Closed Thread
Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ct

Thank you for my warm welcome

Jennilee I would love to catch up once your back - we are north of the river - PM me I wish you guys all the best with this trip and whilst im not religious I have started to pray all your dreams come true - bring back a stow away or two

Araline - Dh and I went to CT in feb we choose a 19 year old donor and after 14 eggs collected 11 fertilised only 2 made it to day 5 ..... we are now 22 wks pregnant with twins.... sending you good vibes - try to relax ... a lady once said on this forum" magic happens in Africa" I truly believe this

cheers Nicole

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nicole72 For This Useful Post:

Araline  (24-06-2013),Jennilee67  (23-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't thank you enough for all the good wishes and that has been coming my way, and to all the other ladies here in CT!

Special thanks to laned and Nicole72 for sharing their wonderful personal stories and congratulations on your little boy and twins on the way. It was just what I needed to hear. Pixel, Happyheart, Jennilee, January, BB4Me and everyone who has been sending good wishes this way I wish I could give you all a *hug*

I stupidly spent the 1st part of my transfer day doing the 'what went wrong' train of thinking. I wasn't able to get any information in the end about the quality of the 2 x "pre blasts" from CFC (FS or the Embryologist).

I got back on track and realised how lucky I am - I have 2 lovely little embryos inside, that have hopefully found a home for the next 9 months. As far as I'm concerned these 2 little embryos are perfect! I have been having a wonderful pampered time in CT the last few days and don't want to leave on Wednesday.

Abundance, Libelle, Jennilee have a wonderful time in CT and also for BB4Me I am blowing your way too. I hope all the preparations go smoothly for the July and August ladies. I found suddenly after I booked my flights, the last few weeks just rush by and then your in CT!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Araline For This Useful Post:

BB4Me  (25-06-2013),Jennilee67  (25-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,

I have been so out of touch. Our laptop was in for repair (great timing) and we only got it back on Saturday. I had lots of emails to get through and of course I now have lots of planning to do.

It is only 3 weeks till the big trip and I am so excited!! All I have to do now is sort out accommodation and some touristy things to do with my 9 year old daughter.

I need to get to my GP tomorrow and get a couple of scripts and today I did my passport application (better late than never!).

I did mention on here before a few times that my DP has an absolute fear of flying and is claustrophobic! Last year, I couldn't get him on a Sydney/Melbourne flight so we ended up driving to the Blue Mountains for the weekend! We have a script for Zanex but that just doesn't guarantee that he will be able to do it. His sperm count is not great but with ICSI it is not an issue for Dr W.

As a back up plan we are tonight looking at sperm donors at CFC. That's not bad stress!!!!!! Anyway, if it all comes down to it, one way or another, it really is ok if that is the way it has to be. He has had to deal with my fertility issues so I guess I have to deal with his head issues!!!! Worse case scenario, my daughter and I will be going. Fingers crossed for the right outcome, whatever that may be.

I need to read the previous posts and see where you are all up to. I feel like I have missed so much by not being online!!!!!

Luv Donna x

Thanks
    Reviews

DONOR SEARCHING

DONOR SELECTED

DONOR CONTRACT (signed by both parties)

TREATMENT CYCLE
    Abundance1 (Cape Town - ET 27 June)

Jennilee67 (Cape Town - ET 3 July)
    BJ04 (Cape Town - ET 8 July)
    Crystal4431 (Cape Town - ET 8 July)
    January (Cape Town - ET 10 July)
    Anait (Cape Town - ET 22 July)

Sunny15 (Cape Town - ET 24 July)

DJShears (Cape Town - ET 24 July)

Chrisseytree (Cape Town - ET ? Aug)
    Wishmeluck (Cape Town - ET 14 Aug)
    Happyheart1 (Cape Town - ET ? Aug)

Pixel (Cape Town - ET ? Sep)
    JodiW (Cape Town - ET ? Sep)

2WW - WAITING FOR BFP
    BB4Me (June)
    Araline (June)
    Libelle (June)

BFP
    TwoWhites
    Missleo (twins)
    Nicole72 (twins)
    SVD (twins)

GRADUATES
    Laned (boy)
    JodiW (boy)
    Smika (girl)
    Chascabear
    Theresa68 (girl)
    WilsonJoy (twin boys)
    Jed (twins - boy and girl)

SummerShine (boy)
    Last edited by January; 27-06-2013 at 16:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone

Need a little advice... I am currently waiting on an import permit for SA and wondering (for those who have needed it) how long you had to wait? I have everything else organised and this is the only thing left, as you can imagine I want to get it finalised asap as the last thing I want or need is to be running around a week before I leave finalising couriers and worrying things will go haywire.

