Closed Thread
Page 20 of 44 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Net3811, congrats on getting your embryos!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happyheart – I understand your stress. Have been experiencing quite a lot recently myself! To reassure you I didn’t get my treatment plan from the clinic until after my donor passed her tests. I know my contact at the clinic has a message on her emails that says something like – I will answer emails in order of urgency. So maybe this is why you are not hearing at the moment. I have found that the clinic will be in touch when they need to – might not quite be on my schedule – but has been in time to keep things moving along.

Net – I certainly don’t mind you being on this thread and I so glad to hear that you are moving ahead.

Wishmeluck – I responded to your message by email. Hopefully it has made it to you!

Jennilee – Glad to hear things are moving forward for you too! I have heard that it will now be Dr M doing my arrival scan but she is then on leave so a Doc I haven’t heard of is doing my transfer. I am not particularly worried as my transfers have always been drama free and I think I am right in that CFC do ultrasound guided transfers?!?!? I have to say I am looking forward to this as it was always a worry for me that my clinic here didn’t... I can’t remember when you are going to SA. Is it early July?

Crystal – I know that we will be in Cape Town at the same time. I think we have our transfers on the same day! I will be travelling with my mum and we are actually only in CT for 10 days. I would be keen to meet up though if we can make it work.

Donna – I hope your leg is doing better!

Abundance – Almost your time to head off. I am so sorry to hear of your previous losses and have my fingers crossed for you.

Araline, BB4ME, Libelle and anyone else I have missed that is Cape Town bound this month – Good Luck!

AFM – I have had some dramas around importing sperm and delays in booking flights, but fingers crossed, things are looking up. Flights booked and sperm headed to SA on Monday! Can’t believe it is only a little over three weeks till I go! My period was due last week and I could feel it wanted to come and was praying that the pill would hold it off. Looks like it will as I am feeling ok now and stop the OCP on 12th!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BJ04 For This Useful Post:

Abundance1  (11-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happyheart – I understand your stress. Have been experiencing quite a lot recently myself! To reassure you I didn’t get my treatment plan from the clinic until after my donor passed her tests. I know my contact at the clinic has a message on her emails that says something like – I will answer emails in order of urgency. So maybe this is why you are not hearing at the moment. I have found that the clinic will be in touch when they need to – might not quite be on my schedule – but has been in time to keep things moving along.

Net – I certainly don’t mind you being on this thread and I so glad to hear that you are moving ahead.

Wishmeluck – I responded to your message by email. Hopefully it has made it to you!

Jennilee – Glad to hear things are moving forward for you too! I have heard that it will now be Dr M doing my arrival scan but she is then on leave so a Doc I haven’t heard of is doing my transfer. I am not particularly worried as my transfers have always been drama free and I think I am right in that CFC do ultrasound guided transfers?!?!? I have to say I am looking forward to this as it was always a worry for me that my clinic here didn’t... I can’t remember when you are going to SA. Is it early July?

Crystal – I know that we will be in Cape Town at the same time. I think we have our transfers on the same day! I will be travelling with my mum and we are actually only in CT for 10 days. I would be keen to meet up though if we can make it work.

Donna – I hope your leg is doing better!

Abundance – Almost your time to head off. I am so sorry to hear of your previous losses and have my fingers crossed for you.

Araline, BB4ME, Libelle and anyone else I have missed that is Cape Town bound this month – Good Luck!

AFM – I have had some dramas around importing sperm and delays in booking flights, but fingers crossed, things are looking up. Flights booked and sperm headed to SA on Monday! Can’t believe it is only a little over three weeks till I go! My period was due last week and I could feel it wanted to come and was praying that the pill would hold it off. Looks like it will as I am feeling ok now and stop the OCP on 12th!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello lovely ladies,
    Gosh so much happening and so many newcomers!!! Welcome all

I have just returned from 2 weeks in Europe and need to sit down with a pen and paper to work out where everyone is up to so that I can update our ever increasing roll call! It's so very exciting

It is all becoming very real now. Have just spent the last 2 hours researching accommodation. As I have had my treatment plan for some time now I fired off an email to CFC to ensure that all was still in place for our first appointment on July 3.

