Closed Thread
Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Theresa, Congrats!!!That's amazing, best of luck to you and your family

Jodi, I'm taking the once only shot, it is expensive but I prefer to take it once and I'm done until the PIO and Clexane injections

AFM, I can't believe AF is arriving next week and I start my cycle. I'm getting excited to get started!! Hope everyone had a great weekend!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DJSHEARS View Post
    Libelle...Great that you have progressed to the Lucrin shots. Means it is definitely getting closer!!!

Pixel....Good stuff! Can we add you to the Roll Call as "Donor Searching"??

SUnny...Hi and hugs to you!

AFM...Officially started the OCP yesterday. Have emailed CFC to get some indicative dates so waiting for that reply.

I was having a read through some of the earlier posts about how cold and damp some rooms were...oh yuk! Think I will pack a small fan heater and a hot water bottle just in case we get there and I have booked somewhere like that!!!

Hope you are all doing well.

Donna
    We haven't booked anywhere yet but are leaning toward an apartment type hotel room at the Mandela Rhodes since DS is coming with us..I really hope the rooms aren't cold and damp, taking a small heater is a great idea!! If anyone has heard anything negative about this hotel please let me know

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Dear Saffa bound wonder women,

Wishing you all the very best in your pending journeys. I am mindful that I have not been posting as much of late and only wish for all of you to have the experience of a new little one to dedicate your time to.

I Have been busy tending to the little man. This does not mean that I will not be thinking of all of you.

We had the scare of our lives on Tuesday. I found little William unconscious and non responsive and had to resuscitate him. Thank god we hadn't gone to bed. He was transferred by ambulance to the Mater Children's and was discharged on Friday with a diagnosis of laryngospasm subsequent to silent reflux. Both DH and I have needed some counselling to deal with the ordeal. Unfortunately all is not over with our little man having had to further deal with projectile vomiting. So off to Paed again tomorrow. Hopefully our little precious man can have a bit of a break.

So I totally recommend for everyone of you to undertake a basic life support skills/CPR course.

The very best of fertility fortune to all other ladies. Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone,

I'm a new member to the site and I'm so glad that I've found this thread.

A little about me: After several years unsuccessful IVF attempts and upon advice from my FS I have decided to move onto DE/IVF at CFC Cape Town.

A few unforeseen delays later, with the clinics staff going on holiday and then the 1st donor option failing her medical tests - I have at last found a wonderful donor who confirmed last week and passed her medicals. The DE protocol will start later this week and I traveling to Cape Town in June.

Does anyone have recommendations of where to stay in Cape Town if you don't drive? I was thinking of somewhere around the city area as it might be too cold/windy to stay near the beach. Hotel/Apartment prices seem to be $80 - $150 with winter season discounts.

@ Crystal4431 - I also heard the Mandela Rhodes Place apartments were a great option. It has wonderful reviews on Trip Adviser. I was also wondering about the Vineyard Hotel and Spa as it is so close to CFC, Cape Town.

It's wonderful to hear there are a few others that will be doing DE/IVF in Cape Town around the same time as well. Best of luck to everyone!
    Last edited by Araline; 20-05-2013 at 20:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    laneD thank goodness you were there in time for William! I'm so sorry you had such an awful experience. It is wonderful that you got yourselves some counselling to deal with the trauma of it. I hope William can get sorted so you can worry a little less about him.
    Crystal good luck with everything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Theresa68, thanks so much for your updated post I had been wondering how Stella was going, glad to hear she is crawling around it won't be long till everything is within reach to her, then the fun begins lol. It sounds like she is meeting her markers, I'm assuming she has to see the NICU docs every 4 months for assessment? Matthew had his 12 month last week and thankfully that's now it til he is 2, luckily he is an average bub and no lasting affects from his early entry.

Congrats on the new pregnancy too, Im so pleased to hear that alls progressing well, 28 weeks along too, I'm so happy for you it's amazing what can happen when you have a bit of preventative intervention.

laned I'm so sorry to hear about your little man, Im glad you got some counselling, I still shudder at the memory of seeing Matthew go limp and blue, thankfully he was in NICU at the time, I couldn't imagine how you feel having had to revive little William, its so true everyone should know how to resuscitate, better to know and never use it than to need it and not know.

Hello to everyone else

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi to everyone

Laned - that must have been very scary for you and hubbie. I hope you are enjoying the first couple of months together as a family.

Hi to everyone else heading over to SA in the coming months.

We are thinking of maybe heading over there mid next year unless by some miraculous event my egg quality improves enough to consider doing another stim cycle over here.

Even though I am not doing DE at the moment I do check in and see how you all are going. When we were considering this option the information on this forum was amazing and so so helpful to us.

Best of luck to everyone at the moment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Laned, that must have been terrifying I hope William gets something sorted soon, that must be so worrying

Araline, Good Luck with your cycle!! I'm sure things will work out fine

Net3811, thank you

Hope everyone is well!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to crystal4431 For This Useful Post:

JodiW  (21-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    laned! what an ordeal you have been through...I cannot imagine the panic you must have felt, but it sounds like you dealt with the situation brilliantly. I need to brush up on my CPR and you have prompted me to get on to it.
    I am loving reading all the posts and the SA comings and goings..this thread is just getting so busy! I do not post much because almost every post I write ends up lost, so hopefully I may have a random success with this one!
    All is well in my camp, with the boys now 12 weeks old. They are stacking on the weight, and are looking so healthy and beautiful...and handsome too!! Yesterday we took the boys and doggies to the park in our (wear on the chest)baby carriers..they looked soooo sweet in their little wooolen knitted hand me down hats and mittens!
    Hope you are all well, and this post works! xxWJ

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wilson joy For This Useful Post:

DJSHEARS  (22-05-2013),Missleo  (22-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Laned, what a terrifying ordeal to go through and poor little William. My best wishes go out to your family and I hope your little man is ok and the condition can be controlled. You made a great point about CPR courses, and made me realize I definitely need to do a refresher course.

I will be starting on Lucrin injections in a few days and after planning this for the better part of this year, now it feels so close and my mind is running all over the place making sure I have everything covered and organized for my trip to CT.

If anyone has any tips on how they carried/injected the Lurcin during their trip, I would love to hear. I'm sure it will be straight forward when I get to it.

Wishmeluck, you mentioned that we may be able to claim for the DE/IVF in Australia? That would be wonderful if we can, even if it's just for the CFC fees! Do you just need a referral letter from an Australian FS to CFC?

Wilson Joy, your message made me smile with the image of your 2 little boys in their woollies on a visit to the park. They sound adorable!