Closed Thread
Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Tomorrow is Father's Day in CT. I told DH he should celebrate it now we have embryos. Took the bandaide off my arm this evening, huge bruise and swelling from the injection point for the intralipid. Not surprised considering I could feel the anaesthetist wiggling it around when he put it in. Congrats Araline on the eggs collected. DH is giving me the POI injections. He's doing a good job, haven't got any bruises from the ones he's done. The one Cyndi gave me hurt for a few days. So glad I don't have to do it myself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good morning everyone,

Great results Araline and BB4Me

This forum is really heating up!!!!

I start Progynova on 20 June and fly out on the 30th

Have a wonderful sunday everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Happyheart. Yes it is very easy to find your way around, CT is quite small for a major city and very well signposted. Given there are 2 mountains right in the middle of the city you either keep them on your right or your left and you can't get lost. Google maps on the iPad works brilliantly. The clinic is the only place that is a bit tricky to find because it is buried in the suburbs. CT is so small virtually everywhere is only 15 mins from Claremont!

The POI injections are done in your backside, or your thigh if you don't have a partner to do it for you (a bit hard to do your bum yourself but can be done). The first one seems daunting but your partner will be a pro by the second one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies hope everyone had a great weekend, I'm on day 3 of progynova and so far so good on the migraine front. I had so many with the Prostap injection I was kind of expecting it to continue on but so far so good

My donor stops her BCP today and has her appointment with Karin tomorrow to get her meds etc. This time has flown by, I can't believe we leave next Saturday!! My DD turns 17 next week..where did that time go?? Anyway, that's giving me something to focus on to make the time pass faster.

Hope everyone had a great weekend and thinking about everyone in Cape Town and sending truckloads of

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Happyheart. We arranged car hire before we left as we arrived late (8pm) in CT. we were able to get premium cover thru AVIS - nil excess and covered driving on a dirt road (check the fine print eg Hertz only covered if you drive on a tarred road. Getting to the safari park involved driving on a section of dirt road).
    with the help of a printout from google maps we had no trouble getting from the airport to our apartment. 1 day car hire was cheaper than getting a transfer/taxi.
    ipad makes navigation easy.
    DH is giving me the POI injections as they are done in the top quarter of your but and you have to relax the muscle and It would be be a bit of a contortion act to do it as you have to either lay down or stand up (not sit) when doing the injection. Cyndi didn't mention being able to do it in the thigh, is this an option?
    The intralipid is not painful. I was going to have a snooze but they want to know if you are feeling any side effects and check your blood pressure a couple of times so bring something to read as it did take awhile. Dr W did say if the pregnancy test is positive then the protocol says I should have another intralipid infusion at that time. Does anyone know if it is done in Australia as I haven't heard it mentioned by FS back home?
    AFM transfer done this morning. 2 transferred, 2 blastocysts and 2 developing so we have embryos to freeze. Public holiday here in CT so have to go back to the clinic before we go to get the medications letter. Also want a proper receipt for tax. Can anyone who got one tell me what needs to be on it?
    Thanks, and good luck everyone.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BB4Me For This Useful Post:

Jennilee67  (18-06-2013),Missleo  (18-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    BB4me congratulations on the transfer and some spares too! Well done :-) Now just waiting for that BFP!

Hello to everyone else 👋

AFM I now have my dates. Due in Cape Town for first lining scan 5 Aug and transfer approx 14 Aug. Donor good to go YAY!!!

