Closed Thread
Page 16 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    FYI ladies from 2012 taxi info, http://www.ato.gov.au/content/00313907.htm

Quote " You and your dependants must be Australian residents for tax purposes, but you can include medical expenses paid while travelling overseas.You can include medical expenses relating to an illness or operation paid to legally qualified doctors, nurses or chemists and public or private hospitals. However, expenses for some cosmetic operations are excluded."

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Twocam For This Useful Post:

Abundance1  (28-05-2013),Araline  (23-05-2013),Jennilee67  (23-05-2013),Libelle  (24-05-2013)

mostly in Perth but sometimes away with the fairies
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies.

Laned no words to describe the awfulness of seeing your bub turn blue...its happened with Stella and I feel physically sick everytime I think about it.

JodiW yes she is being followed up closely by the NN paeds. She is a mystery as I was told she is the youngest surviving Prem in Australia and the second youngest recorded in the world. Not sure how true that is but I've been told a few times. She has her 12 month corrective developmental assessment in July. I fear speech will be where she needs intervention because whereby she is hitting all other milestones, she still only babbles. I'm glad your little man is doing so well. The NICU journey is certainly not one I wish to repeat.

Good luck to all those about to make their journey. Lots of sticky dust for you all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has anyone inquired about or done PGD - Genetic Diagnosis testing abnormalities in embryos for a DE/IVF? Not sure how advanced this treatment is in South Africa. I'm torn between wanting to ensure the embryos are of the best quality they can be prior to implantation and the fear they will be damaged during the PGD process.

Laned - My fingers are crossed and hoping that it will be a quick recovery for little William

Vettc - Cape Fertility Clinic gave me a list of reputable agencies which was great. The donors are anonymous but depending on the donors choice there may be an option for contact in the future. I went through EDSA and they provided physical characteristics, personality traits, likes/dislikes, medical history for the donor and her family and a few childhood (baby-7yrs) photos. I chose the agency due to the donor I found, but all the agencies I spoke to were so helpful.

BB4Me - My lining scan is on the 14th June. I've just booked my non refundable flights which is a little scary. When will you be there? I think there are 3 of us going in June and 4 in July?

WishMeLuck - Your absolutely right, what a lovely group of ladies! Thank you for speaking to your accountant, I'll also watch out for your post about claiming the overseas IVF cycles. Thank you also for the link TwoCam.

Good luck to everyone in the process of organizing the DE/IVF's!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just following my question on PGD:

I found that this is not normally advised in South Africa, unless there is a known hereditary disease or recurrent miscariages and can be very expensive. They can do limited screening (FISH) but for genetic testing (CGH) they need to send the frozen embryos to the UK for screening.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Twocam, thanks for that ATO information Its good that some of the trip can be claimed.

Araline, I suspected it probably wouldn't be advised, probably because the donors are young. Would you have your embryos sent away to be tested?

Happy Friday everyone Hope you all have a great weekend

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good Morning Ladies,

A warm welcome to the newbies. Wow 4 heading to CT in June and 4 in July so far!!!!

DONOR SEARCHING
    Jennilee
    Pixel

DONOR SELECTED
    Wishmeluck

DONOR CONTRACT (signed by both parties)
    Chrisseytre

TREATMENT CYCLE
    Araline (Cape Town) June
    BB4Me (Cape Town) June
    Abundance1 (Cape Town) June
    Libelle (Cape Town) June
    Crystal4431 (Cape Town - ET 8 July)
    DJShears (Cape Town - ET 27 July)
    January (Cape Town - ET 10 July)
    Sunny15 (Cape Town - ET 24 July)

2WW - WAITING FOR BFP

BFP
    TwoWhites
    Missleo (twins)
    Nicole72 (twins)
    SVD (twins)

GRADUATES
    Laned (boy)
    JodiW (boy)
    Smika (girl)
    Chascabear
    Theresa68 (girl)
    WilsonJoy (twin boys)
    Jed (twins - boy and girl)
    SummerShine (boy)

Laned - hope your little man is doing ok xxx

Theresa68 - fantastic news for you and what a wonderful surprise

Have a wonderful weekend everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello to all!
    I have been following this thread for a few months and have gone back to the start and read all the way through twice. What a wealth of info! I thank you all for sharing your heartbreaks as well as your joys!

I have only recently become comfortable with the donor egg route. It has been a real struggle for me, maybe more so because as I am single I will be doing a double donor cycle. I have really worried about how this will affect my child in the future but after many many many hours of research I am feeling positive.

I am headed to Cape Town at the end of June with a proposed transfer date of 8 July. I am just waiting on my Dr to check the results of my pelvic u/s as it showed two small fibroids. My Dr here thinks they are not a problem but Dr M wanted to see the films. Crystal4431 I believe our transfers are the same day!

I chose my donor through Nurture and I am importing sperm from the US – this way I can use an open identity donor.

I have a few questions I am hoping you can all help with:
    Are most people getting vaccinations? And if so which ones?
    Any recommendations from those that have already travelled for game parks close to CT?
    Do CFC do ICSI as standard practice?

Thanks
    Reviews
    BJ welcome

I'm single also and I think there are different hurdles for everyone to consider on the donor path - even for those with partners. I waited a long time for Mr Right, but wasn't fortunate enough to meet him in time so here I am. I too am thinking of using Xytex. Cyndi was encouraging me to consider their sperm bank but like you - I would like one biological parent to be known if possible :-) Cyndi mentioned it could take 4 weeks for import permit etc. did you find the process straightforward?

Anyway, just wanted to say hi. Good luck for your travels - not long now. I'll be looking forward to hearing how you - any many others on this thread go in the next couple of months. :-)

AFM nervously waiting to hear when donor gets the medical and psychological all clear!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi wishmeluck
    Thanks for your post! Yes I was advised up to 4 weeks for the import permit too. As I have only just chosen a donor and placed an order I am cutting it fine! Xytex assure me that they have dealt with CFC many times and that the process will go smoothly. The info from CFC had me a bit worried – needing to arrange delivery in SA etc but Xytex have advised that they will take care of all of this. I have (unfortunately ) used Xytex many times and they have always been excellent to deal with. I will keep you updated on how it goes!

As another single can I ask if you are planning on transferring one or two embryos? I am nervous to have two transferred as I am not sure I could cope financially with twins. But only having one transferred makes me nervous I am reducing my chances of success.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BJ04 For This Useful Post:

wishmeluck  (26-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome BJo4 - I take my hat off to you. You will give the little person or people you bring into this world a very loving and secure home life. Good Luck to you and now we know you we can support you along your way.

wishmeluck same goes for you...good on you. I think the richness that will come from your new family will be wonderful. Well done for being so courageous

Abundance can you please update me on the Roll. We have selected our donor through Sunshine. Her AMH is 5.51so we are very pleased. Our lady goes for her screening at CFC this week, so I should be into the cycle next week
    With all that said, our transfer should be 1st July. We are with Dr Wiswedel, but I have read on here he is away then. I need some advice... I am thinking if I'm allowed to swap to either Dr Le Roux or Dr Heylen?? If I can swap, who is the better choice?? Comments from anyone who had these doctors would be greatly appreciated.

Laned still thinking of little William...sending best wishes for his return to good health

To all the ladies going in June/July...truck loads of X

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jennilee67 For This Useful Post:

BJ04  (28-05-2013),wishmeluck  (26-05-2013)