Closed Thread
Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls, just got a call from Dr.Helen and we got 13 mature eggs which is fantastic!! He said we'd get a call tomorrow for the fertilisation report and he said it will likely be a 5 day transfer... I am so relieved and happy they went the extra mile :thumbup:

I'll be back later to check on everyone else

2. The Following User Says Thank You to crystal4431 For This Useful Post:

Missleo  (05-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dr Helen.....stupid auto correct I meant Dr. Heylen

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello beautiful ladies,

No updates except everything is going as it should so far

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crystal - that's fantastic news after all that - I've never heard of that either and would have felt the same. Good luck for transfer today and to Jennialee as well

Isn't it amazing how they can do that, stop and give more meds to develop the eggs further. To the other 2 ladies, I agree, I cant imagine Australian docs doing that, here they would probably charge you additional costs for the procedure again. They do sound very proactive over there, along with all the scans & pre-cycle tests they require from us, the prog injections, infusions etc!!... I'm sure 1/2 those scans etc, I never had here over 3 years & 2 clinics worth of treatment.

Araline - CONGRATULATIONS....enjoy this special time, wonderful news. Did you transfer 1 or 2?

January - thank you so much for updating the register/summary. I'm not sure how you manage to do it and keep up with everyone?! I wondered if everyone would be willing to share if they transferred 1 or 2 embryos so we can maybe see how many successful cycles are from 1 or 2 been transferred?

I guess we all go through it, desperate to maximise our chances of a pregnancy, the financial investment, energy, juggling work commitments, emotions etc etc etc! and just longing to move forward onto the wonder of pregnancy, and then the joy of a child itself - but also very aware of the potential risks with twins and then the additional financial costs. I think we may end up transferring 2 if we have the chance, but we are also not sure how we would cope with two precious screaming/sleeping bundles of joy - ha ha. I hope its ok to throw this out there on this forum, or should it be posted somewhere else? Still getting used to how you use these.

Thanks again everyone. I'm slowly getting a bit addicted to this site, which is VERY time consuming, yet invaluable to us all.

Sorry if I've missed anyone, I don't really know how to remember everyone's names, went back to the previous page and lost my original post....errgh

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sootymay For This Useful Post:

Araline  (10-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crystal......FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!! That's an awesome number. Looking forward to hearing how fertilisation goes...keep us updated!

January...Thinking of you and waiting to hear how things are going when you have some news.

Sootymay...In regards to 1 or 2 embryos being transferred, well, for me, if it is possible, we would love to have 2 day 5 blasts transferred. In a perfect scenario that would be our hope. MY previous FS here would only go to day 3 with donor eggs unless you had huge numbers. Our donor here had 8 eggs, 5 fertilised. One was transferred on day 3 and also on day 3 they froze 2 of them. They grew the other for a couple more days but discarded it as it was not right and missing cells. So we went from 8 eggs to 4 embies. The FS said it was too risky to take them to day 5.... we had no say in it at all but also trusted his judgement (stupid us). We had a 12 w m/c, a blighted ovum, and a BFN and have one still stored and to be honest we aren't even considering it. Not sure how they grade them in SA but will ask when we get there. Our clinic here gave us no information regarding that. I couldn't even tell you how many cells our frosty had before freezing. So for us...we can only but dream of transferring 2 day 5 blasts!!!

Countdown is on for us next 3 girls.....less than a week to go!

Donna

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Donna - I am so sorry to read your news about your FIL. As if you guys didn't have enough stress! My thoughts are with you all. Hopefully, you will be able to give him some wonderful news very shortly. X

Araline - I am so excited for you. May you have a happy, safe and healthy pregnancy. Can't wait to hear the news as to whether there is one or two in there. X

Crystal - wow, you have really had to endure a stressful few days and my heart goes out to you. I would have been a wreck. So pleased things have worked out well. What a wonderful result in the end for your fertility rates.

Jennilee - you go girl. Absolutely fantastic news about your harvest. May this time you be blessed with the African magic.

To all other Saffaland warriors xxx.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

Araline  (10-07-2013),DJSHEARS  (06-07-2013),Jennilee67  (10-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg it's taken me all day to catch up with you all. I did try and reply a few times but I was having trouble with posting.

Libelle i was so sorry to hear of your result, take some time out but don't give up your turn will come.

Donna congrats on your decision, donor sperm, donor eggs it makes no difference as long as you have your bundle at the end. I was sorry to hear about your partners father, I hope he beats it again. Not long to go now, who hoo.

Crystal shame you had a little scare getting there but how awesome was your end result

Sootymay, I'm glad we inspired you, that was my whole objective when I started this thread. Welcome and good luck with your journey.

January 5 positive 5 negatives and 4 unknowns couldn't be more balanced could it lol. I'm sure once the June and July peeps are added it will be way out of balance in favour of positives.

To those in CT at the moment I hope you enjoy yourselves and come back with a big fat positives

to those who are in their 2ww I can't wait to see you upgraded on the list and I'm sending you sticky vibes.

AFM my donor is away at the moment and Dr Le Roux is or is about to be as well, my donor gets back end of July and she will then go in for her testing etc, we don't expect any problems due to her previous donations there will be plenty of time for her to start the cycle ready for our trip in September. I still need to get car hire and travel insurance but that can wait a week or two. Baby dust to all

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is my 3rd time attempting to post this HaHa got out fertilisation report back, they retrieved 13 eggs, 10 were injected and 6 fertilised. I wonder if the other 3 weren't ok to inject? So we have 6 !!!! After all the drama of the week I'm hoping the rest will go easy we get another report on Monday

Hoping everyone is well !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Sootymay - I think that most recipients opt for 2 5 day blasts if possible but it is totally your choice. Obviously the chance of twins increases. If no one objects when I do the updates I will add this information to the roll call if known.

Jennilee - sending you lots of sticky vibes It was fantastic to spend yesterday afternoon with you both. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Crystal - that is fantastic news you must be so relieved after the ups and downs of the past week.

AFM - we got our update from the clinic. It was hard to hear as we were in a pub watching the Wallabies play. Don't know how many they retrieved but they injected 13 and 12 fertilized so we are ecstatic

To everyone else - all the best with your plans

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you girls for your opinion, It is personal but great to know what others think, thank you. Heres hoping that SA will be different for us all and we get great results. Fingers crossed!

Great news Crystal4431 and January with fertilisation results.

We are going to try and select a donor today, so we can start moving forward. DH is off to China in October, so want to try and have organised before then if we can. I really want to use Gift ov Life agency - their communication is second to none, very personal, immediate responses, just lovely lovely ladies, soooo hoping we can find a donor through them. Good news re. communication with the doctors; Dr Heylen, he just responded to an email and its about 10pm SA time, I think that has sealed the deal, and we may go with him (or Dr LRoux ...that I have heard is good at getting back to you as well).
    Last edited by sootymay; 07-07-2013 at 07:04.