Have a great day everyone. Baby dust to everyone 🎇

Thanks
    Reviews

Update:

DONOR SEARCHING

Pixel

DONOR SELECTED

DONOR CONTRACT (signed by both parties)
    Happyheart1
    JodiW

TREATMENT CYCLE
    Araline (Cape Town) June
    Abundance1 (Cape Town) June
    Libelle (Cape Town) June
    Jennilee67 (Cape Town - ET 1 July)
    BJ04 (Cape Town - ET 8 July)
    Crystal4431 (Cape Town - ET 8 July)
    January (Cape Town - ET 10 July)
    Sunny15 (Cape Town - ET 24 July)

DJShears (Cape Town - ET 24 July)
    Chrisseytree (Cape Town) Aug
    Wishmeluck (Cape Town - ET 14 Aug)

2WW - WAITING FOR BFP
    BB4Me (June)

BFP
    TwoWhites
    Missleo (twins)
    Nicole72 (twins)
    SVD (twins)

GRADUATES
    Laned (boy)
    JodiW (boy)
    Smika (girl)
    Chascabear
    Theresa68 (girl)
    WilsonJoy (twin boys)
    Jed (twins - boy and girl)

SummerShine (boy)

Morning all,

BB4Me - awesome result - 2 blasts and some in the freezer !!!

Wish - great news that you are progressing to treatment plan in August, the time will fly

Libelle, Abundance1 & Araline - wishing you all the best and look forward to hearing your news

Hello everyone else, if you would like me to add you or update you on the roll call let me know or you can copy, edit and repost this.

AFM - 12 sleeps till we leave for Cape Town!

Bye for now

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to January For This Useful Post:

Araline  (18-06-2013),BB4Me  (19-06-2013),BJ04  (18-06-2013),Jennilee67  (18-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    BB4Me, Hope the beans are snuggling in and two to freeze is fantastic!!

January, we're leaving on June 29th

My donor has her appointment to go and get her meds today so hoping all goes well and she starts stimming this coming Saturday

11. The Following User Says Thank You to crystal4431 For This Useful Post:

BB4Me  (19-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,
    Congratulations BB4Me on your blastocysts and frosties - great news!

Good luck with everyone who is getting ready for their DE. It seems we'll have a bumper group heading off to Cape Town in July and August. It's so exciting when you get your dates finally.

Happyheart - CT seems like a pretty easy area to navigate. Roads are great and the signage seems pretty organised. I decided not to drive, but I think if I had someone with me I would have preferred to get a car and explore a little more. It's very easy though if your not driving to catch very reasonably priced taxies, I also used the red and blue hop on hop off bus which takes you to the main areas of CT and some of the wineries and did a few half day group tours. The most memorable for me was the gospel church service and township walking tour.

I asked my hotel to organise an airport transfer for me when I arrived, the cost was 350 Rand and well worth it as after a long flight, as the last thing I felt like doing was navigating myself around by myself. The driver helped organise my mobile sim card and couldn't have been more helpful.

With the POI injections, they really are easy to do and I do them myself to the bottom area. I haven't had any pain or bruising from them. You also don't need to do them at a set time each day. I was told the thigh area might be a little more painful. If you are doing it yourself, you don't need to twist very far to see the injection point which is in the top part of the bottom close to the hip. I just shift my weight slightly onto my other leg, so the injectable leg site is relaxed automatically. Actually BB4Me explains it far better than I could! If you have a mirror it makes it even easier.

I travelled Singapore airlines which was also the cheapest flight at the time, so a stop over there could have been possible but I just chose the next possible flight. I think a few other airlines go through different countries depending on the airline. I ended up researching the flights online and found a great fare, then got the flight centre to match it it as I was a bit nervous about booking online. One thing I found out was that some of the initial super cheap fares I was looking at didn't have dates that could be altered later.

Good luck with everything!!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Araline For This Useful Post:

BB4Me  (19-06-2013),BJ04  (21-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations BB4me and Araline

Good luck for everyone heading over soon.

What started out as the 4 musketeers is now the 12+ musketeers

AFM my donor has done her testing last Friday and had an AFC of 22 eggs in total. So they will give her the lowest dose to avoid OHSS. I am very excited for her result now the exciting part getting a schedule and a date to look forward to, at this point it looks like start of September.
    I hope and pray that this cycle is all my dreams come true - l am so ready to move into researching pregnancy and parenthood rather than fertility treatments and to be honest if this cycle is a bust like our last I'm not sure how much more I have got in the "fight"

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Pixel For This Useful Post:

BB4Me  (19-06-2013)