Closed Thread
Page 17 of 44 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Jennilee - fantastic news on selecting your donor. So excited for you!! Thank you also for your lovely comments. It was through much soul searching that I embarked on this journey alone. I am blessed with a very close family and the truest of friends that have been incredibly supportive. I've also used my time to get financially well positioned and saving my leave etc. thankfully if all goes well, my long service leave is also next year so will be able to have a lengthy period of time off work. Very lucky :-)

BJ - I will only be transferring one embryo. I have already lost a little girl at 15 weeks so have become incredibly risk averse. For most people twins will be just wonderful, but I have a dodgy cervix and ? placenta accreta in the pregnancy with my little angel. I too would struggle on my own if I was blessed with double trouble so will be forever grateful for a healthy singleton!!

Wish x
    Last edited by wishmeluck; 26-05-2013 at 17:45.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to wishmeluck For This Useful Post:

BJ04  (28-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    BJ04 - would you mind if I emailed you to get some further info on Xytex? I just tried to PM you, but not sure if you have it enabled on your account? If not, no trouble

Thanks
    Reviews
    BJ04 welcome I had two eggs transferred and only egg took, my friend had two transferred both took but she lost one later around the 10 week mark, simply your damned if you do and damned if you don't. In saying that Dr Le Roux looked at the eggs and said I had a very good chance that one would take, he wasn't so sure about the other it was just a back up measure.

Jennilee Dr Le Roux was wonderful for me, Karin his assistant went above and beyond even just recently, Where I owed them money, I had no idea that I did and she wrote it off for me, it was her suggestion. Dr Le Roux seemed to have a feel about the eggs he knew one would work just by looking at the egg, I don't know about the other doctors but that gave me confidence. I did the stupid thing in POS the day before my blood test which gave me a negative so it was a shock to hear him say congratulations and he dealt really well this this blubbering fool on the end of the phone.

Laned I'm think of you and hoping all is going well with William.

Theresa68 thanks again for your post, my period has been very late the past two months so I took myself off to the docs to get hormones tested, I think it may have been caused by me not taking my thyroid medication but it has given me a scare and reopened talk about whether to go for number 2. My greatest concern has been getting sick and going through the trauma of NICU, will he live or die, but your post made me aware that it can be managed, I might need bed rest, but the elusive 32 weeks or better still full term may not be that difficult if its managed right from the start and thankfully I was referred to one of the best docs for this management when I was in hospital.

So we spent the weekend searching donors, the one we used for first bub didnt have great eggs and she no longer donates either, the donors found whilst window shopping have disappeared, there was one I thought might be ok and she is still around and available in September which is when we are planning to go (Im thinking that is a sign of fate) but Hubby wants to wait a little while before booking her in case someone more suitable becomes available anyhoo Im officially back on the roller coaster again.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JodiW For This Useful Post:

laned  (27-05-2013),Missleo  (27-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good Morning ladies

Chrisseytre, Nice to be sharing a transfer day!! I am taking my own Clexane with me but some ladies get it in SA.

BJ04, I asked my GP if would need any vaccines and she said only if we were going off the beaten path which we aren't so we won't need anything Good luck with your cycle!!

I got AF yesterday 4 days early in Woolies of all places, but I did my Prostap injection so I have officially started my cycle I'm so excited, we leave for Cape Town a month from Wednesday!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Firstly a big HI to the newbies chrisseytre, BJ, Vetttc & Araline (sorry if I missed anyone!!). Our little thread has become so busy and it's exciting to read some of you are so close you are starting your cycles. I can't tell you enough how excited I am for you. SA is a magic place and I will have everything crossed for you.

To those enquiring about accom I have posted this site before and it's worth checking out if you are looking for a self contained holiday rental type place - stayincapetown.co.za. Just email them with your dates and what you want and they will send back suitable apartments. It is also worth going back through the thread to suggestions of hotel style accom from the other ladies who have travelled. Personally I feel the best area to stay is around V&A at Green Point or Sea Point. Lots to do, very central, high tourist area, very safe.

Crisseytre - I think you will find SA is a very different place than you remember from your childhood. Cape Town is definitely MUCH safer than J'Burg...I felt absolutely safe there all the time. If you go looking for it you can find trouble easily in just about every suburb of Australia and CT is no different, just don't flash money and belongings and don't do anything stupid and you will be totally fine. I'm not sure what city you are from but V&A and the waterfront area is pretty much like Darling Harbour in Sydney (but with way more shops). I suggest if you are travelling with kids it's the perfect place to be close to as there is so much for tourists to do there.

If anyone wants tips on what to see and where to go feel free to PM me.

Jennilee - I nearly cried when I saw you have your new dates (OK I'm pregnant, pretty much everything makes me cry at the moment haha). I am incredibly happy for you and hubby. It is your time. xx

JodiW - how awesome and amazingly brave of you to jump back on this train. Fingers crossed for you.