To those waiting and worrying about when they will receive a treatment plan. I did not get mine until my donor had passed all her testing including AMH (at my request) and her Psych assessment. I told Cyndi what date I would be in Capetown and she worked back from that date. It has all fallen into place perfectly apart from an earlier hiccup with my first chosen donor who had poor
    AMH.

When I have a few spare hours I will read through the thread and get up to speed with all your news.

Have a lovely evening
    Last edited by January; 12-06-2013 at 21:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone. DH and I are in SA. Haven't had a chance to catch up on what's been happening on the thread so I'll just give an update on where we are at. We have done our safari at the Garden Route Game Lodge and can thoroughly recommend it. Have our first appointment tomorrow with Dr W. Have tried to confirm the appointment however have not had any response from Cyndi so are continuing as per the schedule. Had trouble getting a SIM card when we arrived as the shop at the airports system was down and the phone card they sold us wouldn't work so I used the assistants personal phone to call our accommodation so we could get the keys when we arrived. The rental company for the car wanted a phone numb to contact us on plus wanted to know where we were staying for our entire stay and we only have the first week booked. They let us take the car as I gave them our gmail address to contact us on. Have been hassled twice by people wanting money. The second time was scary especially as we were walking back from the VA waterfront in a safe area. He only left us alone when we managed to catch up to a black couple walking in front of us. Well, hopefully should know more tomorrow, off to bed now as it is getting late.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,
    Good luck to those in SA or about to travel.

i can't remember who asked what so here are the answers and my opinions for whatever they are worth.

U don't get the treatment plan until all tests are in for everyone, its nerve wracking I know but its all good, we didn't get ours til 3 weeks before we were due to travel.

yes they do guided transfers using ultrasound

no Dr Le Roux doesn't believe in NK cells, however some of the other doctors do, keep that in mind. If he is happy to treat u along the NK cell path its all good.

if there was choice between listening to your FS in Australia and your FS in South Africa keep in mind SA has the 70% success rate, if he suggests you do something ask yourself is it worth going all that way and spending all that money and ignoring your SA FS and possibly sabotaging your trip. Also keep in mind they do things differently over there.

no I wouldn't ask for an AMH test, AMH tests are only for us oldies, a young girl in her 20's will still have a great reserve and better still the eggs are of a better quality, its quality not quantity that we are after.

If I was going over for the first time without kids, I would stay at a hotel, not a serviced apartment, as you all know the apartment we stayed in was great location but terrible I think it was called sea breeze, or something like that at green point you will need to check page 2 of my first thread. it was cold and damp, mouldy and musty and it didn't have a safety deposit box so we had to keep our belongings on us at all times, we used the cooking facilities once, washing is so cheap to hand over to someone else so you can enjoy your day without chores. Now I am going back with a child I need to look at apartments simply for the size of it, a toddler in a hotel room on a rainy day just wont cut it. I won't be cooking but will need a microwave and jug for sterilisation purposes. I had all the intention of cooking to save money and doing the laundry in the apartment it was a huge mistake, your out all day everyday the last thing you want to do is cook when you get home and food is cheap. Just something to keep in mind when you make your choice.

car hire with a GPS is highly recommended, how else are you going to see the great country whilst you are there. It's so easy to travel around everything is signposted, I guess it had to be for the enormous tourist intake when the soccer was on.

AFM after great deliberation we decided last night that we are going for number 2 in September, so we chose our donor sent off the email and heard that the donor is available just waiting to hear whether she wants to donate or not.

