Closed Thread
Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies!
    Just crashing this thread to ask àbout CFC in Cape Town and other DE clinics that anyone has or is using : how much info do you get on your donor and are any of them open to having contact with their genetic offspring when they reach 18 or if not are they at least able to be contacted if there are medical issues with the child and further information is needed or heaven forbid a bone marrow transplant etc? I know it's the law for donors to remain anonymous over there but just wondering exactly what that means?
    What are the best websites for me to look at?
    Thanks so much I am loving reading about the successes here!
    Xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hi ladies

Just a quick note to let all know that William was readmitted for pyloric stenosis and underwent surgical intervention this eveing. Thanks to the fabulous staff at the Mater Children's he is recovering well. Fingers crossed we will be on the up and up herein.

thank you to all for your lovely kind words xxx.

Thanks
    Reviews
    laned thanks for sharing, hope everything is Ok now.
    Theresa68 what a wonderful surprise, hope it goes well for you.
    Araline - do you have dates for June? I will be starting my Lucrin injections this week too.
    JodiW - I have chosen Lucrin daily injections as it was cheaper than the Lucrin depot inj. Hadn't heard anyone mention the other brands so I thought I'd go with Lucrin.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ianed - you have been very strong and it reminds us all just how precious these little people are. Very frightening for you. I hope the worst is over for you all

Theresa - your story is amazing. A true miracle for you. Truly inspiring. Thank you for sharing.

I start typing my reply & I forget everyone's stories! Sorry. I have to check the roll call & see the progress of everyone.

Nurture have informed us that on or around the 27 th we should get our potential donors AMH result! It takes 10 days for this test to come back. From this , we will be able to choose between our 2 donors. The next step is the CFC screening and yep, I will feel like Christmas is just around the corner as its taking an eternity to select a good donor this time! Had plenty of dramas with our last selected donor vanishing into thin air. They still haven't heard from her. We have to laugh, otherwise we may go insane! Ha ha

Hello new lady- sorry I've forgotten your ID - with Nurture, it states on the donors paperwork if the parents of the child wanted to make contact with you would you agree to this? The donor can write yes, no or not sure. I haven't seen anything l,e this with EDSA or Sunshine agencies.

Baby dust & best wishes for each and everyone Night

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just one more quick note Jodi we bought a 1 off shot of the Lucrin depot- is it? In SA before we left in March.
    Where are you up to with your decision? Best of luck with deciding which way to go

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

Vetttc - you get much more information on the donors than here in Aus. If you contact the egg donor agencies listed on the Cape Fertility Website you can get access to their donor profiles with a password. I don't know about exceptional circumstances for contacting anonymous donors in SA. You could contact SASREG and ask the question though

Crystal - yay for getting started

Araline - welcome to the thread I'm a newbie myself in terms of posting - though have stalked for a long time and have seen wonderful success stories. The ladies on this thread are amazing. I'm still unsure about claiming overseas IVF cycles so contacted my accountant who is finding out from the ATO. He's had a few questions about this recently! I'll keep you all posted.

Jennilee - how did you go with your donor search? Were you able to find a beautiful donor for June?

DJ - 19th July will be here before you know it. I think I'm destined for an August cycle at this stage

Midnite

Libelle - 11 sleeps to go. Not that we're counting or anything

Sunny - glad to see I'm not the only one counting down in pay cycles!

Pixel - how is your donor searching coming along?

Abundance - 3 weeks to go - woo hoo. Another one who will be up the duff before you know it!

Missleo - how are you going? I've been thinking of you and hoping everything is well.

Laned - so very sorry to hear about William. I can't imagine having to go through anything so distressing. Very glad to hear that he's recovering well from his procedure. All the best for a speedy recovery

Theresa - Congratulations on your pregnancy. Fantastic news and a big surprise by the sound of it!! Every good luck for the next 12 weeks

January and BB4Me - I'm getting excited for you both too. I can't believe how busy this thread is going to be! Everything crossed

JodiW - I love the updates. I haven't "known" you long but have to confess to reading the thread for quite sometime and quietly cheering everyone on. I can't believe the twins are 12 weeks now. LOL also on the window shopping of the donor agencies!

Hi to anyone I've missed.

AFM: Just waiting for my donor screening to be completed. Holding my breath until then. I was umming and ahhing about getting further testing done - ie chlamydia and gonorrhoea. Did anyone else do any further testing?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to wishmeluck For This Useful Post:

Libelle  (24-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

wow wish me luck you must take notes to remember what everyone is up too thanks for asking after me

I am still donor searching (sorry haven't updated role call) I have expanded my search to include traveling SA donors that go to Thailand Bangkok. We are looking through SA agencies as well and decided we would go with which ever had the best donor match. The profiles from Thailand are adult photos which is easier to match looks I've found. We are also attracted to this option because of the much shorter flight time, warm weather and 3 hr time difference. Only down side is it is more expensive as you pay the donors travel. At this stage I'd say August would be the earliest for our next cycle.

otherwise keeping myself busy need to add in more relax time which reminds me must sleep now.

love to all, such a great feeling to have you all as a support as we travel this road together

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Pixel For This Useful Post:

Quinn75  (26-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I lost my post I'll try again

Laned, so glad your little man has had surgery to fix reflux issue. Now he can heal and be healthy, and I'm sure knowing this has been fixed must such a huge relief for you

vetttc, I went through Nurture as well and all the donors are anonymous which means even if there is a problem you probably will not get any sort of direct contact with the donor..but as Jennilee said contact SASREG as maybe you can under exceptional circumstances.

Jennilee, so glad your getting your donor sorted, I have to admit my donor vanishing into thin air is my biggest fear I'm glad you've got your new donor almost picked

wishmeluck, I'll be watching for your post to find out what your accountant says about claiming overseas IVF cycles. I'll be going to my accountant as soon as we get back to have our taxes completed so I'll be curious to find out

Pixel, I hope you find your donor soon

AFM, I went and got my script for prednisolone and clexane yesterday, do I need to bring a letter or anything to have these with me or is the script enough?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Re overseas cycles - I am sure you can claim and saw a link ages ago on the ATO website (the only things you cant claim for is cosmetic surgery and something else overseas). Although keep an eye on what the govt does as I understand they were looking to close the loophole regarding claiming out of pocket medical expenses - grhh!!

Crystal I recently went to NZ for two weeks and took clexane and predsinolone with me. I declared at customs and when they asked whether I had prescription for it (which I took along just in case) that was it.

Laned - glad to hear your little man is on the mend.

Hi to everyone else.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnite01 For This Useful Post:

crystal4431  (23-05-2013),Libelle  (24-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    midnite, thanks for that I'll just take the scripts with me then