Closed Thread
Page 18 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Happyheart,

Don't feel you are being selfish. This is a huge decision and you have to go with what feels right for you. Ultimately the agencies are in this to make a sale so don't feel any pressure to go with them. You are right to pull out if it doesn't feel right. I too felt the information was quite vague and I had an experience where the clinic gave me different information than the Donor agency on the same donors pregnancy outcomes. I was worried and changed to another donor. I am very happy with my current selection and I chose her because of her success rates on her previous donations. I know this doesn't mean my cycle will be a success but I feel that I am giving this my best chance by choosing a proven donor. Good luck with your search

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Abundance1 For This Useful Post:

Happyheart1  (28-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Araline,

I have had PGD in Australia and when I researched in SA I found out that they were not as advanced therefore had a higher loss rate of embryos. I was also told that it is most unlikely for a young donor to have genetic issues. So not really required in SA. We have decided not to do PGD as a result of this information as the risks are much lower with young eggs.

Best of luck with your cycle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

Happyheart, I found the information on donors to be a bit vaugue as well. Don't feel bad for wanting to find the right donor for you, its your money and you shouldn't agree to a donor until you feel ok about things. I also found the same about "proven donors" what they call a proven donor and what I do are two different things. I decided in the end to go with my gut and we ended up going with the very first donor we looked at I hope I've made the right choice but there's no way to tell if its a perfect egg or embryo. I hope you find a donor your comfortable with

Abundance, only two weeks for you I leave for CT on June 29th..I am sooooo excited I've had autoimmune problems since I was 12, seems like a lifetime ago I had 2 successful pregnancies in my early 20's very close together and then nothing. I couldn't get pregnant from about age 24 on, I was told it was likely the autoimmune problems and that was that really. When I turned 36 we decided to go for IVF and I had a cancelled cycle and no fertilisation so I knew I had poor quality. Last year I got pregnant naturally after another failed IVF cycle and found out at my 13 week ultrasound I had a mmc. I had a D&C and following that I had 2 early losses in row and another this past January. My FS here is now saying it was likely immune issues but he didn't want to do intripilids. He put me on prednisolone, clexane and baby aspirin. I really don't know if it is my immune problems or just poor quality eggs, I'm confused what I should do as well. I'm going to take the prednisolone, clexane and baby aspirin to be safe and hope that does the trick

Donna, hope your feeling a bit better

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hello

I hope everyone is travelling well whatever stage you are at with your journey

I promised to get back to everyone regarding the tax status of claiming IVF overseas. I didn't hear back from my accountant so queried the ATO directly and they advised that IVF costs by an Overseas Clinic are claimable for out of pocket expenses. I wasn't able to get clarification on donor eggs or donor sperm specifically from the chap I was speaking to, however, searched their Legal Database for Interpretive Decisions and came across the following:

http://law.ato.gov.au/atolaw/view.ht...D2001669/00001

Although this relates to donor sperm, the reason for decision is based on infertility being an illness and that payments to a legally qualified medical practitioner or hospital for treatment under an IVF program qualify as medical expenses. I believe you need a referral from your GP though! Also, it states that the cost of obtaining donor sperm is part of the cost of the IVF treatment and if the donor sperm was obtained from an Overseas Sperm Bank which is a medical practice run by legally qualified medical practitioners that can be claimed too. The decision doesn't mention donor eggs, and I assume the only part payable is the costs associated with the egg donation process ie the donor fee and the Cape Fertility costs and medication etc, and not the egg donor agency fees (as they are not medical professionals) or donor travel or your travel etc. But you will probably need your own advice on this. The guy from the ATO suggested applying for a private ruling. He also said if there are enough of these the ATO will make a public ruling. My concern is that raising this with the ATO may just reduce one more thing we can claim so happy to remain silent on this fact and rely on this Decision in good faith!

Also, for those of you who are heading over after July, make sure to claim some out of pocket expenses if you can this financial year. Failing to do so means you can't claim out of pocket expenses next year as they are phasing out the out of pocket thing other than for carers etc.

http://www.ato.gov.au/content/00353987.htm

I hope this helps!

Wish

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crystal4431- I am leaning towards moving from Dr W to Dr Le Roux as Dr W is away for the month when are transfer is likely to happen. Why are you moving to Dr Heylen? Is Dr Le Roux away for your transfer? If all goes to plan for us, our transfer will be in early July as well.