September here we come.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jodi W - great that you are back on board with us all I am with you when you mention about travelling with a toddler- yes, it will put a different set of 'need' parameters on where you stay, etc.
    After our last miserable cycle in March in CT, we do now ask to get all our selected donor s AMH tests done. We have had 3 donors tested and only 1 of those was suitable to donate! One poor 23 year old was 0.8, so they said she would probably need a donor herself...lucky we didn't go ahead with her
    The flip side of the AMH is the AFC scan. We have just found out our current donor, who has an AMH of 5.51, had a AFC of only 3!!! 3 follicles only. This is of course before stimulation, but even by Australian standards I know that is a very poor result. So now we are back in the Anxious pen...waiting for the advice of Dr Le Roux. I am day 1 today and should take my Lucrin injection. but haven't done it as yet as we are waiting to hear if he thinks it's worth going ahead.

So ladies, even with a fab AMH, things aren't ever predictable in IVF land.

BB4Me- I hope you guys find your feet soon Once you get used to the carpark attendants, etc, I think you can start to enjoy seeing the beautiful sights. How is the weather now? Big hugs for an excellent retrieval and the rest of the process.

Take care all. Hopefully I get an email soon...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jennilee67 For This Useful Post:

JodiW  (12-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

Just curious but will someone let me know when my donor starts her stims or do I need to email and ask when she'll start? Also I wanted to find out what her antra follicle count is do I also need to ask this or will they let me know?

Thanks
    Reviews
    DONOR SEARCHING
    Pixel

DONOR SELECTED
    Wishmeluck

DONOR CONTRACT (signed by both parties)
    Happyheart1
    JodiW

TREATMENT CYCLE
    Araline (Cape Town) June
    BB4Me (Cape Town) June
    Abundance1 (Cape Town) June
    Libelle (Cape Town) June
    Jennilee67 (Cape Town - ET 1 July)
    BJ04 (Cape Town - ET 8 July)
    Crystal4431 (Cape Town - ET 8 July)
    January (Cape Town - ET 10 July)
    Sunny15 (Cape Town - ET 24 July)

DJShears (Cape Town - ET 24 July)
    Chrisseytree (Cape Town) Aug

2WW - WAITING FOR BFP

BFP
    TwoWhites
    Missleo (twins)
    Nicole72 (twins)
    SVD (twins)

GRADUATES
    Laned (boy)
    JodiW (boy)
    Smika (girl)
    Chascabear
    Theresa68 (girl)
    WilsonJoy (twin boys)
    Jed (twins - boy and girl)

SummerShine (boy)

Hello lovelies,

Have made an attempt at an update. Apologies if I have missed you or have you incorrectly listed.

Crystal4431 - As far as getting results on AFC, I was just told that my donor's was very good and I was happy with that. As I requested the AMH test as well I was emailed the result of this.

Jennillee67 - I hope you have received the advice from Dr L that you were hoping for and it has put your mind at ease. Not long now! I did PM you some weeks ago but can't find it so not sure if you received my message. Apologies if that's the case.

BB4Me - hope all went well at your appointment today and that you have not been harrassed again. I was staying at the V&A waterfront a couple of years ago and had a black man beg and plead stating he needed to buy milk for his baby. He was very persistent and demanding. We got rid of him eventually but it was very unnerving. It happened directly outside our hotel!

Sunny & DJHHEARS - awesome that you will be there to support each other through the process. Donna I hope your leg is getting better, it sounds a bit like a white tail spider bite to me!

Wishmeluck & BJ04 - You are very brave amazing ladies and I admire your determination to become mums. I did not meet my partner until I was 42 and had given up on becoming a mum. You are both truly courageous.

Abundance1 - not long now! I bet you are getting excited!

Missleo - great to hear that things are going well with your twins. Keep us posted.

AFM - starting to plan our trip arriving in Cape Town July 1. Confirmation received that everything is still on track.

To everyone else I hope things are moving along nicely for you all.

There will be a few of us in Cape Town at the same time. Would any of you like to catch up between appointments sometime?

Bye for now
    Last edited by January; 12-06-2013 at 21:24.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the update January that is an impressive list

Good luck for all those in a treatment cycle I'm thinking of you all. It feels like a year ago we were there but it's only been 2.5months.

Just wanted to stop in to say hi to all and let you know I'm still here moving forward slowly and love reading everyone's news can't wait to have everyone move to the BFP list

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Pixel For This Useful Post:

January  (12-06-2013)