someone else) and she now has her boy with her. Thinking of you.

AllieOop - What a beautiful post....thankyou. Please hang around and let us know how you go.

Net
    - I also had the issue that my FS did not want to be involved AT ALL and as you know my clinic here in Cairns has links to WA. However, my GP was more than willing to assist, in fact, was quite excited about it. I agree with JodiW...see if you can find another female GP....I had a similar experience here, one GP didn't really want to be involved and another did at the same clinic...I have since found out that the first one I approached was planning on leaving anyway, so I was happy with the result.

Crystal - Good luck for tomorrow.
    DJ - Not long now for us....I will be seeing you next week!!

Sooty - I think DJ had an experience with Sunshine....wish I could advise, but I went through EDSA...I would have gone through any agency to get our donor!! On another matter, I whole heartedly agree with your sentiments on any newbies/lurkers reading this thread from #1...the information is TOO valuable to miss...plus, at one stage I went through the 'stats' and, at that stage, out of 19 girls that had been to SA, 13 or 14 had BFPs, which is pretty much on the mark for their 70% success rate....I think at the time I 'calculated', Missleo was the last confirmed BFP.

Araline - Congrats again.....you must be on cloud 9.

Rainbow - Good idea...acupuncture is the best for relaxation.
    Last edited by Sunny15; 09-07-2013 at 19:28.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sunny15 For This Useful Post:

AllieOop  (09-07-2013),Araline  (10-07-2013),January  (10-07-2013),sootymay  (09-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sooty...Sunshine Agency were lovely. Very responsive, great communication but it was just too expensive to travel the donor we wanted with them to Cape Town etc. So we went with EDSA and I am thankful we did. Totally love our donor... she is perfect for us. Also I love the connection between CFC and EDSA....Kimenthra at EDSA is so lovely. It was just meant to be. You will know when it is right as you just get that warm n fuzzy feeling!

Donna

10. The Following User Says Thank You to DJSHEARS For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (09-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

We only arrived back from Europe last night and I had preg test today. Unfortunately it was negative. We're Still coming to terms with it. We transferred 2 and We have 8 frosties so we may go back Over. Only time will tell. Its really such a gamble as apparently we had the best quality embryos but it doesn't mean they will take. Starting to wonder if my body is the issue as we have now had 2 donors, transferred over 20 double A Grade embryos with no pregnancy. Just wish there were some answers to help me move forward.
    Libelle my thoughts are with you and I hope you have some frosties too.
    Araline, congratulations. wonderful news.
    Thinking of all the girls cycling and in the 2WW. Bring on the positive preg tests

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi - I have gone back and read all the posts I missed in the scramble to get ready for my trip. So much has happened and it is great to see this thread thriving!!

Laned - I agree with the ladies who have already commented - pls don't leave this forum. I certainly took no offence from anything you said.

January - I am so sorry to hear that things are not going well for you but don't give up hope! I have read many many stories of poor embryos going on to healthy babies! You never know. There are many stories on ivf threads of great day 5 blasts resulting in BFNs and just as many stories of seemingly poor embryos leading to successful BFPs! I remember reading one story early on in my journey of a couple who only had one poor quality embryo resulting from a cycle. In conjunction with Dr they decided not to transfer it and went home. I can't remember if it was the wife or husband that then changed their mind and rang the clinic. Fortunately the embryo had not yet been discarded and they went in and had the transfer. That poor misshapen embryo is now their strapping son!!!

I have my fingers crossed for you.

Crystal - sorry to hear your journey has been a bumpy one but it sounds like things are going well now. Good luck for your transfer tomorrow!! Isn't the weather in CT gorgeous today and the mountain is out in all its glory!

Allie - welcome! Congratulations on your wedding and fingers crossed for a BFP!

Rainbow and Anait - welcome also!

Sooty - welcome to you too. Great to see so many people joining the conversation.

Araline - congratulations on your pregnancy!

BB4me - congratulations to you too! Love seeing these BFPs.

Libelle - I am so sorry to hear your news. I think in some ways a chemical is harder to take than an outright negative. I am glad to hear you have some frosties!

abundance - I just saw your post and I am so sorry to hear your news. It does sound like some further investigation would be a good idea. Glad you have such a lovely store in the freezer as a plan b.

To anyone else I have missed - hello and best wishes for whatever stage of this journey you are at!

AFM - had my transfer yesterday. I have been so fortunate to have an amazing result so far. Dr H ended up doing my transfer and he said the result was excellent and agreed with me to only transfer one. I know this reduces my chances but I just have to accept that as multiples would be too much of a stretch for me financially. I received an email from the lab today advising that nine have been frozen!! I was gobsmacked when I read this!! Oh and I didn't catch her name (I still have a bit of trouble with the accent here) but Dr H's assistant is so lovely!!! The sweetest lady!!

