Closed Thread
Page 26 of 44 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Abundance1 - Welcome to CT! Hang in there with the communication roller coaster that is sometimes CFC. Good luck with everything and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that there are many healthy embryos ahead!

Anait - You are going to love the Cape Heritage Hotel, it is such a special place. You feel completely pampered here which is what we all need when going through this process. I don't think I want to leave and have become addicted to their Dutch hot chocolate with coconut sugar.

Happyheart - Congratulations on your donor being approved! I chose Singapore Airlines as I have always had a great experience travelling with them. They had a direct flight from Singapore - Capetown, but stopped in Johannesburg for an hour and we remained on the flight.

BB4Me - I hope your embryos are snuggling inside!

Net3811 - Sorry to hear that they are giving you such a hard time with your doctors. When I told my last Aust FS (not current) that I was going to SA for ED, she said "well I hope you don't get HIV from their DE treatment" and she was serious, I couldn't believe it. I've realised even doctors can be ignorant and just plain stupid!

Thank you everyone for all the restaurant tips! My favourite little place so far is in the gourmet food court of the VA area, near where you get the hop on hop off bus. Not sure what it's called, but it's downstairs and located on the far right back corner. They make the most incredible whole grain wraps if you are looking for something delicious and quick. They also have a wonderful juice bar there too.

I went in for my embryo transfer today and drank far too much water. Apparently you only need your bladder full, not bursting! Saw my FS and was shown some photos of the 10 fertilised embryos, they didn't look wonderful. After 5 days none had even reached a full blastocyst stage, with only 2 getting there. Out of 18 eggs collected not a great sign. I have emailed the FS and asked for the official grading and hopefully he will send it to me tomorrow. Transferred 2 little embryos in and I loved the photos they gave of the embryos and the ultrasound scan of what they looked like after transfer.

I went to see Vicky Hindmarch, an acupuncturist afterwards who was simply wonderful. Thank you for the recommendation.

I keep telling myself that miracles can happen and bought some gorgeous modern angel paintings from the art gallery close by for good luck!

Whatever happens next, I am so glad that I came to South Africa on this journey. It has truly been an amazing experience. I have 5 days left in CT and I'm just going to take it easy and continue my sightseeing and holiday pampering.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I heard from Karin over night Dr Le Roux checked over the donors history and said her eggs are great go ahead with her, the negatives were either due to IP issues or shear bad luck, so that was a great result the are also ok with my dates just need to get them my results now

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JodiW For This Useful Post:

Missleo  (21-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies, wow lots to catch up on this thread has been busy...its been hard to log on because my daughter decided to download and went over our 200GB limit It doesn't renew until the 23rd so internet is slooooow.

Can't remember who was asking about flights from Johannasburg to Cape Town but we booked our flight through www.zuji.com.au and are flying Singapore Airlines.

I'm struggling to get my around the fact we will be leaving next Saturday 8 DAYS

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happyheart last time we travelled we booked our flights syd to joburg then used air miles from JoBurg to Cape Town return. Before the joburg check in clerk realised we had booked JoBurg Cape Town by airmiles, we were given the option to go on an earlier flight if we wanted too. So you either have to chose a flight to Cape Town with the minimum travel time, and I recommend this option as you dont have the hassle of collecting baggage then re checking in (correct me if I am wrong ladies) or if you are doing it on the cheap book a flight to JoBurg and a separate return flight to Cape Town on one of SAs airlines. The flights go every hour or two between those cities. Just give it time between landing from your qantas flight to collect baggage and recheckin. I assume from your previous posts that you haven't travelled before so I would suggest you go through a travel agent and tell them you want the shortest travelling time, the flights can differ by several hours because of connections. We have an hour and a half wait between JoBurg and Cape Town which is great

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JodiW For This Useful Post:

Happyheart1  (21-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Araline, on your embryo transfer. I know what it has taken to get this far and the pressure of a 2ww.
    Enjoy the rest of your time in CT and sending lots of baby dust your way

pixel

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Pixel For This Useful Post:

Araline  (24-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default South Africa bound

Hello to all,

Oops I have been missing in action for some time now...... We used Dr Heylen and never once had an issue with contact , if you send him an email outside of working hours he will answer from home... Our egg clinic advised us not to use Dr Wieswdel due to Cyndi's slow response's .....

Sending lots of baby dust to all who are over in beautiful Cape Town - may your dreams come true!

Well we returned in feb from CT with a BFP - twins, my reason for being missing in action was I had serve morning sickness and on a few occasions was even put in hospital due to vomiting... I am now 22 wks and feeling MUCH better
    We cannot thank CFC more for everything they have done for us.

Jennilee - thinking of you hun I have everything crossed!
    Missleo - hows things ?

take care all
    Nicole72
    Last edited by Nicole72; 22-06-2013 at 11:49.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nicole72 For This Useful Post:

Araline  (24-06-2013),Jennilee67  (22-06-2013),JodiW  (06-07-2013),laned  (23-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    YEY Nicole you are back I missed you Wonderful to hear your little ones have now stopped making you feel rotten. Great that you are feeling much better. This forum continues to grow...it's an on-going story book & we are all still supporting each other. Maybe when we get back end of July, we can meet up ? DH & I met up with January and her DH. Lovely couple & we will meet up in CT.

Araline - Good luck with your 2ww Try & relax. I heard laughing is really good for implantation. Will be thinking of you.

Missleo - Off we go again. DH has lost the pin to our 28 degree c/card So I'm not sure what his plan is...leave that one to him. I will keep in touch as we progress.

Everyone else Go Bub Hubbers Go!!

AFM- our donor had her 5 day scan & got a reply that the follicles were too small to count. Of course- I freaked out! I emailed Dr Le Roux & he let me know that there are lots of small ones there, he gave her a booster shot & thinks we should get a good response. Fingers & toes crossed.
    Anyway, I best go & pack & tidy & get things ready to leave.

Best wishes to all

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jennilee67 For This Useful Post:

Araline  (24-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies!!!

Just checking in to say hi I am trying to keep myself busy so time doesn't drag on but I am soooo excited!!'

Quick question, my GP advised to start the prednisolone 10 days before transfer and Clexane and baby aspirin on transfer day. Does this sound right?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crystal- I am taking Clexane & prednisolone. Dr Le Roux has me taking them together only 5 days before transfer, which is 3 july if all goes to plan I have Intralipid on same day as my scan - 26th June
    Not long for us now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Dear Araline, please if anything take some strength from my story. Just like you we had a great number of eggs collected with 14 being harvested, of which 8 fertilised, however by day 5 we only had 3 blastocysts, 1 was very poor quality and discarded, the other 2 were transferred. I was devastated that there were only 2 in the end with nothing to freeze and I feared the worst outcome. Now here I am the very happy mumma of an 8 week old. I just love looking back at the embryo picture knowing it is my little boys first photograph. I truly hope it all works out the same for you. I know it's so hard but try and stay positive. Xx

Nicole - sorry about the MS hope you are otherwise healthy.

Abundance and Jenilee have everything crossed for you.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

Araline  (24-06-2013),Happyheart1  (23-06-2013),Jennilee67  (23-06-2013)