Thinking of your Araline, enjoy the next couple of days of pampering and safe trip home, sending lots of to you and the other June girls.

January thanks for adding me to the roll call.

Best wishes to all x

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anait For This Useful Post:

Jennilee67  (25-06-2013),Net3811  (26-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wanted to wish all you beautiful, amazing, strong women all the best over the next few weeks.

Anait... we may catch up over there!!!

Donna

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DJSHEARS For This Useful Post:

January  (25-06-2013),Jennilee67  (25-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So nice to hear from you Nicole. Horrible news about the bad MS, I was a bit worried that was the reason for your absence so glad to hear you are feeling better. I think from memory you were 9 days ahead of me? I'm 20+3 today so that would be about right. I'm so happy for you, can't wait to hear more about your progress.

We had our morphology scan last week and excited to report it looks like we are having a boy and a girl...well 100% on the boy and pretty sure on the girl (she had her legs crossed!). With 2 placentas it is already getting a bit squishy in there so instead of this scan giving us a better look at the little guys everything was a bit harder to see which was a bummer. They were top to tail and he spent a good half an hour kicking her in the head so I hope that's not the shape of things to come haha.

Good luck to the girls about to travel (so many of you in July!!) and baby dust to those already there. Just remember magic happens in SA. X
    Last edited by Missleo; 25-06-2013 at 07:45.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have to apologise, someone sent me a message I saw it through my email but when I went into my bubhub messages to reply to it, it wasn't there.

whoever it was so sorry for the late reply, I can't always get on here though I do get the email updates from bubhub to keep up to speed with everyone.

the reason I said I wouldn't use Baby 2 mom was simply because she came onto this thread spruiking. It made us feel uncomfortable and some felt they could not speak honestly as it was being monitored by that agency.

I felt that it was really bad form and unprofessional and I therefore will not use that agency. It was reported and they were asked to leave. Hope that clears it up for you.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JodiW For This Useful Post:

Missleo  (25-06-2013),sootymay  (04-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning all,

Jennilee - You are probably still in the air as I type. Hope your flight was great and your appointment this week goes well. When DH sorts out our contacts in CT I will message you with details so we can catch up. I think a bit of retail therapy could be on the cards

Missleo - Looks like you have one of each. How wonderful

Nicole72 & Missleo - I will be moving you to the graduate list in a few months

DJHEARS - Hi Donna, has your DH done a fear of flying course? This helps some people overcome their fears. Not long now for the initial Musketeers. Fingers crossed that your DH can make the trip with you. It must be awful for him

Araline - magic happens You can't underestimate the power of young eggs, thinking of you.

Laned - thank you for reminding us of your story. It gives us all hope.

Net3811- My GP was able to do the basics ie. screening bloods and sent me for a pelvic scan as my previous testing was more than a year old.

Happyheart1 - All the best with the planning. You can also do a day safari trip from CT 10am - 3pm. I think it is Inverdoorn. You can book it online when you know you have a free day. I haven't told my parents as I don't want to face any negativity before we go. I know my dad in particular will worry and probably thinks that I am too old even though his mother had her 5th son at the age of 45 many decades ago with no problems.

Anait - hope you get your import permit soon

Crystal4431 - So excited

To everyone else - hope all is going to plan

January (5 sleeps to go)
    Last edited by January; 25-06-2013 at 11:06.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to January For This Useful Post:

Anait  (29-06-2013),Jennilee67  (25-06-2013),Net3811  (26-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies Just popping on quickly to say hi and see where everyone is at!!

Jennilee, Good luck with your appointment this week!!

January, I am soooo excited are you? 4 sleeps to go

DJSears, I was wondering the same thing, if your DH has taken the fear of flying course. I hope he doesn't miss out on your trip

Hope everyone is well

17. The Following User Says Thank You to crystal4431 For This Useful Post:

Jennilee67  (25-06-2013)