Closed Thread
Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    JENNILEE.....CRYSTAL.....JANUARY

BIGGEST HUGS to you all. Sending you lots of good wishes for your upcoming cycles. Keep us updated!

Luv Donna

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DJSHEARS For This Useful Post:

January  (25-06-2013),Jennilee67  (25-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, I am home safe and sound, have got a touch of the flu from the flight back which was packed and too uncomfortable to sleep. Got the blood test form from my aussie FS however and this is where I am hoping you can help me out, how many days after the day5 transfer does the test get done?

It's not on my treatment plan, Cyndi hasn't reponded to my email yet (she was off sick all last week), and I have had two different dates given by the aussie clinic receptionists when I phoned them. Do you have to allow for the time delay between SA and Australia?

Is your body temperature meant to rise if you are pregnant?

Congrats on a boy and girl MissLeo.
    The birdpark on the blue bus route was really good for those looking for somewhere to go. Also I was advised to phone the table mountain cable cars before going as they don't operate if the wind speed is too high.
    Looking forward to hearing good news Araline and good wishes for the next group to go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi BB4me - welcome home :-)
    The blood test for 5 day blastocyst transfer is generally 9 days after transfer so the day your period would be due. Everything crossed for you.

Baby dust to everyone

Wish

5. The Following User Says Thank You to wishmeluck For This Useful Post:

BB4Me  (27-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    A huge hello to everyone!

Well we are back from CT and had the most amazing holiday ever! We seriously loved it. Its been said before, and I couldnt agree more, its a magical place. We stayed in an apartment in Camps Bay which is beautiful and were blessed with mostly sunny days.

After we were done at the clinic we took off to a farm stay in Wellington just outside CT for a few days (which I highly recommend) before heading down Route 62, stopping for a 'safari' in Sanbona for a night (unbelievably great!) then down to Kynsna before returning to Franschoek for the last few days - beautiful. All so relaxing, wonderful food and experiences and the hospitality is second to none. (If anyone wants some recommendations let me know - there are some great winter specials at the moment).

Sorry for no updates while I was there. My husband did not want me to obsess too much over things while they were happening and rather just wait to see what happened before sharing my story.

So here it is. Our donor produced 10 eggs, 9 of which were ok to inseminate. 7 of those fertilised and 5 made it to blastocyst. We were over the moon! My own embryos always fragmented badly before transfer and I never had any frozen embryos.

We had 2 blastocysts transferred on 11 June and the other 3 were frozen on day 6. We did experience quite a bit of frustration with the lack of communication from the lab throughout, as I think Araline mentioned, so those who are going over be sure to be assertive and a little pushy if you have to.

So after a relaxing time and a short road trip after transfer we fly home to Australia stopping in Perth for two days. Turns out my BT was due to be done on 21st which was the day I was due to fly home to Melbourne. This caused a bit of panic trying to find a lab that would accept my Melbourne lab request form and turn the test around in time for me to get the results before I boarded the plane. (If the results came back late the time difference would have meant the Melb clinic would be closed by the time we touched down and would have had to wait all weekend for results!!).

So while waiting in the departure lounge at the airport I phoned for my results. Have never been so nervous.

Turns out it was positive! but then, wait for it, I was then told my Hcg levels were very lower - only 47.

I cried most of the flight home having a recollection that levels should be over 100 or else the pregnancy would not be viable.

I emailed Cyndi the results before we fly off and after touching down I received a lovely reassuring email from her telling me that such low levels can still lead to ongoing pregnancies. She said its about the rate of increase so I resolved to be positive about things. I spent a lot of the weekend researching Hcg levels online and found some amazing stories that gave me hope.

So on Monday I repeated the test but the increase was slow - still only 92 by Monday which was 72 hours later!

All the health professionals I have spoken with say it does not look good. I can't believe it might just be a chemical pregnancy or one that miscarries in a few weeks. After everything.....to get so close.

I have been having acupuncture to try and keep my energy levels up. Thankfully I'm not back at work this week so I can try and relax as much as possible. This limbo of not knowing is just painful though.

My next test will be on Thursday.

Has anyone ever had such a low and slowly rising Hcg level which resulted in an ongoing healthy pregnancy?

Not willing to give up on this embryo just yet.

Best of luck to those who are awaiting blood test results. And good luck for all those taking off soon!