JodiW- Thank you for the info on Dr Le Roux, hopefully we can be with him You just reminded me not to pack the dreaded POS'! Hope your donor search is going well. We found by stepping back a bit & letting things go...things became less stressful

Chrisseytre- If you contact your Dr at CFC, the coordinator can order your meds for you...a lot cheaper in SA. CFC do Intralipids. I think that will be a part of my regime this time. Good Luck with gaining the info you need

BJ04 - Great to hear you are close to going..very exciting. We may be there at the same time. Shall we have a group Bubhub lunch down at V&A one day??

Missleo - hello lovely lady We enjoyed our meeting in CT & catch ups didn't we. It was fun & we will miss you guys this time. Wonder whether you have a cheeseburger & a sausage McMuffin or 2 of a kind in the oven! Can't wait to hear the nicknames your DH creates for the bubs! Take care XX

Donna- I think just drop a few active pills in DP's coffee, then moods won't be noticed, it will be the norm (love these lil pics) When are you in CT?

Abundance1- 2 weeks to go-OMG! Yes, the clexane & prednisolone protocol has got me in a whirl as well. I don't want to go through the clexane injections, if I really don't need to. I am aving a rushed endo biopsy by my FS in Perth. It needs to be in about 2 weeks time, so we are not sure if the results will even be back by the time we go to SA. My advice to you is to listen to yourself...what do you think you really need to do? Hard isn't it. We were only talking about transferring 1 or 2 embryos last night. I am leaning towards 1 and then having to travel again if it's another BFN???... I think this is wiser at my age (just 46, yesterday) rather than facing a miscarriage. Hard decision as well. We too will decide ultimately when we know the embryo quality... Good Luck with the last weeks leading up to going.

Happyheart1- I'm wondering what agency you are with? You can PM me if you want to be discreet. I have dealt with EDSA, Sunshine, Nurture & Global Egg Donors. Our current, hopefully, donor is through Sunshine. We had another donor lined up for screening in February and had a real run around-literally-she ran away You are not heartless, you just don't deserve to be heartbroken as we were on our last cycle in March. Our 'proven' donor only produced 3 low grade eggs. We had a day 3 transfer of 6 & 8 cell, poor quality embryos. This all resulted in a BFN!! So NO, you are covering all bases and good on you!

wishmeluck - how are you getting along? Thanks for the tax info I will take it in more closely tomorrow. take care

AFM- I am waiting for a reply email to come from Rikki at Sunshine to say that this donor, this time, actually made her CFC screening Then things can move ahead. I know she is on the pill, so things should be able to move quickly...if we have got the screening done Night lovely bub hubbers to all Jenni
    Last edited by Jennilee67; 31-05-2013 at 00:04.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jennilee, Here is what Karin sent to me regarding Dr. le Roux

Dr le Roux will be on leave from 4- 14 July. Dr Heylen covers for him when he is away. Dr Heylen will be away from 22 June – 3 July.

So he'll cover part of my cycle and Dr.Heylen will cover transfer Karin from Dr.leRoux's office has handled everything for my cycle and she's been great. Maybe your dates will be when he's there.

wishmeluck, thank you so much for that!!! we have an appointment with our accountant when we get home so I'll be taking everything with me I'll also get a letter from my GP

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nice to see that everyone is rocketing on. HOpe you are all doing well.
    Happyheart, I have found in the whole of the fertility/infertility process that there are compromises and difficult decisions at every turn. As you say, no donor will have it all, not only that, they don't have whatever advantages they have at every cycle. Every cycle and attempt is unique. I hope you are a wonderful holiday with your husband and 11yo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happyheart1, so glad you found your donor!! Congrats

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies...it looks like I have some catching up to do...such a busy thread. I havent been on BH for a week and a half and I feel so out of touch.

DPs trips home have become absolute whirlwinds of visits...flat out with DIYs, work, blah blah blah!!!

I hope everyone is doing well.

AFM
    Not much happening for me at the moment. Still on OCP...donor had her screening tests on Wednesday and Cyndi says I will have my treatment plan on Monday. Then we can book our flights, WOOHOO!

Started my spring cleaning today...method to my madness is that I wont feel like it when I come back UTD!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sunny15, sounds like you'll soon have everything set to go!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to crystal4431 For This Useful Post:

Sunny15  (14-06-2013)