Closed Thread
Page 21 of 44 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Crystal, I wasn't told when my donor started her meds, only communication I had about her was she had been to her appointment and all looks fine to start and then her meds are working well and when I went in for my scan with Dr LR said all looked good and she had x amount of follies.

If you want a specific test just ask they will soon let you know whether it has been done or not.

afm donor selected, contract signed, just waiting for CFC to contact me. In the meantime Im applying for passports, researching accommodation, flights and safari, loved where we went last time but its way too expensive and couples only, any suggestions or recommendations for the other parks? Oh also need to book Speirs again my son will love the bird and cheetah park there. Thought I might still feel a little scared like I was last year when I was having my frostie put in, but am actually excited at the prospect of being harangued by a baby and a toddler. Just need some more September girls to join me xxx
    Last edited by JodiW; 12-06-2013 at 12:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for that girls, I've emailed karin to ask if all was still set to go and to ask when my donor starts stimming. The only reason I want to know really is so I know that she's started her meds, my biggest fear is starting the meds and the donor changes her mind about donating.

Jodi, yahhh for getting your donor booked!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

A question to those who have been to Cape Town before:

Do you think it is ok to fly back the day after Embryo Transfer?

Any advice appreciated.

January

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi January. I was told 2 days of rest which I did. When you are flying all that way for expensive treatment I think its best to leave it another day...give those embies the absolute best shot possible. Having said all that you need flexible flights, my transfer was 2 days later than scheduled so if I had of locked in to travel I would have had all sorts of dramas.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Missleo For This Useful Post:

January  (12-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

For the June mums to be

Libelle, BB4Me, Araline & Abundance1

Thinking of you all and truly hope all is going really well over there xxx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to January For This Useful Post:

BB4Me  (16-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi - just a quick note from me! Less than three weeks till we leave and I am madly looking for accommodation and a couple of tours!

Jodi - Which park did you do your safari in last time?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi BJ04 we stayed at white lion lodge, absolutely beautiful, couples only, most things are included, but pricey, I really recommend it, its almost half price in winter and we had a regular small car to get there we didn't have a 4wd.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Important announcement

Just read a post on Facebook, sorry I don't have time to check its authenticity but I will let you know just in case it is real. If it is real I don't even know if it is in JoBurg, Cape Town, Pretoria or wherever so just read it and keep it in the back of your mind

warning whilst driving in South Africa do not flash your lights at a car who has forgotten to turn his lights on whilst driving, the article said that a gang was using this tactic as initiation into the gang, the Good Samaritan who flashes the gang member driving without lights is to then become the target and is to be killed.

Dont panic, it may be an urban myth I havent heard this before and have only posted this as a just in case, again just keep it at the back of your mind.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to JodiW For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo  (14-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys. Just did a quick Internet search and a bunch of urban legends sites posted overnight that the flashing headlights thing in SA is a hoax (it's an ongoing urban legend for just about every country in the world...there are pages of hits on google). Here is a link to Hoax Slayer - http://www.hoax-slayer.com/flash-lights-hoax.shtml

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Missleo For This Useful Post:

Jennilee67  (14-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi BJ - I don't think anyone has had a bad experience on safari so think you would be safe with any place the others girls have mentioned. We went to Sanbona Game Reserve and although we stayed in the 'glamping' accom which is couples only there is lodge accom which is for families. I'm pretty sure everyone has access to the same areas of the reserve for safari so the experience would be the same. Highly recommended. It's about 3 hrs from CT and you need to be there by midday - you leave your car at the welcome area and they drive you about another 45 minutes into the park. The drive itself is quite spectacular.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Missleo For This Useful Post:

BJ04  (14-06-2013),Happyheart1  (14-06-2013)