Having a quiet day today before more sightseeing on our last two days. Can't believe our time here is coming to an end. Mum and I have loved every minute in this beautiful country!!

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BJ04 For This Useful Post:

AllieOop  (09-07-2013),Anait  (10-07-2013),Araline  (10-07-2013),January  (10-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Abundance1, I am so so sorry - that is heartbreaking news. Excuse me for asking if this is a silly question, but have you investigated this beyond the typical IF issues? It seems unfair, unjust and just plain wrong. I'll be thinking of you today.

Your attitude, btw, is remarkably generous and kind - thank you for that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks, everyone, for that warm welcome – I really appreciate it.

January – I hope you’re feeling better and you’re able to enjoy yourself a little bit. While we were there my new husband and I tried to hit as many of the top restaurants as we could – it was so much cheaper than home!! So, if all has failed at least we got to eat like gluttons Rainbowchaser’s idea about acupuncture’s a good one – I took the recommendation of some here and saw Sarah Hewland after my transfer. Her power was out so it was pretty cold in her house but it was clear that she knew what she was doing. Rainbowchaser – the idea of arriving to no eggs haunted me, too.Terrifying stuff.

Sootymay – How’s the donor search going? I agree that it’s wonderfully informative to read all the posts from the start. I began last fall, when it was clear that my OE were not going to work, but I wasn’t quite ready to commit to the process. I actually found a donor we really liked back in October but we weren’t quite ready. She donated again in the spring,and we were given the option of securing her, but work and our wedding meant that the timing was just too tight. I was very disappointed because I didn’t think she’d donate a third time but I thought, well, if she decides to do a third that’ll be fate. Lo and behold, she did and the timing was perfect. Now I just have to get a bfp tomorrow! Ugh. Torture. I’m analysing every twinge and burn and twisty feeling, Googling everything and driving myself mad. Scared to be hopeful but hoping that it’s worked – after so many disappointments it’s hard to believe it can happen.

Araline – Congratulations!! Stories like yours are what keep me going. How are you feeling?

Crystal– Great news with those embies! I found that when I would get those lab calls my heart would do its best to leap out of my chest – ugh. Hope you have a great safari.

BJ04 – Holy moly – 9 frosties!!??? WOW –that’s some kind of backup! I hear you on the fear of twins – it’s second only to my fear of not getting a positive. We did put in two, though, given how far we had to go. We have 4 in the freezer so that is some comfort – not as much as 9 must be though, hahaha! Well done and good luck!

Everyone who got both the bfps and the bfns– did you have weird twisty feelings and cramps but not period cramps during the wait? I’m trying to figure out what I should put down to progesterone and what might be a hopeful sign… unless ALL of it could be put down to the progesterone.Sigh. It’s my first time with the needles rather than the pessaries so I’m not sure if that’s what’s responsible for what feels slightly different down there –some burning. Gah, it’s probably indigestion…
    Last edited by AllieOop; 10-07-2013 at 00:02.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AllieOop For This Useful Post:

Araline  (10-07-2013),January  (10-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello beautiful courageous ladies,

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement and stories. It has restored some hope. I am so lucky to have found you all

Abundance1 - I am so sorry it has not worked out for you this time and I hope you get some answers. It's just not fair!

Crystal - Good luck tomorrow. I had Dr D do my transfer and he was lovely and took great care with the procedure so I am confident that won't be the reason my cycle fails

DJ - I have no answers yet! I spent the day enjoying myself with DH, it was a spectacular day and we caught the cable car up table mountain. I will fire off an email to the clinic and hope to get some answers. Was it a Sperm issue? Egg issue? Deep down I think I will never really know.

With a predicted egg collection of 20+ then 12 fertilize and to be left with 2 poor quality embryos on day 3 I really need some answers before we attempt this again!

AlliOop - I had a lot of cramping during my last ivf cycle. When I asked the nurse she said it was difficult to tell as it could be a positive result or the progesterone pessaries. Sorry that's really not much help

BJ04 - What a great cycle result. Good luck

Midnite01 & Rainbowchaser - thank you for your stories! When I was lying on the bed before transfer I was thinking "What's the point"! But you never know!

Araline - look after yourself, Micky and Minnie. I didn't get any kind of grading either and was just told they were the only ones developing normally but weren't that great!

DJ, Sunny & Anait - your next

Apologies if I have missed anyone I should really have taken notes. I probably should start a spreadsheet to keep up to date

Good night all
    Last edited by January; 10-07-2013 at 02:05.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to January For This Useful Post:

Araline  (10-07-2013)