Closed Thread
Page 33 of 44 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Great news January.....thinking of you and can't wait to get the update from you girls. Have a great time! Donna

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DJSHEARS For This Useful Post:

January  (03-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We went to the clinic, gave them Mark's sample and I got my injection of progesterone. We came back and decided to go to the lion sanctuary to wait for the phone call. We were getting ready to leave and the doctor called, they began the retrieval and aspirated 5 follies and realized the eggs were still not matured.

The doctor stopped the retrieval, I was nearly having an effing panic attack while he was telling me. I mean seriously I have always had my cycles cancelled at this point so I of course was terrified. I really just wanted to cry

Anyway, he said he realized the problem straight away and instead of aspirating all of the follicles and hope for a few mature eggs he decided to go ahead and trigger again tonight and give her a small amount of lupron today and tomorrow to hold the eggs in the follies until Friday. I asked him if he thought this would do the trick and he said yes, she just wasn't ready yet.

Also, he told me not to worry about numbers because they counted 15+ follies on her left side and they hadn't touched that ovary plus there were still follies on the right side to be aspirated.

Absolute worst case scenerio if this were a total disaster on Friday then I will get eggs from the egg bank so something will happen Friday regardless.

Has anyone heard of this happening before, should I just prepare myself for using the egg bank? What do you ladies think?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

I have been too nervous to write anything for the last week as I have been in limbo anxiously waiting for hcg results. There is some good news and it looks like miracles can happen!
    As of the 3rd BT I am currently 4 weeks and a few days pregnant .

It's still early though so I am still being very cautious especially as I am in the high risk category - but I am SO very very happy and still in shock too. After years of IVF cycles using my own eggs, this is the 1st ever BFP for me.

Thank you from my heart to everyone who sent baby dust, their support and positive messages my way, it meant so much to me. I don't know where I would have been without you all during the last few weeks. Thank you!

To everyone going through this uncertain roller coaster my best piece of advice is - if the egg number or the quality aren't what you hoped they would be, never give up as miracles can happen.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Araline For This Useful Post:

BJ04  (08-07-2013),January  (05-07-2013),JodiW  (06-07-2013),Missleo  (04-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have so much to catch up on and it's so exciting with so many of you in Cape Town and getting ready to travel.

Crystal - You poor thing! What a crazy roller coaster for you. My fingers are crossed that the eggs have a growth spurt and will be strong and healthy for transfer. 15+ follicles on the left side alone sounds like a great number though! I'm sure there will be a few good ones there. I remember my FS telling me if my donor didn't produce any good eggs, they had a very healthy egg bank and would be able to supply me with profiles etc to choose. It didn't seem like such a bad last resort option. Fingers crossed it won't come to that though. Hang in there!

BB4Mem, Abundance1 - You are in my thoughts each day and I hope you are all ok and wishing you an abundance of baby dust. I really hope it all works out well for you.

Libelle - You have also been in my thoughts and prayers, especially this last week.

Happyheart - I used just 1 medi-ice pack for the Lucrin. I repacked the tiny bottle into a tiny plastic container and then both into a larger plastic box. My chemist gave me 2 bags which were lined with insulation foil to help keep the cold in. I was advised by my travel agent to make sure I put all medications in hand luggage. I got a letter from my GP listing all medications, but was never asked for it or questioned about meds.

If at worst you need to take the POI injections and do them yourself, I promise you it's not too bad. This is from a total chicken! The Arnica oil which CFC recommended really does help.

Jennilee - Congratulation on the egg retrieval. May you have many strong healthy embryos that can't wait to snuggle into their new home.

January - Good luck with your egg pick up on Friday, it sounds very promising!

Sunny, BJO4, DJ Shears and Anait - I know you are all going to have a fantastic time in CT! The shark diving and safaris sound amazing. Best of luck with all the preparations.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Araline For This Useful Post:

Anait  (04-07-2013),BJ04  (08-07-2013),Jennilee67  (05-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Araline,

Congratulations, I am so excited for you! You have been in my thoughts and this is fantastic news

Crystal,

I have never heard of this before, but I am certainly not an expert in the field. Hopefully everything will go to plan on Friday. It was only today that we had the conversation at CFC about the egg bank as it is an option on the consent form. You probably wont need it but it's good to know you have that option if things go pear shaped!

I really hope this is just a small hiccup and you get lots of great eggs on Friday

Our egg retrieval is Friday as well

Good night everyone
    Last edited by January; 05-07-2013 at 04:49.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to January For This Useful Post:

Araline  (04-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi JodiW
    I think it was me a little while ago, thanks for the explanation, I agree. And a BIG thank you for starting this thread, I found it by accident one day when I was researching donor eggs in Thailand, where I was pretty sure we would go, due to the cost. However, then I found a print out (in my not so good filing system) on Cape Town Fertility prices (from when I was emailing the world!... all the different countries to research) and realised it was cheaper than Thailand, only the flights were more. This forum is AMAZING... I have never joined forums and think it is wonderful all the information on here. I have a note book full of hotel recommendations, doctors, agencies, things to do from all you wonderful ladies thank you !