AFM - I realised I haven't actually done a me post for ages and so many of you have been asking how it is all going in PM's I feel so blessed to be part of this special little group. So we are 16 weeks this week, I can't believe how quickly it has gone. I started to feel human again after a horrid first trimester about week 11 and from then on it has just gotten better. I don't want to jinx it but at the moment considering I am carrying twins I feel damn good...and my belly actually looks pregnant now rather than being full of big macs (which is what DH called the babies until last week haha) so that's great. The only cravings so far are mandarins - I'm eating about 4 a day, and I'm covering pretty much everything that can be in sour cream. Weird.

Had the NT scan at 12 weeks and the results came back 1 in 21,000 (tri 18 & 13 even lower) so all is great. The upside to 21 year old eggs. We have separate sacs and placentas so almost sure they are fraternal. My OB is happy it's one of the least risky type of twin pregnancies. We find out the sexes in 3 weeks - I can't wait and I'm quietly betting we have b/g after a bit of a slip from the girl at my scan last week.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Missleo For This Useful Post:

Abundance1  (28-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Missleo...That is so good. Am pleased you are feeling a bit better. Am sure your little ones will be just adorable and can't wait to find out what they are!!!!

Hi to everyone else......sorry, I am all over the place at the moment and will catch up and do personals during the week. Welcome to to the most amazing place to share your journey.

Sunny...Hi hun. Bet you are excited!!

AFM...think the pill is getting to me. Feel very emotional and a bit down in the dumps. GP put me on a stronger one due to my non-cycling (good on him).

Anyway...a question from DP....."How full are the planes?" Yep, he has a fear of flying and claustrophobia. We have Xanax to sort him out but he wanted me to ask..... Might throw him on the oral contraceptive and we can be nutters together!!!!!!

Seriously though, hope you are all well and busy planning for your upcoming trips and bubbies. Has a great sound to it!

Donna xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Missleo - fantastic news about the twins - your nt results must have been wonderful to hear Those young eggs are amazing aren't they?! 16 weeks already. Can't wait to hear what you're having!

Donna - I hope you're feeling brighter soon. These hormones are feral! We're here for you :-) Not sure what the flights are like but spoke to a friend on the weekend who flew South African Airlines midweek and had 3 seats to herself. Not sure what time of the year she flew though!

Hi everyone else. Hope you have a great day!
    Last edited by wishmeluck; 28-05-2013 at 07:57.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Donna, I hope your feeling better soon feeling down from the pill is not a fun feeling. I luckily didn't have to take the pill for this coming cycle, my natural cycle fell in line with the cycle.

JodiW, I have Dr.Le Roux and Karin as well and they've been great so far My dr's get switched before my transfer though and I then get Dr. Heylen which I have no idea about this doctor. You must be so happy to be starting the search again

Hope everyone is well!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks to all for the warm welcome. I have gained so much from this thread that I thought it was time to join the conversation!

JodiW – Thank you for starting this thread! I have enjoyed following your story and I have my fingers crossed for you on your next step. I understand the frustration with your cycle being out of whack. My last cycle was 44 days and I had to put back my trip to SA for one week because of it. I think it was a combination of my body still recovering from my last own egg cycle and stress.

Wishmeluck – I am sorry for your loss. Growing up it just seemed that I would meet prince charming and make babies. The reality is that it doesn’t always work that way and each disappointment and loss is so hard. More than happy for you to PM me or email. I think I have amended the settings so this will work...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BJ04 For This Useful Post:

wishmeluck  (28-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Only two weeks to go. Can't believe it's almost here. Starting to get nervous and anxious now but also very excited about our holiday. I just hope all goes well from here on in.

I was hoping to get some advice from those that have Intralipid Infusion. Dr Wiswedel has suggested that with my history he recommends I consider this, take Clexane post transfer, and Prednisolone from Day 1. However my FS in Australia disagrees. He feels this is not required when using donated eggs. So I am confused and not sure who to listen to. The last 3 FS I have seen have all prescribed Predinisolone and clexane but that was with my own eggs. Does anyone have any advice on this. So confused!!

I would be interested in hearing from others that have had this. When is it administered, is it worthwhile, any side effects and what are the costs? I have requested this information from the clinic but have not had a reply as yet.

Thanks ladies and all the best to all of you that are heading over. There are so many of us there in June/July.

Deciding on the number of embryos to implant is a big decision. We made our decision in consultation with our Aust FS and will seek a second opinion in SA when we see the quality of the embryos. We were advised the success rates are lower implanting one, but the chances of a healthy baby are higher. I also lost twins at 20 and 22 weeks so this has influenced our decision to only implant one this time to reduce the risk of pre term labour. Our bodies are all so different so we need to rely on medical advice. That's why it's so confusing when they give you different advice.....Arggghhh

Can anyone help?

Theresa - your story is so inspirational. You are so courageous and obviously your little ones were very determined to be with you.

Miss Leo - thank you for all the information you have shared and I'm so glad to hear things are going well for you

Good luck to you all

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Abundance1 For This Useful Post:

DJSHEARS  (30-05-2013)