Libelle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for the optimistic response Happyheart! I'll hang in there for now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies. After a long day of flying, we have arrived!! We have have been upgraded at the Bay Hotel in Camps Bay- very nice. We have an ocean front room. The ocean is wild though, not quite the same weather as March. Still lovely though.
    Libelle- thinking of you and sending you strength and hugs and
    BB4me- hoping like mad it's a good result
    DJShears- thank you and everyone for the best wishes x good luck with your organizing. We are so good at getting over hurdles these days... Good on you.

Our donor is responding slowly. Her 2nd scan showed about 10-15 follicles at around 12mm. We both have a scan tomorrow, so let's hope all is good. Dr Le Roux said our ER may move from Friday 28th to Saturday or Monday. Who knows...
    anyway, it's great to be on holidays again in CT

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jennilee67 For This Useful Post:

BB4Me  (27-06-2013),laned  (27-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    BB4Me, your Temperature going up looks like a good sign!
    Libelle, congratulations and I hope things go well for you
    January, congrats on how close you are to heading off.
    Jennilee, everything crossed for you.
    I hope everyone else is travelling well.

Thanks everyone who's chimed in, I've found it helpful. Can anyone tell me how the import certificate etc works? I was under the impression medications can only come into the country if there is an Australian prescription for them. Is that correct?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jennilee....Wishing you all the best with your scan and also sending good wishes to your donor.It's such a juggling act, getting this and that right! It will all fall into place for you this time I am sure. It must feel so good to be back. I know I can't wait to get there the first time and after hearing all the wonderful stories about how beautiful it is makes me wish it was this week!! Glad you got the upgrade. How far is that from the clinic? The place I am looking at booking is 12kms. I figured we aren't at the clinic for that much of the time so that would be ok. Big hugs to you. xx

Libelle...Feeling for your struggle. I was always told as long as that HCG keeps on going up. The doubling in 48 hours is "textbook". You relax and stay positive and thinking of you on Thursday.

AFM... Just getting organised!!

Donna x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Libelle fingers crossed for your next test I'm sure it will be doubled again.

Jennilee 10 to 15 follies is a great result, you will hopefully have some great eggs to implant and freeze.

Net3811 I know nothing about the permit side of things for imports or exports but as for meds we can being them into Australia with us, I haven't been stopped at the airport but I carried all my syringes and meds with me as hand luggage, I had a letter with me from CFC just in case I needed to explain what they were etc.

AFM I'm picking up money, tickets and new passports tomorrow, accommodation is paid for just need to hire a car. Waiting for results to come through to GP and have to organise my pelvic scan for next week so we are almost there. Our travel dates are ok with CfC and donor too. Im panicking a bit about what to do with bub on the plane, its a long flight for an active 16 month toddler, he doesnt sit still so its going to be difficult to have him sit on our laps for the whole trip. September seems like months away but its really not

13. The Following User Says Thank You to JodiW For This Useful Post:

Jennilee67  (29-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennilee67 View Post
    Hello ladies. After a long day of flying, we have arrived!! We have have been upgraded at the Bay Hotel in Camps Bay- very nice. We have an ocean front room. The ocean is wild though, not quite the same weather as March. Still lovely though.
    Libelle- thinking of you and sending you strength and hugs and
    BB4me- hoping like mad it's a good result
    DJShears- thank you and everyone for the best wishes x good luck with your organizing. We are so good at getting over hurdles these days... Good on you.

Our donor is responding slowly. Her 2nd scan showed about 10-15 follicles at around 12mm. We both have a scan tomorrow, so let's hope all is good. Dr Le Roux said our ER may move from Friday 28th to Saturday or Monday. Who knows...
    anyway, it's great to be on holidays again in CT
    li

libelle and Bb4me I'm thinking of you both and hoping for a positive.

miss Leo congrats on the boy and girl. I was getting worried when I hadn't heard back from you. That's wonderful news and very exciting.

jennilee best of luck tomorrow and for the rest of your cycle. After what you have been through I hope this time it's your turn.

Well after a rocky start things are going well for us. We had 12 eggs collected, all fertilised and are still going strong. I had intralipid today and met the lovely Dr matebase. We have our transfer tomorrow morning which is very exciting. It was encouraging and comforting meeting her today so I feel I am in good hands.

We are heading out tonight for dinner so I can enjoy my last glass of wine for a while.

For those with kids is recommend Azamare guest house in camps bay. Very family friendly and really great location. Feel free to PM me for any tips.

sending all my baby dust your way

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Abundance1 For This Useful Post:

BB4Me  (27-06-2013),Jennilee67  (29-06-2013),laned  (27-06-2013),Missleo  (27-06-2013)