We are just in the middle of getting a personal loan to go to SA. Then we are ready to select a donor and will go through Cape Town Fertility. I wanted to share with you all that Gift ov Life donor agency has been fantastic. They reply to my emails immediately (factoring in the time difference) and I have asked soooooo many questions. I have even brought it up with them about the feelings about the lack of communication with CFC and got a response straight away. I have found the same, with Cindi and Dr W.... who may be on hol's but I haven't rec'd a acknowledgment of that. They recommend Dr H and Dr LR, so I think I will go with them.

I am terrified of it not working too. We've got 30k on credit card debt and about to take out 20k p/loan to do this. I've read so many wonderful success stories and then not some. Once again, its pot luck, or so it seems. I met a lady that is 5 months pregnant from donor eggs in Thailand and her FS said to her "you will get pregnant with donor eggs, if not the first time, by the 3rd" which was exciting, but I still feel apphrensive, and am too scared to hope and dream too much... its my way of protecting myself. JodiW you are right, way back on the last thread/forum (not sure what you call it) where you said, treat it as a holiday, enjoy the trip - and SA sounds amazing.

Thank you everyone for all your tips, thoughts, etc. Enough from me, I have spent so many hours, to catch up to the end of this forum, I still have 5 pages to go, and I have been up till 2 in the morning reading it, then up again at 5am to research it all. I must go to work, or I'll be late... again!

We are planning on going over within 3 months, so by end October latest, hopefully if we can find a donor we like and line everything up. I too have asked about additional tests if we pay for them, and Gift ov Life has said that is no problem at all to do.

Anyways, sorry for the big long rant, good luck to everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crystal....I am sure you are worried but you are in the right place and in great hands. Much better to have the FS not "hope" for some mature eggs but to put processes in place to develop them. It sounds so much more controlled. I bet over here they would just proceed and say the eggs were no good. Am sure you will have some great news to share with us on Friday! Your poor donor has to have 2 procedures, bless her!
    So, Friday is the day!
    We are all back here cheering you girls on over there. You are all in our hearts and we are awaiting super news!!!
    Donna xx

12. The Following User Says Thank You to DJSHEARS For This Useful Post:

January  (05-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Araline that's wonderful news I am so so happy for you!!!!

January and Crystal best wishes for your ER on Friday, Crystal thankfully the doctor had the good sense to put a hold on things and give those little eggs time to grow, will be thinking of you over the next few days and sending lots of your way

Jennilee67 great news about your retrieval and best wishes for your transfer

Sunny would be great to meet up in SA, not long now...

Sootymay welcome, I am also new to this and these women are truly awesome

xx

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anait For This Useful Post:

Araline  (05-07-2013),January  (05-07-2013),sootymay  (05-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crystal- please try not to worry. Our donor was triggered twice as the dr scanned her 3 times and the follicles were too small. Doctors in SA will try extra things... We ended up with a bumper crop, I'm sure you will too.

Araline- congratulations. Saffaland Magic has worked for you & I am very happy for you. Enjoy being pregnant

Donna- thank you for your support. Hope your plans are coming along nicely for you.

Anait- thank you for your best wishes. Best of luck for your planning

AFM- our transfer is on Saturday and we are very lucky to have good looking embryos so far.

babydust to everyone BH is playing up for

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Jennilee67 For This Useful Post:

Araline  (05-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DONOR SEARCHING
    Net3811
    Sootymay

DONOR SELECTED

DONOR CONTRACT (signed by both parties)

TREATMENT CYCLE

Jennilee67 (Cape Town - ET 6 July)

BJ04 (Cape Town - ET 8 July)
    Crystal4431 (Cape Town - ET 8 July)
    January (Cape Town - ET 10 July)
    Anait (Cape Town - ET 22 July)

Sunny15 (Cape Town - ET 24 July)

DJShears (Cape Town - ET 24 July)

Chrisseytree (Cape Town - ET ? Aug)
    Wishmeluck (Cape Town - ET 14 Aug)
    Happyheart1 (Cape Town - 17 Aug)

Pixel (Cape Town - ET ? Sep)
    JodiW (Cape Town - ET ? Sep)

2WW - WAITING FOR BFP

BB4Me (June)
    Abundance1 (June)

BFP
    Araline
    TwoWhites
    Missleo (twins)
    Nicole72 (twins)
    SVD (twins)

GRADUATES
    Laned (boy)
    JodiW (boy)
    Smika (girl)
    Chascabear
    Theresa68 (girl)
    WilsonJoy (twin boys)
    Jed (boy & girl)

SummerShine (boy)

Last edited by January; 05-07-2013 at 04:58.